Western New York is getting it's dues!

What a week for Western New York! In less than a week the Buffalo Bills sign the biggest FA in the NFL and then the Syracuse Orange in an epic battle defeating the nation's #4 team in the Big East rival UConn in a historic 6 OT thriller! Celebrate Western New Yorkers, it's long overdue!

What a week for Western New York! In less than a week the Buffalo Bills sign the biggest FA in the NFL and then the Syracuse Orange in an epic battle defeating the nation's #4 team in the Big East rival UConn in a historic 6 OT thriller! Celebrate Western New Yorkers, it's long overdue!

Dude...for the most part, Buffalo, both it's team and the city itself, have been getting slammed all week. Media outlets from all over the country have been using the TO signing as an opportunity to point out what a hole our beloved city is and/or what a bad organization the Bills are.

And IMHO, SU has nothing to do with Buffalo. SU is central New York, just like CU. If the Big Red wins the NCAA hockey championship, I don't think too many people in Buffalo will be pounding their chests with pride.

Cheer for UB...they represent Buffalo.

Instead of arguing where each city lies... I currently live in Saratoga Springs, north of Albany but was born in Hamburg and I'm not trying to take away from Buffalo, believe me. Lets do it this way...

1. The Bills sign T.O.

2. 'Cuse gets the big win

3. (For those from Albany) Siena wins the MAAC for the second year in a row and might get a 10 seed. Great national coverage for a mid-major.

Lets just say UPSTATE New York is getting its due.

:thumbsup::cry:

Oops! I guess that I am a bit of an idiot. I'm from Rochester originally, 80 miles East of Buffalo and 90 miles West of Syracuse, and I never realized that Syracuse is actually Central New York but it never stopped me from claiming them as one of our own regionally. I'm wrong geographic wise but not spirit wise. Now, let the Sabres do something monumental this year and then my home area just pulled a trifecta.

Is Syracuse Western NY? I think they are Central/Upstate!!! However its nice to see Cuse knock off the Number 4 team in the nation and what a show of will to win.

Oops! I guess that I am a bit of an idiot. I'm from Rochester originally, 80 miles East of Buffalo and 90 miles West of Syracuse, and I never realized that Syracuse is actually Central New York but it never stopped me from claiming them as one of our own regionally. I'm wrong geographic wise but not spirit wise. Now, let the Sabres do something monumental this year and then my home area just pulled a trifecta.

I have pulled a few trifectas in my life. Unfortunately the Sabres dont have enough firepower to make it happen. And Syracuse still has to get thru 6 teams in the tourney to win the championship. Cuse definitely has more of a chance than the Sabres and if the Bills can bolster their D line....one big DT next to stroud and a nice DE opposit Schoebel along with more more linebacker behind them and our chance is as good as any.

When you say they signed the biggest FA-I am guessing you meant F*cking Assh*le, he sure wasn't the biggest Free Agent, by any stretch. When was the last time the biggest Free Agent in the NFL was only wanted by one team and they made a list of teams that wanted no part of him-I call it the Common Sense List.

When you say they signed the biggest FA-I am guessing you meant F*cking Assh*le, he sure wasn't the biggest Free Agent, by any stretch. When was the last time the biggest Free Agent in the NFL was only wanted by one team and they made a list of teams that wanted no part of him-I call it the Common Sense List.

Haynesworth was this offseason's biggest (literally and figuratively) FA signing. But TO is in the top 5, for sure.

Upstate and WNY are really one. We could get 4 teams in the tourney...SU, Cornell are in...hopefully UB and a big long shot with Niagara who will at least make the NIT. Good for upstate.

If this high speed rail actually is constructed upstate really will be one big area. Syracuse people can get to Buffalo in a couple hours, Rochester in less than an hour. It is a good way to grow the area and market 4M people (Buff-Roch-Cuse).

Upstate and WNY are really one. We could get 4 teams in the tourney...SU, Cornell are in...hopefully UB and a big long shot with Niagara who will at least make the NIT. Good for upstate.

If this high speed rail actually is constructed upstate really will be one big area. Syracuse people can get to Buffalo in a couple hours, Rochester in less than an hour. It is a good way to grow the area and market 4M people (Buff-Roch-Cuse).

"Upstate New York" is close to useless as a designator. It means, "north of the NYC area". 95% of the land mass of NYS is "upstate", as used by the media, and those residing in the NYC area (NYC, LI and maybe Westchester County). Are you suggesting WNY is the same as Albany (upstate), Watertown (upstate) and Cortland (upstate)?

"Upstate New York" is close to useless as a designator. It means, "north of the NYC area". 95% of the land mass of NYS is "upstate", as used by the media, and those residing in the NYC area (NYC, LI and maybe Westchester County). Are you suggesting WNY is the same as Albany (upstate), Watertown (upstate) and Cortland (upstate)?

they are similar in that they are all broke :huh:

Man, people sure do like to b*itch and moan on this site. Some guy writes about how he's proud of Upstate New York and you psychos jump all over him.

I agree... most of the guys on here are just Douche Bags who just are waiting to BLAST people for their ideas.. WNY negetive mentality... People talk about how nice the people of buffalo are but in reality theyre just depressed A$$holes... Get a life LOSERS!

I agree... most of the guys on here are just Douche Bags who just are waiting to BLAST people for their ideas.. WNY negetive mentality... People talk about how nice the people of buffalo are but in reality theyre just depressed A$$holes... Get a life LOSERS!

...says the guy who regularly bashes me when I post (and usually for things I didn't say...well done).

I guess you're just Mr. Positivity now?

...says the guy who regularly bashes me when I post (and usually for things I didn't say...well done).

I guess you're just Mr. Positivity now?

I always have been... I blast you for blasting other peoples ideas and not EVER come up with your own..

Youre new nickname is "lurker" because thats whay you do.. lurk around looking for someone to blast... lol

I always have been... I blast you for blasting other peoples ideas and not EVER come up with your own..

Youre new nickname is "lurker" because thats whay you do.. lurk around looking for someone to blast... lol

yeah.....because all his posts blast people? look at his posts. He agrees with a lot of people too, says his opinion without directly attacking someone....

now, show me a smile :huh:

Driving south of Saratoga on Route 9 last summer I drove by a bar. The bar had a NE Patriots* neon light in the window. A Patriots Bar? In New York?

There are Bills bars all over the country.

I think the discrepancy is between Bills fans in the Buffalo area and Bills fans in the Rochester/Syracuse area.

Growing up in Rochester, you root for Buffalo Bills football and Syracuse Basketball...they are Rochester's

unofficial or borrowed home teams...and that Cuse game was awesome last night..."let's go Orange", but

maybe Buffalonians don't feel the same affinity to the Orangemen.

Now living in New York City, I have had this debate with a lot of New Yorkers...and my perspective

is that Upstate New York is from north of Yonkers to say Albany and Saratoga Springs...Northern New York

is the Adirondack region and North...Central New York is say Schenectedy, Utica, Rome, Oneida...and

from Syracuse west is Western New York, cause that is where the eastern shore of Ontario cuts the

state--creates the part of New York that sticks out to the west...

but maybe its all just a matter of perspective as to where you grew up or currently live.

I'll tell ya what, Western New York and all of Upstate New York is a damn good place to be. Good blue collar people that like to drink beer, wear jean shorts and from time to time, whoop some ass. My kinda place.

I can't believe you're still continuing this Steve Austin gimmick and not a single person has responded to it.