The Obama rally!

TPS

Ok then oh wise one, what/who is casing this rally?

It went screeching down a month ago because when Geithner first mentioned the plan, it was just skeletal, and no one knew exactly what it was. It's not as though they didn't like the idea or they didn't like Geithner. Now that he has filled in a lot more details, and they convinced people that those who participate will not be under the same restrictions as the bailout recipients, investors seem to have liked it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It went screeching down a month ago because when Geithner first mentioned the plan, it was just skeletal, and no one knew exactly what it was. It's not as though they didn't like the idea or they didn't like Geithner. Now that he has filled in a lot more details, and they convinced people that those who participate will not be under the same restrictions as the bailout recipients, investors seem to have liked it.

With the ultimate irony being that the firms who are being asked to participate are exactly the ones who received the bailout cash on a dollar for dollar basis. Nice job, Congress.

Ummm, I knew that answer. I was just asking our friend conner what his well informed take on this was.

Paul's First Letter to the Thessalonians, of course. Frickin' duh. :thumbdown:

You know... when I was doing some research I found out there is some strong speculation and logic that says he didn't even write Thessalonians. The theory has a good amount of data to back it up and says that it was a forgery with his name on it. Because putting Pauls name on something meant instant legitimacy back then.

Well we may just be in the early stages of an Obama rally. Who knows at this point. But I want to point out the difference between how the Obama administration and Bush administration handled these deep recessions. First let's look at the Bush administration. Let's take out the money spent on the war in Iraq because I don't agree with it and it wasn't done to help the economy. What the Bush administration did is increase the incentive to invest in the markets. They lowered taxes on cap gains, as well as the taxes on dividends (the biggest contributor in my mind). They lowered tax rates which reduced the taxes on income from bond investments. They increased the limits on IRA and 401k investments. These all stimulated the investment in the markets through incentives which helped tremendously. What does the Obama administration do? Print trillions of dollars and just throw boat loads of money at the problem. They've created no incentive to invest, as a matter of fact by threatening to increase taxes they're reducing the incentive. But has throwing trillions of dollars at the problem helped? Can't say yet but the markets have seemed to enjoy it, but it's a short term fix. It's like he's baking a cake but putting it into a 500 degree oven. It's going to explode down the road in the form of massive inflation. But throwing money at a problem has always been the Dems M.O. but this ones going to come back and bite us in the butt big time!

They've created no incentive to invest, as a matter of fact by threatening to increase taxes they're reducing the incentive.

If you listened to his press conference the other night, he kept telling people that what he is doing is an investment. Consequently, the difference here is that Obama wants to be in charge of your investments. He has said repeatedly the ONLY way out of this mess is through the government. While this may sound, admittedly, conspiratorial, take a look at what is happening: the push is on for the government to be able to take over anything that threatens the economy. Right now Geitner is telling the world "this must happen." They have the car-makers, insurers, banks, gun makers, media, health care etc. by the short and curlies. They're making EVERYONE dependent on the government. Everyone. Because they completely believe that only the government can fix things.

Here's the problem; while the US government is working toward having this country's citizens by the short and curlies, China has our government by the short and curlies.

When CHINA is telling you to slow down, you know you're out of control. By the time China buys up all this debt, how much leverage do you think the US will have with them?