Roy Williams anyone???

mrags

I've watched him play and he takes poor angles in pursuit, is out of position in pass coverage and isn't good at staying with defenders.

Williams has a unique skill set that must be utilized in a specific way, but he is poor in pass coverage.

He would fit right in with Ko and Lil' Donte.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, as of 3-5-09 Roy Williams is a FA. Can anyone tell me why we are not entertaining this idea? Take a look at the arguements for Williams before you rip my throat out.

5× Pro Bowl selection (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)

"As a rookie in 2002, he was moved to free safety in order to play alongside strong safety Darren Woodson. Although it should be noted that the Cowboys defensive scheme that year allowed both players to interchange positions as to allow confusion for the opposing offenses. Williams was also runner-up for Defensive Rookie of the Year"

A 5 time Pro Bowler seems like a good leader that this defense might need. Someone that plays hard, and hits hard. He could play either FS, or SS and switch back and forth with Whitner similar to how they used him in Dallas when he played with Woodson.

You could argue that the only reason why he didnt make the Pro Bowl last year is because he injured himself during the 2nd game of the season with a broken arm. He came back 4 weeks later and refractured the same arm.

Your thoughts?

yea i'll tell you y...he sucks and is a horrible safety who made those pro bowls on name rep. alone not his play

One of the reason his play diminished was because Dallas switched its scheme. He had his probowl years in a 4-3 cover two style D. Which the Bills play now. Not saying he is a great cover safety by any means. But a few guys have stated he could be had relatively cheap comming off two injured arms last year. And yes he could play linebacker. He is a tough hitter, and i bet he could cover just as good as any linebacker the Bills currently have under contract. He was/has been mentioned to make the move to LB. I would not be surprised which ever team signs him will try to move him to a linebacker.

^^^^^what he said^^^^^