crowell staying in buffalo?

Here's how I feel;

I'd like if we re-signed Crowell. The kid can play, knows the system, still young, and when at his best is GOOD. But I know never to get too excited because he could easily sign with the Bucs or whomever tomorrow morning. Deep down, I'm rooting for the Bills to sign him because that would take care of one of our critical needs.

And even though he wasn't a high pick, don't forget about Bowen. Also, don't forget DiGorgio, who was injured most of last season.

I would rather the Bills part ways with Ellison, unless he can be had on the CHEAP.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're picking between the three of them, I give a slight edge to crowell, assuming he is healthy.

The only eason crowell would win out those other two is the fact he has played strong but if i were to choose between those three it would be Keiaho hes a beast and a great tackler!!!

Here's an even funnier one...

"Jason Peters is the best left tackle in the NFL today, maybe the best ever, and the Bills should just give him anything and everything he wants!"

You are right, that's funny and absurd. Too bad nobody is saying that, except for you, when you want to bash him.

I think the TO signing made Crowell rethink his choices, the Bills right now has more talent then the Bucs do at the moment and that maybe a factor.

Plus I think what happened last year was a mistake on both sides and is something that can be forgotten as long if Cro can prove he is healthy

I think the TO signing made Crowell rethink his choices, the Bills right now has more talent then the Bucs do at the moment and that maybe a factor.

Plus I think what happened last year was a mistake on both sides and is something that can be forgotten as long if Cro can prove he is healthy

Crowell is likely trying to get the most money possible from any willing party. That could be Buffalo for all we know.

There's two Crowell topics right now. I guess I'll add this here too. I wrote this last September.

"Chris Brown on the Bills' official website stated today (Friday, Sept 5th, 1:56 pm ET) that Angelo Crowell has still not had the arthroscopic surgery performed and was seeking a second opinion. So what in hell were the Bills doing putting him on I.R.?

Firstly, they carried Ryan Denney for 7 weeks last season. Couldn't the organization have done the same for Crowell? Particularly in that the prognosis for a knee scope is typically better than one for a broken bone in the foot. While the prognosis for either injury is only a guesstimate, why the benefit of the doubt for Denney and not Crowell?

On top of this he still hasn't actually had the surgery. By prematurely placing him on I.R. they've made the decision for him.

The Bills should have at least said, "if you have surgery we'll put you on I.R." and left it in Crowell's court.

Instead they jumped the gun, screwed themselves (particularly if he decided to forgo the surgery and play through), and caused a lot of bad feelings in the organization. How do I know it caused bad feelings? Because I'm not a total idiot. How could it not cause bad feelings?

This decision by the team smacks of a punitive action and in light of the fact that he hasn't had the scope yet, they're punishing him for something that he hasn't even done yet!

As a psychotic Bills' fan like yourselves, it is very sad moment to witness the mishandling of this situation by the Bills' braintrust. The Bills are always saying they make decisions by consensus. That means several people from among (Brandon, Jauron, Bud Carpenter, Dr. Marzo, Guy, Modrak, etc.) thought that this was a good idea. What an idiotic move."

The prognosis was 4-6 weeks. I find it hard to believe the two sides will make up but stranger things have happened. I hope I'm wrong and that Crowell returns to the Bills.

I like that starting LB core for the most part. Was Mitchell weakside last year? And Crowell is typically strongside? Not totally sure. Poz does need to step it up a bit...

Yup. That's our likable starting LB corps, in a nutshell.

The prognosis was 4-6 weeks. I find it hard to believe the two sides will make up but stranger things have happened. I hope I'm wrong and that Crowell returns to the Bills.

Please read this article for more info as to why the door is still open. Not saying that he'll sign, but just why it's still a possibility.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/535915.html

Crowell would be a good hold if Buffalo can get him to come back. I would like to see if the Seahawks officially release Julian Peterson this weekend, because if they do, I think Buffalo should strongly consider going after him. If they could sign Peterson and one of the June/Keiaho/Crowell trio, Buffalo would instantly have a much stronger LB corps than most of the teams in our division. Further, Peterson knows how to get to the QB, as he has averaged 8 sacks per season over the last three years and has been a perennial pro bowler. Let's hope the Bills truly aren't done in FA and can sign one or two of these guys for veteran depth at LB.

:ph34r:

There's two Crowell topics right now. I guess I'll add this here too. I wrote this last September.

"Chris Brown on the Bills' official website stated today (Friday, Sept 5th, 1:56 pm ET) that Angelo Crowell has still not had the arthroscopic surgery performed and was seeking a second opinion. So what in hell were the Bills doing putting him on I.R.?

Firstly, they carried Ryan Denney for 7 weeks last season. Couldn't the organization have done the same for Crowell? Particularly in that the prognosis for a knee scope is typically better than one for a broken bone in the foot. While the prognosis for either injury is only a guesstimate, why the benefit of the doubt for Denney and not Crowell?

On top of this he still hasn't actually had the surgery. By prematurely placing him on I.R. they've made the decision for him.

The Bills should have at least said, "if you have surgery we'll put you on I.R." and left it in Crowell's court.

Instead they jumped the gun, screwed themselves (particularly if he decided to forgo the surgery and play through), and caused a lot of bad feelings in the organization. How do I know it caused bad feelings? Because I'm not a total idiot. How could it not cause bad feelings?

This decision by the team smacks of a punitive action and in light of the fact that he hasn't had the scope yet, they're punishing him for something that he hasn't even done yet!

As a psychotic Bills' fan like yourselves, it is very sad moment to witness the mishandling of this situation by the Bills' braintrust. The Bills are always saying they make decisions by consensus. That means several people from among (Brandon, Jauron, Bud Carpenter, Dr. Marzo, Guy, Modrak, etc.) thought that this was a good idea. What an idiotic move."

Right -ON :rolleyes:

I would like to see this happen too,,,,,could be good deal for both sides and bills linebacking corps would be Poz, Mitchell and Crowell, with DiGeorgio, Ellison and Bowen,,,,,,,strong group

I'm not sure that this is as strong a group as you think. Our defense really requires a strong middle linebacker and so far, Poz has not been one. He really needs to step it up this year or it won't matter who we put on the strong side. I have a feeling that's why the Bills were looking at Mike Peterson in FA. Peterson in the middle, Poz to the outside.

I personally, wouldn't spend a ton of money on Crowell. He is a better overall player than Ellison, but I don't think he will produce much more as the strong side linebacker in this defense. If we can re-sign him for something reasonable, otherwise move on.

I'm not sure that this is as strong a group as you think. Our defense really requires a strong middle linebacker and so far, Poz has not been one. He really needs to step it up this year or it won't matter who we put on the strong side. I have a feeling that's why the Bills were looking at Mike Peterson in FA. Peterson in the middle, Poz to the outside.

I personally, wouldn't spend a ton of money on Crowell. He is a better overall player than Ellison, but I don't think he will produce much more as the strong side linebacker in this defense. If we can re-sign him for something reasonable, otherwise move on.

Crowell was our leading Lb with tackles playing outside. Yeah more than the mlb . Compare his last yr stats to the puny Ellison of last yr. Not even close. :thumbsup: