James Hardy on Sirius NFL Radio

GripnRip

Despite what some people may have you believe, you really can't change someone's behavior once they've reach a certain age. Hardy is no more likely to start creating lockerroom problems like TO than he is to start working-out on his driveway, just like none of TO's WR teammates started acting like him. However he is likely to learn how to play the position of WR better.

Exactly.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that as teams have to draw up gameplans for both Evans and TO, while both of these guys will thrive, there is probably the most room for improvement from Hardy and Roscoe, each of which have slightly unusual talents (really big vs. crazy quick) and could be used very interestingly in three and four wide sets.

While I think boring but good Josh Reed is still ahead of them for now and will stay that in a vanilla style offense, I could really see Roscoe getting some (sorry for the cliche) Welker room underneath, and I could see the ability for Hardy to be consistently in mismatches using his size, when the top two targets TO and Evans are drawing the main attention and best defensive players. Will be tough since Evans and TO will want the touches and not enjoy being decoys, so I don't see the alternates like Hardy getting a lot of quantity like a Welker does, but there is a lot of room for quality and mismatches.

Who benefits the most from this and from TO? I still think it is Lynch, who suddenly sees more space and can actually get some of his yards before engaging beast mode.

Roscoe is not an NFL WR.

I fear as much as this is not a good move Reed could end up as odd man out with T.O. on board. Reed is a gamer because of his work ethic and solid overall play. He is not getting younger (by NFL measure) and he may simply fall due to numbers.

With that said I would rather see Roscoe traded.

I don't see how this has anything to do with the bizarre notion (at least imo) that they have to learn new routes when they reach the NFL. It's not like they come into the league and suddenly learn of the existence of the Z-out and the skinny post. Their route trees are no different in the NFL than they were in college, or HS for that matter.

If it's more difficult to evaluate them in spread offenses (which I don't necessarily dispute) it's more likely due to the fact that they're rarely pressed, their competition is inferior and they're usually working in the kind space they won't see in the NFL.

Insinuating somebody is struggling because they're just learning to run post-corners and chair routes that they've never run before strikes me as extremely silly.

Depending upon what style of offense a school runs will usually determine what kind of plays the receiver needs to learn, some college passing offenses are very basic and may only use 6-8 plays out of 14+.Pro receivers need to learn all routes at all positions and also hot reads for when opposing defenses blitz.

Its been noted that Ted Ginn JR came out of Ohio st with a learning disability,plus the fact that they only had him run a select few offensive passing plays. Stating that, it was surprising that the Dolphins selected him with the 9th pick because most scouts figured he would take several years for him to develop and to learn all the routes that the NFL teams utilize,not to mention the hot reads. I suppose that old adage applies here,you can't teach speed :wallbash:

Man, is that the right attitude or what? Hopefully he backs those words up with an A+ effort next season...if he's back from his injury and game to go, we could be one of the most dangerous red zone teams in the NFL.

haha...most dangerous redzone offense in the NFL....haha.

we still have a questionable qb and a questionable coaching staff that may not even know how to utilize there strengths.

haha

Are you friggin kidding with this line..."with Lee Evans and T.O. next to him every day I can't imagine a more beneficial situation for him at this point". Nothing like having a locker room killing, skills declining, loud mouth WR mentoring your young players.

as the young kids would say...."fail."

The guy is, and has always been a cancer.

when has he ever been cancer in his first year? Look at the three teams he has been with, he was ALWAYS good his first year. it wasn't until his 2nd year that he started his "cancer." and i doubt he will stay with the bills past this one year deal.

TO "faked a suicide attempt?" Really? And even if he did, was he cited for it? Was Hardy cited for the incident with dear old dad last year?

Your attempts to portray yourself as a Bills fan are failing miserably, Mr. WEO. And if you truly are one, it might be best for your mental health if you find a new favorite team.

Ok maybe it was an actual suicide attempt. Does that make you feel better? Do they "cite" people for maiing fake or maybe half-hearted suicide attempts. You seem to be some sort of legal authority here.

The choice for me would have been easy---give away some picks and a lot of money to lock up Boldin, who is CURRENTLY one of the top WRs in the league, for years to come.........or spend $6.5 million to get a aging star, for one year (!?) who will challenge everyone on the team if he doesn't become the star of a passing offense immediately. Hmmmmm. I guess if I criticize the choice the great Russ Brandon made------I must hate the Bills!!!!

That's a great point. And well argued.

Relax VOR. I assure you I am a Bills fan, just as you say you are. I'm just not a fool.

Ok maybe it was an actual suicide attempt. Does that make you feel better? Do they "cite" people for maiing fake or maybe half-hearted suicide attempts. You seem to be some sort of legal authority here.

The choice for me would have been easy---give away some picks and a lot of money to lock up Boldin, who is CURRENTLY one of the top WRs in the league, for years to come.........or spend $6.5 million to get a aging star, for one year (!?) who will challenge everyone on the team if he doesn't become the star of a passing offense immediately. Hmmmmm. I guess if I criticize the choice the great Russ Brandon made------I must hate the Bills!!!!

Relax VOR. I assure you I am a Bills fan, just as you say you are. I'm just not a fool.

How do you have any idea what attempts have been made for Boldin? The cardinals don't seem too interested in letting him go besides. You need to seperate fantasy world and reality. Owens was a free agent and we still have our picks. It's fun to throw trade ideas out there but when morons start blaming the Bills for not making them happen, it gets ugly.

LOL! If you had any capacity to make that determination, it would actually mean something.

I gave you reasons to be wary of trading a 1st rounder (which in the Bills case would be 11th overall, at least) for Boldin, plus paying him a ton of money. What he did to his OC during the game-winning drive in the NFCCG (because...he wanted to be the star of the drive) and leaving right after the game were no better than anything TO has ever done, and the guy has missed more than a few games over his career (TO got his leg broken in 2004, missed 4 games, and came back early to play in the SB, so BFD). You see, there's a reason the Cards are trying to get rid of him and aren't even entertaining paying him what he wants.