James Hardy on Sirius NFL Radio

GripnRip

I am listening to the Late Hits replay this morning and they just had a great interview with James Hardy. Obviously they asked him about the jersey topic and he said the front office just asked him to change and that he didn't care at all. He said he picked 81 because it was Randy Moss' number and that hes going to make a name for himself with his play not his number.

They asked him about his "tough" first year and his response was refreshing. He basically explained how none of the routes he ran in Indiana are used in our offense and that is just took him some time to learn dozens of new routes on top of an NFL playbook. He sounded very focused and eager to become an impact player. It was also very clear to me he wasn't "dumb", he sounds like a smart kid and no doubt has the drive to be a very good football player.

Anyways, it definitely quelled some of my fears about Hardy. As bad as it may look for him, with Lee Evans and T.O. next to him every day I can't imagine a more beneficial situation for him at this point. As of now I'm still a James Hardy believer.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am listening to the Late Hits replay this morning and they just had a great interview with James Hardy. Obviously they asked him about the jersey topic and he said the front office just asked him to change and that he didn't care at all. He said he picked 81 because it was Randy Moss' number and that hes going to make a name for himself with his play not his number.

They asked him about his "tough" first year and his response was refreshing. He basically explained how none of the routes he ran in Indiana are used in our offense and that is just took him some time to learn dozens of new routes on top of an NFL playbook. He sounded very focused and eager to become an impact player. It was also very clear to me he wasn't "dumb", he sounds like a smart kid and no doubt has the drive to be a very good football player.

Anyways, it definitely quelled some of my fears about Hardy. As bad as it may look for him, with Lee Evans and T.O. next to him every day I can't imagine a more beneficial situation for him at this point. As of now I'm still a James Hardy believer.

Nice to hear, thanks for the post!!

thats good to hear... whats the latest on his injury?

Thanks for posting this. I heard it last night and planned to do the same.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this interview. After the domestic, the gun, and the injury, my expectations from him were low. The kid is smart, and he sounds sincere. He also said that he is staying up in Buffalo because he "can't" go back to Indiana. I was proud of him; it is great to see a young man being that pragmatic.

He was also beaming with confidence. As I told others who think that Stevie Johnson is being screwed with the signing of T.O., he is not. If Hardy and/or Johnson really are good, they will see the field and get their chance. Hardy said that he wants to pick TO's brain and learn all of his tricks so he can improve his own game. That's what I want to hear.

I can be a bit jaded and harsh at times, but I truly couldn't have asked for more from a young Bills player in terms of saying the right things. I hope that for his sake and ours, he gets healthy, stays out of trouble, and catches touchdowns for us.

Hardy seemed like he had the talent to produce for us last season and showed flashes in a couple of games. Hopefully he has recovered well from his surgery and can really learn how to use his size as an advantage by watching T.O. and getting as much experience as he can. Hardy should develop into a solid option by the end of the season, which should help the offense going forward, in the likely event that the Bills don't sign Owens to a longer term deal.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this interview. After the domestic, the gun, and the injury, my expectations from him were low. The kid is smart, and he sounds sincere. He also said that he is staying up in Buffalo because he "can't" go back to Indiana. I was proud of him; it is great to see a young man being that pragmatic.

He was also beaming with confidence. As I told others who think that Stevie Johnson is being screwed with the signing of T.O., he is not. If Hardy and/or Johnson really are good, they will see the field and get their chance. Hardy said that he wants to pick TO's brain and learn all of his tricks so he can improve his own game. That's what I want to hear.

I can be a bit jaded and harsh at times, but I truly couldn't have asked for more from a young Bills player in terms of saying the right things. I hope that for his sake and ours, he gets healthy, stays out of trouble, and catches touchdowns for us.

Good post. Signing TO is just about the best thing that could happen to Hardy and Johnson in the long term.

He said he picked 81 because it was Randy Moss' number and that hes going to make a name for himself with his play not his number.

Man, is that the right attitude or what? Hopefully he backs those words up with an A+ effort next season...if he's back from his injury and game to go, we could be one of the most dangerous red zone teams in the NFL.

Thanks Bill (and GripnRip). Terrific post, and I agree with everything you said.

Did he talk about how he is progressing from his injury?

Thanks Bill (and GripnRip). Terrific post, and I agree with everything you said.

Did he talk about how he is progressing from his injury?

I heard him talk the other day and he said it's going good, he will play in training camp but he doesn't expect to go full go 100%, and may not even play in games, until the last pre-season game. It's hard to tell though.

Guest dog14787

I have very high hopes for Hardy and watching TO play is going to help him allot, plus Trent Edwards will have to develop the chemistry, experience, and ball placement that is required to work with a big receiver like TO. So the closer Hardy can duplicate TO the easier it will be for Hardy to get up to NFL speed and develop the proper chemistry with TE that will be needed for Hardy to have a big impact on the football field himself one day.

TO can help our team allot if our team lets him. This is a big opportunity for all of our WR's to learn some new tricks and also take advantage of what it means just having TO on the field along side of them. Buffalo needs leadership and TO can give it, so in that respect this is also an opportunity for TO to step up and lead his team in the right direction.

Thanks. That all sounds great. It looks like the guy has a great attitude and is striving to make improvements and a comeback strong. I'm glad to hear this because I think he has a bright future in this league. He's too talented and physically gifted not to improve. He's gonna learn a lot playing behind Evans and Owens and they can bring him along slowy.

nice post!!!