The Obama rally!

TPS

Figures. Plain English is tough.

To those on the slow bus:

You quoted me about ONE thing that I SAID HE WAS DEAD WRONG ABOUT, and then accused me of blindly following him about that one thing.

You're good at this. :huh::cry:

Ok so I was wrong using the term blindly. But you must agree that you put an awful lot of faith in someone with very little experience and your hysteria toward us when we challenge some of the things he's said or done does really point to the fact that even though you may not follow him blindly you think he's a swell guy. Because when I compare that to the way I loath all politicians you just come accross as someone with blinders on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for proving my point. Each quote and link you gave is what I have been saying. The quotes of "WE ARE GOING TO BAN ALL EARMARKS" WAS ABOUT ONE BILL - THE STIMULUS BILL. In which there are no earmarks. You don't even read your own links. No wonder you keep lying. You're as good as Chef.

Jesus, the headline of the article is he bans earmarks in this bill and there are no earmarks in the bill. You do realize there are two different bills here, don't you? The one with earmarks (last year's omnibus bill) and the one without (this year's stimulus bill?

Granted, I didn't want to start talking about Obama's package but again, if you don't bother to read what you link, why bother?

Oh I don't know, you seem rather enamored with his package.

Are you going to believe Kelly or your lyin' ears.

You can't hide your lyin' ears

And your smile is a thin disguise

I thought by now you'd realize

There ain't no way to hide your lyin ears

Thanks for proving my point. Each quote and link you gave is what I have been saying. The quotes of "WE ARE GOING TO BAN ALL EARMARKS" WAS ABOUT ONE BILL - THE STIMULUS BILL. In which there are no earmarks. You don't even read your own links. No wonder you keep lying. You're as good as Chef.

Jesus, the headline of the article is he bans earmarks in this bill and there are no earmarks in the bill. You do realize there are two different bills here, don't you? The one with ear marks (last year's omnibus bill) and the one without (this year's stimulus bill?

Granted, I didn't want to start talking about Obama's package but again, if you don't bother to read what you link, why bother?

C'mon, admit it. You love to support Obama's package. :huh:

One last time. He says things that are meant in varying ways in hopes that most Americans hear what he hopes they hear. During his campaign, he continually railed against McCain on earmarks, and in their first debate said he would go "line by line" to eliminate wasteful spending...or what he calls "ear marks."

Some would argue that the stimulus bill was packed with ear marks. Here is what appears to be a nice article explaining what I have been saying repeatedly about Obama. It's a question of interpretation. You know what you heard and I know what I heard and the fact that we are so far apart in terms of what was inferred from his comments is a testament to how outstanding Obama is at the Bullwinkle magic tricks of "Nothing up my sleeve. Nothing in my hat."

It played in Chicago. It got him elected. However, people are starting to believe and discuss that he broke campaign promises. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It's all how you interpret it.

Nothing up his sleeve. Nothing in his hat. Presto Magico!

One last time. He says things that are meant in varying ways in hopes that most Americans hear what he hopes they hear. During his campaign, he continually railed against McCain on earmarks, and in their first debate said he would go "line by line" to eliminate wasteful spending...or what he calls "ear marks."

:huh::cry::lol: McCain was the one saying all earmarks are bad and that we need to eliminate them. That's his claim to fame.

The quote in question was taken from the "media availability" day for his transition team on January 6. Well after the campaign and the election and just before the inauguration. He was talking about reform and that it has to start with his upcoming economic recovery plan. The stimulus bill. The entire quote is:

But we're not going to be able to expect the American people to support this critical effort unless we take extraordinary steps to ensure that the investments are made wisely and managed well. And that's why my recovery and reinvestment plan will have - will set a new higher standard of accountability, transparency, and oversight.

We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review. We will create an economic recovery oversight board made up of key administration officials and independent advisers to identify problems early and make sure we're doing all that we can to solve it. We will put information about where money is being spent online so that the American people know exactly where their precious tax dollars are going and whether we are hitting our marks.

Ok so I was wrong using the term blindly. But you must agree that you put an awful lot of faith in someone with very little experience and your hysteria toward us when we challenge some of the things he's said or done does really point to the fact that even though you may not follow him blindly you think he's a swell guy. Because when I compare that to the way I loath all politicians you just come accross as someone with blinders on.

I have no problem saying that I have an awful lot of faith in Obama. I do think he's a swell guy. I don't at all think he is the savior, always right or forthright, always honest. He's a politician and a damn good one. I think he has made dozens of small and big mistakes already but I expected him to. He's been put in an almost untenable position with dozens of major problems on his shoulders from before day one. He's added to some of them by some of his mistakes.

But there are a lot of things about him that I really, really like, and I think he's going to ultimately be a great President. I could be wrong. If he fails big, he will become one of the absolute worst.

I really like the fact he is tackling all this stuff at once and seeing it as a big picture. As short, mid and long term. I really like that he is finally trying to transform the energy policy, the health care system and education. I understand that a lot of people don't want that and that's fine. I think those things are important and necessary.

I really like that he listens. I have seen numerous people who didn't like him or trust him at first, like generals in the army (including General Patreus) and conservative columnists and conservative politicians say the exact same thing: He listens and, more importantly, he's extremely curious and he asks the right questions.

I really like that he never lets anyone in a major meeting not talk. If they just sit there he asks them what they think and makes them give their two cents.

I really like that he often brings history into his speeches and talks. I don't give a sh-- that he's being professorial, I think it's great and that people should know this stuff and the context.

I really like that he likes to surround himself with people he thinks are smarter than him about all these issues and doesn't have a big ego about it even though he has an enormous ego. That's great stuff to have in a leader.

Those are just a few things. I know a lot of people don't like intellectual types. That's fine. It's their right. I do.

Time will tell.

I have no problem saying that I have an awful lot of faith in Obama. I do think he's a swell guy. I don't at all think he is the savior, always right or forthright, always honest. He's a politician and a damn good one. I think he has made dozens of small and big mistakes already but I expected him to. He's been put in an almost untenable position with dozens of major problems on his shoulders from before day one. He's added to some of them by some of his mistakes.

But there are a lot of things about him that I really, really like, and I think he's going to ultimately be a great President. I could be wrong. If he fails big, he will become one of the absolute worst.

I really like the fact he is tackling all this stuff at once and seeing it as a big picture. As short, mid and long term. I really like that he is finally trying to transform the energy policy, the health care system and education. I understand that a lot of people don't want that and that's fine. I think those things are important and necessary.

I really like that he listens. I have seen numerous people who didn't like him or trust him at first, like generals in the army (including General Patreus) and conservative columnists and conservative politicians say the exact same thing: He listens and, more importantly, he's extremely curious and he asks the right questions.

I really like that he never lets anyone in a major meeting not talk. If they just sit there he asks them what they think and makes them give their two cents.

I really like that he often brings history into his speeches and talks. I don't give a sh-- that he's being professorial, I think it's great and that people should know this stuff and the context.

I really like that he likes to surround himself with people he thinks are smarter than him about all these issues and doesn't have a big ego about it even though he has an enormous ego. That's great stuff to have in a leader.

Those are just a few things. I know a lot of people don't like intellectual types. That's fine. It's their right. I do.

Time will tell.

I'm obviously a lot more cynical than you are. Especially with regard to someone who rose up from the Chicago political machine as quickly as he has. That's just scary shiit right there. I'm just not sure what devil he made a pact with because swell guys usually don't come out alive from there.

Time will tell.

You missed a bit of splooge on the corner of your mouth when you cleaned up.

• 2 weeks later...