Felser Says Bills

BillsNYC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people are DOWN on Jason Peters ability on the field why in the heck whould another team give us a first round pick for him? You can't have it both ways.

:lol:

Not to worry Frez! :thumbsup:

All we gotta do is find one GM that's as smart as all the Peters FanBoys on TSW! <_<

Some of guys need to get over this hate because Peretrs held out and look at the bottom line in that he has played at PRO BOWL LEVEL for 4 years straight. He held out, had an OFF year AND STILL MADE THE PRO BOWL; in little old BUFFALO!!! He didn't make it because of fan voting I can tell you that! WHile he gave up a lot of sacks, most of those were coverage sacks. For instance Joey Porter got 3-4 sacks (mostly due to coverage!) against the Bills but aside from those plays he barely touched our QB going against JP! The Bills shouldn't let this guy get away especially with 2 years left on his contract. Get over the over analyzing and pointing out of ever mistep the guy makes and think back to the LT's we've had the past few years; do you really want to take it back there? If it was that easy to find a stud LT, why did it take us so long? Why are they paid so much? With a true stud LT like Peters you have more confidence allowing him to block one-on-one on an island with no help; try that with Chambers or Walker for a WHOLE season and see how fast you will be calling for JP!

Here's a question - if we sign him now for what he wants - $12.5 a year - how long until that's not enough and he's back to his holdout ways? Can you imagine what will happen if we ever do reach that threatened upcapped season and Peters is locked into a contract for "only $12.5 a year"?

I think they guy's got solid talent, but I think you have to weigh how much better he makes the team over another cheaper guy vs. how many holes this team has to fill. This team has a lot of needs beyond left tackle - we can't be hamstrung is trying to address those needs by paying a guy who may throw the same tantrum a couple of seasons from now.

Trent also has to get rid of the ball and make some better reads - so many times last year he had time to throw and didn't do anything with it. If that continues it doesn't matter if we have a Pro Bowl tackle - it will really be a waste of huge money on the line.

Great article, found it interesting he senses Peters is on his way out and mentions it twice:

"This team has few options. It sounds as if they are about to discard the best offensive lineman they have had since their Super Bowl days, left tackle Jason Peters, whom they should have tied up for the next five or six years. They don’t have a left guard. They may or may not have a center. They don’t have a tight end. They need a pass rusher. Now they may be bidding bye-bye to Peters.

"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/608132.html

This is the thing that bothers me most about the Bills front office... losing a good-great player may be inevitable, but get the most you can for it. They could force Peters to play out the rest of his contract, but sometimes it is simply better to take out the trash and clear the way for a different attitude in the locker room.

And as some folks noted, the line didn't do too shabby at the beginning of the year when other players were subbing for Peters as he was trying to work himself into game shape. And before the haters start ripping me, I am not blind to the raw skill that Peters has - I just don't like any one player holding a team hostage when that team was the one team that gave him a chance and developed him into the player he is.

I don't think the offer that the Bill's front office has put together is not competitive, but as long as the free agency works the way it does, we are going to keep seeing players being signed for ridiculous amounts of money crippling those franchises in the process and agents circling like sharks telling their players that they deserve to be paid like that other guy that got that ridiculous contract.

New England refuses to overpay to keep arguably talented players, but before those players walk they get other teams to compensate with extra picks. Then again, they have been pretty good at making those picks count.

If if is certain that Peters is just not going to negotiate, then find a team that is willing to part with picks and trade him before the end of his contract and let him be their headache to deal with.

Hopefully we do not end up with a bunch of projects that don't pan out.

Just my 5 cents worth.

Some of guys need to get over this hate because Peretrs held out and look at the bottom line in that he has played at PRO BOWL LEVEL for 4 years straight. He held out, had an OFF year AND STILL MADE THE PRO BOWL; in little old BUFFALO!!! He didn't make it because of fan voting I can tell you that! WHile he gave up a lot of sacks, most of those were coverage sacks. For instance Joey Porter got 3-4 sacks (mostly due to coverage!) against the Bills but aside from those plays he barely touched our QB going against JP! The Bills shouldn't let this guy get away especially with 2 years left on his contract. Get over the over analyzing and pointing out of ever mistep the guy makes and think back to the LT's we've had the past few years; do you really want to take it back there? If it was that easy to find a stud LT, why did it take us so long? Why are they paid so much? With a true stud LT like Peters you have more confidence allowing him to block one-on-one on an island with no help; try that with Chambers or Walker for a WHOLE season and see how fast you will be calling for JP!

And if we were to sign him to a whopping extension with $$$tons$$$ o' guaranteed monies only to find out he was a one-year wonder at LT - or even worse, will never recover from his multiple injuries but will pull the hold-out crap every time a new young LT gets a bigger contract - you'll be the first one calling the Bills front office a bunch of idiots. :wallbash:

Once again, I think the Bills buckling and signing Peters to a huge money deal will only send the message to players that holding out and coming in unprepared, and not giving full effort, are behaviors that lead to a reward. That is absurd, especially given the economic circumstances. He doesn't deserve a raise, and what's more, he should honor a contract he signed freely. The Bills should ship him and pick up a replacement. There are options at LT in FA and draft. They should be stocking up on both lines, since everyone knows that builds championship teams. The Bills will be only average if they don't commit to having great lines, and great lines are consistent. Peters is inconsistent to the point where it cost the Bills a few games last year. That is not deserving of the money. Trade him for the best draft picks availabe. Hell, even send him to Kansas City for Shields and Gonzalez. Get the most for him and move on.

