Conner Barwin

Connor Barwin is an absolute FREAK! I had the pleasure of watching him for 4 years at Cincinnati. He has been a productive Tight End, and was a complete force last season at Defensive End. He even played on the UC Basketball team for two years as they were going through their post-Bob Huggins transition (they still are!).

Some say that he is a project at Defensive End, but I think he has proven he is more than capable by being the Big East Leader in sacks for 2008. He can also play outside linebacker, and has great speed (ran a 4.48 at his pro day on Thursday).

I think that Barwin is a reach with the Bills first round pick, but may be worth trading up to get late in the first or early second.

Here is a video from the Cincy Pro day from Thursday: http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/06-oa...chool=cinn&

Barwin would be an ideal guy to look at in a trade down scenario. Barwin and Mack or Unger in for the Bills first two picks would go a long way to making the Bills a better team.

The Bills need 4 players who can make strong contributions this year out of this draft. A trade down at the 11 th pick is the best way to get there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new note from rotoworld:

Cincinnati DE/OLB/TE Connor Barwin ran his forty-yard dash in the 4.4-4.5 range at the Bearcats' Pro Day.

Prospects always do better at Pro Days, but this can only help. Barwin, who ran 4.66 at the Combine, is looking more and more like a first-round pick.

4.47. Wow. Not that it matters what a DE runs in the 40 but at 256, it's rather amazing.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I'll admit, this isn't much of a contribution to this thread, but if Barwin gets drafted by the Bills, I'll be the first in line for a jersey.

Go Bearcats! Go Bills!

The Bills need to get some Bearcats! Barwin & Mike Mickens would be nice additions! Mardy Gilyard in 2010!

Most posters on this board are closer to Al Davis in personnel evaluation when looking at draft prospects. It's remarkable that a 256 pound man can run the 40 in 4.47, but it doesn't make for a solid football player. Barwin is a project type player with outstanding measurables, and I'm not sure he's the pass rusher who can come in on 3rd down this season and apply pressure. He's played one season at DE, and while excellent at UC, he doesn't have a lot of experience using his hands, dipping around OT's, and demonstrating a variety of pass rushing moves.

I think Buffalo's looking for the most NFL ready pass rusher, not necessarily the guy with the most upside. They know the defense needs a lot more pass rush this season, not 2-3 years from now.

Most posters on this board are closer to Al Davis in personnel evaluation when looking at draft prospects. It's remarkable that a 256 pound man can run the 40 in 4.47, but it doesn't make for a solid football player. Barwin is a project type player with outstanding measurables, and I'm not sure he's the pass rusher who can come in on 3rd down this season and apply pressure. He's played one season at DE, and while excellent at UC, he doesn't have a lot of experience using his hands, dipping around OT's, and demonstrating a variety of pass rushing moves.

I think Buffalo's looking for the most NFL ready pass rusher, not necessarily the guy with the most upside. They know the defense needs a lot more pass rush this season, not 2-3 years from now.

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Tremendous upside, has shown lots of promise. But he seems more like a project player than anything. I just can't imagine a player with one year of experience at DE, coming into the pro's, ready to be an impact player.

Antonio Gates is an amazing story, but not too many of those players exist.

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

Tremendous upside, has shown lots of promise. But he seems more like a project player than anything. I just can't imagine a player with one year of experience at DE, coming into the pro's, ready to be an impact player.

Antonio Gates is an amazing story, but not too many of those players exist.

Don't forget that Gates spent a year on the taxi squad and a year buried at No. 3 on the depth chart before he had his breakout campaign.

I'm not questioning Barwin's potential, I just think that there are other players that would help the defense more.

:blink: First you get pwned by G friggin' Host, now this... you're on a roll today, Junior. :censored:

What is this pwned, I keep seeing? Is this some kind of cool internet lingo? I'm sorry but your "he's white" thumbs down joke is not all that funny. It's actually been repeated over and over and over again. So great job Rico, another quality contribution from a sh$tbag poster. Come up with a new routine, yours is quite used up.

I think that project or not, but if he's there at 2 and we didn't pick a rusher at 1, they'd pick him up. Keep in mind, the Bills have in place Ellis, most likely to replace Kelsay in 2010. Whomever we get at DE, if they are good enough, will bump either Denney or Schobel - or play alongside Schobel, who may get to play out his contract as we draft his replacement next year.

But that's down the road. IF they draft Barwin, are you telling me from watching his pure pass-rush ability this year if anyone here watched UC that he couldn't hand fight and claw his way to a few sacks?

I think that project or not, but if he's there at 2 and we didn't pick a rusher at 1, they'd pick him up. Keep in mind, the Bills have in place Ellis, most likely to replace Kelsay in 2010. Whomever we get at DE, if they are good enough, will bump either Denney or Schobel - or play alongside Schobel, who may get to play out his contract as we draft his replacement next year.

But that's down the road. IF they draft Barwin, are you telling me from watching his pure pass-rush ability this year if anyone here watched UC that he couldn't hand fight and claw his way to a few sacks?

What the Bills need is a situational pass rusher. Let's assume that Kelsay and Schobel are still here and highly paid next year. A Barwin or a is ideal in that role.

How about Barwin as a Situational pass rusher at DE or LB? Just move him around and let the other team account for him.

Even better he could be a situational TE (the second or third TE)? That would equal one full time player.

You get another bonus if you trade down and get an extra second or third round pick to get him. You could even save a roster spot that way. Look at the draft day flexibility you would get.

A trade down and draft Barwin effectively yields 5 picks in the first three rounds.

How does Barwin at DE , 2 OL and a LB look after the third round is completed?