Trent in Buffalo

Trent was on the Shredd & Ragan Show podcast. He said he was in Buffalo & couldn't wait to get to work with TO & Lee. He also said that they would be spending time off the field together going to dinner, getting to know each other. I have to say I am giving Trent a lot of credit for this. He is acting like a leader :thumbsup: showing up in Buffalo in EARLY March. Does anyone remember when he showed up last year?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some will poo-poo stuff like this, but this is what I think should have been happening. all along. If it takes a TO signing to get it started, fine.

But, anyone who thinks this kind of stuff isn't important, I think is really underestimating the on-field chemistry stuff like this builds.

Some will poo-poo stuff like this, but this is what I think should have been happening. all along. If it takes a TO signing to get it started, fine.

But, anyone who thinks this kind of stuff isn't important, I think is really underestimating the on-field chemistry stuff like this builds.

Well said Deano.

Trent was on the Shredd & Ragan Show podcast. He said he was in Buffalo & couldn't wait to get to work with TO & Lee. He also said that they would be spending time off the field together going to dinner, getting to know each other. I have to say I am giving Trent a lot of credit for this. He is acting like a leader :thumbsup: showing up in Buffalo in EARLY March. Does anyone remember when he showed up last year?

He's saying the right things and going about it the right way. I like what I'm hearing so far.

Last year, when he wanted to take an extended break some around here were suggesting he work in the off-season with his WRs. A notion many poo-pooed at the time saying he deserved his break. If this marks a change for him, I am all for it.

Last year, when he wanted to take an extended break some around here were suggesting he work in the off-season with his WRs. A notion many poo-pooed at the time saying he deserved his break. If this marks a change for him, I am all for it.

Damn right. I was one of those promoting the idea of him staying, and working. Vacation is great. I have no issue with him taking two, or three, weeks to go home and decompress after the season. But, when the team stinks, and you're a young QB, who needs work...you get back to work. IMO, of course.

I doubt he'll be seeing T.O. for a while, let alone Lee. He'll be sitting in the office with Turk and lifting weights alone for a little while still, I think.

TRENT: Terrell, do you have your passport on you?

T.O.: Why yes I do, Trent. Why do you ask?

TRENT: Lee and I are taking you to the Sundowner.

PTR

Damn right. I was one of those promoting the idea of him staying, and working. Vacation is great. I have no issue with him taking two, or three, weeks to go home and decompress after the season. But, when the team stinks, and you're a young QB, who needs work...you get back to work. IMO, of course.

Well thankfully no one has questioned Trent's work ethic. Why it was just last off season that he took his own time and money between OTAs to visit Lee Evans for a few days and run plays together. You all remember right?

Well thankfully no one has questioned Trent's work ethic. Why it was just last off season that he took his own time and money between OTAs to visit Lee Evans for a few days and run plays together. You all remember right?

Yeah. That was real productive.

I think that Trent knows the pressure is on and, in a way, his career as a starter in the NFL may be on the line. Any time that you have two #1 caliber WR's on the team the passing offense better produce. He knows that the heat will fall squarely on him if he fails to get the ball to BOTH of those guys this year. There is no excuse for a "dink and dunk" offense now. Put Reed or Parrish in the slot and alternate the guy playing the 4th WR and we should have a spread offense that strikes fear into opposing defenses. Not to mention that we could spread the field and kill the defense with draws and dive plays all day long if Trent is doing what he's supposed to be doing. Fred and Marshawn will have a field day. Either way, Trent knows what's riding on him this year and he's going to do everything within his power to prove his worth.

I also questioned why Trent was not in Buffalo for more of the time last off season. Do YOU remember when he got to Buffalo last year?

I also questioned why Trent was not in Buffalo for more of the time last off season. Do YOU remember when he got to Buffalo last year?

No. I don't keep track of those things. But I have heard repeatedly through the media and his coaches what a great work ethic he has and what a film room junkie he is. And I know that he made a trip on his own time and his own dime last offseason to throw passes to Lee Evans.

It's annoying reading these vague, unsubstantiated, and undocumented implications that his work ethic is somehow below par for a person in his position.

Do YOU know many hours he's devoted to this team compared to recent Bills' quarterbacks or the average NFL quarterback?

I'll answer that question for you. No you don't. Am I wrong here? I don't think so.

Do YOU know many hours he's devoted to this team compared to recent Bills' quarterbacks or the average NFL quarterback?

I'll answer that question for you. No you don't. Am I wrong here? I don't think so.

ha ha, your not questioning all the experts on this site are you? :thumbsup:

TRENT: Terrell, do you have your passport on you?

T.O.: Why yes I do, Trent. Why do you ask?

TRENT: Lee and I are taking you to the Sundowner.

PTR

More like...

TRENT: Hey, you guys wanna go to dinner and catch a film? I hear there's a new Dakota Fanning movie.

T.O./LEE: Wouldn't it be better to practice some pass routes?

TRENT: You guys crazy? It's too freakin' cold, and I forgot my gloves anyway - let's go eat.