This is the thing that bothers me most about the Bills front office... losing a good-great player may be inevitable, but get the most you can for it. They could force Peters to play out the rest of his contract, but sometimes it is simply better to take out the trash and clear the way for a different attitude in the locker room.

And as some folks noted, the line didn't do too shabby at the beginning of the year when other players were subbing for Peters as he was trying to work himself into game shape. And before the haters start ripping me, I am not blind to the raw skill that Peters has - I just don't like any one player holding a team hostage when that team was the one team that gave him a chance and developed him into the player he is.

I don't think the offer that the Bill's front office has put together is not competitive, but as long as the free agency works the way it does, we are going to keep seeing players being signed for ridiculous amounts of money crippling those franchises in the process and agents circling like sharks telling their players that they deserve to be paid like that other guy that got that ridiculous contract.

New England refuses to overpay to keep arguably talented players, but before those players walk they get other teams to compensate with extra picks. Then again, they have been pretty good at making those picks count.

If if is certain that Peters is just not going to negotiate, then find a team that is willing to part with picks and trade him before the end of his contract and let him be their headache to deal with.

Just my 5 cents worth.

If it's true that the Bills offer doubles his current 4 million with 2 years to on the old contract and Peters and his flippin agent are still unhappy then neither learned a single thing regarding the FO in the past year. Then goodbye to ungrateful garbage. I don't care how much talent Peters possesses.

Just my 5 cents worth.

This is what Jimmy Johnson got for Herschel Walker...

Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

* San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

* Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

[edit] Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon

* LB David Howard

* CB Issiac Holt

* RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)

* DE Alex Stewart

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) They traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)

* Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)

* Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s.

Link

Now if the Bills can do half as well with PayMe Peters, we'll get players to plug holes that exist right now, plus a bunch of picks in this and future drafts.

IF Peters is so God-like, there must be at least one GM who's as smart as the FanBoys on TSW, and who would give anything to grab him. :wallbash:

Trade him for players & picks. Bye bye PayMe Peters.

Move Walker to LT - Langston did a fine job spelling FatBoy while he huffed and puffed himself into playing shape.

Speed up the development of Demetrius Bell. Draft an OT, or pick up a FA. Lots of options.

The Bills turnstyle needs to be shut down. They have a proven lineman and need to keep him in house. Last year the Titans and haynesworth were reportedly $2mill apart. Don't you think if they met him on this demand they would be the happier for it? The Bills and Peters are reportedly $3mil apart - time to get the deal done - tie the final hurdle to performance incentives. The Bills can't build a quality team by letting players - especially the good ones walk while they try to figure out if they have "replacements" (in this case Bell) in the ready.

This is what Jimmy Johnson got for Herschel Walker...

Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)

* San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)

* Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)

* Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

[edit] Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon

* LB David Howard

* CB Issiac Holt

* RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)

* DE Alex Stewart

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) They traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)

* Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)

* Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)

* Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

* Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two of which were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Herschel Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s.

Link

Now if the Bills can do half as well with PayMe Peters, we'll get players to plug holes that exist right now, plus a bunch of picks in this and future drafts.

IF Peters is so God-like, there must be at least one GM who's as smart as the FanBoys on TSW, and who would give anything to grab him. :wallbash:

Worst case scenario: Bills trade Peters for reasonable value, move Walker to LT (with a raise and incentives), and acquire or draft a new RT. PIA gone from the roster.

Great article, found it interesting he senses Peters is on his way out and mentions it twice:

"This team has few options. It sounds as if they are about to discard the best offensive lineman they have had since their Super Bowl days, left tackle Jason Peters, whom they should have tied up for the next five or six years. They don’t have a left guard. They may or may not have a center. They don’t have a tight end. They need a pass rusher. Now they may be bidding bye-bye to Peters.

"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/608132.html

"sounds as if"

"may be"

This is a guess.

Awwww...poor Trent :wallbash:

(Sounds like you're already getting a list of excuses ready, just in case your boy's not so good, you FanBoy! ;) )

I know you and some others like to ignore this fact, but the sacks were 'piling up' with Peters at Left Tackle last season...

"Buffalo's Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting left tackle in the league in 2008.

His 11.5 sacks allowed came in only 13 games because he missed three with various injuries after a training camp holdout. He was even worse than fellow turnstile LTs Jeff Backus, Khalif Barnes, Kwame Harris, Max Starks, and Levi Jones. Peters has very little leverage if he still wants that raise."

Link

And how many sacks did Peters allow the last time we got him into training camp? Could you please let us know those statistics?

Because so far, all the folks posting the stats for last year strangely can't seem to find the stats for the years when Peters came to camp. Why do you suppose that is? It couldn't be that they have an ax to grind and those stats totally refute their criticisms of Peters, could it?

Still waiting.

Worst case scenario: Bills trade Peters for reasonable value, move Walker to LT (with a raise and incentives), and acquire or draft a new RT. PIA gone from the roster.

The reason we're even having this Peters discussion is because what you said didn't happen with Peters, so what makes you think if they moved Walker to LT they'd give HIM a raise?