I know there is a lot of time left in FA, but the OL has holes to fill

As it stands right now, the Bills have the following players on the OL who will probably be with the team come September...

Walker(starter)

Butler(starter)

Hangartner(starter)

Peters(starter, but potential holdout...AGAIN)

Bell

Chambers

1.) If Peters holds out or gets traded, the Bills would need to completely rebuild the left side of the line.

2.) I can't believe all the remaining spots for the OL(9 total?) are going to be filled through the draft.

3.) Where are the OL F/A visits?

4.) So far the scorecard looks like this...Whittle, Preston, Fowler and Dockery out, Hangartner in.

As it stands right now, the Bills have the following players on the OL who will probably be with the team come September...

Walker(starter)

Butler(starter)

Hangartner(starter)

Peters(starter, but potential holdout...AGAIN)

Bell

Chambers

1.) If Peters holds out or gets traded, the Bills would need to completely rebuild the left side of the line.

2.) I can't believe all the remaining spots for the OL(9 total?) are going to be filled through the draft.

3.) Where are the OL F/A visits?

4.) So far the scorecard looks like this...Whittle, Preston, Fowler and Dockery out, Hangartner in.

Jauron says he'd like to have 15 guys in camp via FA, draft, and College FA.

We have 2 Centers: Hangartener and Philip.

We have 6 Tackles including Peters, Walker, Chambers, Bell, Jon Scott, and Chris Denman.

We have 2 Guards-- Butler and Rodd (?).

I bet he's looking for 3 OG's, 1 OT, and one OC.

at the very least we need a guard and a guard/center.

FA's still out there:

Mike Goff

Pete Kendall

Kendall Simmons

Milford Brown

Adrian Jones

Jeremy Bridges

Adam Goldberg

Seth McKinney

Matt Lehr

Jason Fabini

Eric Ghiaciuc - center

Tutan Reyes

Jason Whittle

Duke Preston

and some others

anybody have any feel for these guys?

Goff and Simmons would be good additions. I think the Bills are likely to sign Kendall Simmons when he realizes that the money he wants isn't coming his way, and that the Bills offer is pretty good. Otherwise, I don't think we should really bother with most of these guys. There's solid guard talent available in the 2nd-4th rounds this year, which is where we really need the help. And the Bills will sign Peters at some point before training camp. Neither side can afford the effects that another hold out would cause.

I know the bills had Simmons in and put him through a workout for the achilles. I am guessing it went well. Was there ever any report on it anywhere? He sounds like the best bet for a starter next year. But they will likely draft atleast two guys in the first 4 rounds. If they only sign one FA interior guy. Then after the draft pick up 'camp guys' from whats left.

I know the bills had Simmons in and put him through a workout for the achilles. I am guessing it went well. Was there ever any report on it anywhere? He sounds like the best bet for a starter next year. But they will likely draft atleast two guys in the first 4 rounds. If they only sign one FA interior guy. Then after the draft pick up 'camp guys' from whats left.

The report on BB.com was pretty clear that the workout went by with flying colors and he was deemed fit. Buffalo just hasn't signed him to a contract. I have a feeling Simmons wanted to wait and see what the market was like. He's probably finding it it pretty dry out there. He'll be back. As for the draft, I think you're right on. I'm hoping Alex Mack is there in the second round, but more likely he won't be. If not Mack, I hope Buffalo can get Unger at G. Guy seems like a beast and a steal for where Buffalo can likely get him.

Pioli isn't stupid and knowing the Pats took a G in the 1st a few years back when it was sort of "unheard of" makes me think we have no shot at Waters.

But I'd love to explore that trade scenario. I know it was a hot issue on TSW a week back and I'd love to see the Bills gauge what the Chiefs value him at. I'd definately give a 4th, maybe even a 3rd. Him next to Peters would be awesome for Trent's blindside protection and the Lynch/Jackson runs.

I like the idea of haveing Waters too. But would not want to give anything more then a fourth. So, like you pointed out about Pioli, i dont think that would happen. Mix that in with the fact the Bills just got burned by signing a 'big name' LG that was a huge disappointment, leaves me to believe the Bills wont want to give too much either.

Rather, sign Simmons for 2 years .Starter for this year. Draft 2 guys, a center then gaurd to develope for a year. Simmons either moves to back up in 2010 or starts if young guys aren't ready. Then you should have 5 quality interior guys. In Simmons, Hangartner, Butler and your two draft picks. Walker (and for now) Peters are your takles. With Chambers and Bell as back ups.

I don't know why you think this, whereas I can't recall them ever doing so. The Jason Peters debacle proves once again that on draft day in Buffalo, blocking is an afterthought. We draft defensive backs first and foremost.

We lost Greer and Whitner will be out of here sooner than later. Look for a safety and a corner in the first 4 rounds. And that would be an improvement over the disaster draft of 06, and the equal of the defensive back dominated draft of 08.

No way they draft another corner anywhere near the top 4 picks. I am guessing you are being a pessimest by your comment. They have Corner, Youboty, McGhee, McKelvin, and Florence. If you tell me they go after one later in the draft i will buy that. And Whitner isn't going anywhere in my opinion. He sounds like a guy that really enjoys Buffalo and wants to make this team a playoff team for years.

I'm getting nervous about Peters. I'm starting to think that this guy is never going to be satisfied. Anyone who wants to hold someone hostage can't be trusted in my opinion. He was an undrafted FA and the contract that he is looking for is going tom be top dollar. Is paying him the right move for the Bills? I think that bringing in insurance policies might be a good idea. Taking a good look at ex-Cleveland T Kevin Shaffer would be a good start. he played both T positions and I'm wondering if we got him for our RT and moving Langston Walker to LT might not be such a bad idea. It would also constitute the money that we're paying Walker and if trading Peters for a 1st rd pick (Philly?) and possibly a mid rder would allow us to fill other needs on our team.

If that were to happen then our draft on the first day could look like this.

1st rd-DL Tyson Jackson

1st rd (Philly's pick at #21)-ILB James Laurinaitis

2nd rd-OG Duke Robinson

Trade our 2nd rder and 5th rder (Philly's) to move up in the draft and select TE Jared Cook.

The reason that I think that this would feasible is because first of all the economics and also ridding ourselves a disgruntled player who may never be satisfied. The second reason is that by taking Laurinaitis it would allow us to move Poz to the outside which is actually his natural position. The third reason is that we would still have 4 out of 5 OLinemen that are NFL veterans while we work in one rookie on the line. The fourth reason is that we also put ourselves in position to be able to still draft a quality pass catching TE.

Eric Ghiaciuc - center

Eric Ghiaciuc: CIN's #4 in 2005, from Central Michigan.

Replaced Rich Braham (who was a fine center...146 games, 142 starts over a 13-year career) after his career-ending leg injury, 2nd game of '06.

Ghiaciuc is a decent pass blocker, but tends towards getting pushed around in run blocking. Nice guy, good attitude. Injured much of last season - 5 games, 1 start. I forget what the injury was. Shoulder?

He doesn't seem in CIN's plans this season - leaving them with a PS player, and an IR player at center. I'd imagine they will be looking in the draft.