"Surprise" of the year...

I agree. The decision NOT to marry was probably in the best interest of the child. With the whole world watching what's going on with a couple of kids, it was probably not the easiest decision.

Was probably made a hell of a lot easier by the election result.

This entire thing with the Palins has been a train wreck in trailer park. Repubs have become the party of 'Proud To Be Stupid,' who cannot speak in intelligible sentences. They really need someone who can wrest control and bring us back to intelligent discourse.

They should get married for the children. When he gets tired of the womans bitching, he should beat her up and choke her until she passes out. That's the Hollywood way.

Or he could just follow the conservative way and not bother with the woman by using a wide stance in bathrooms or chasing after pages at work.

Repubs have become the party of 'Proud To Be Stupid,' who cannot speak in intelligible sentences.

FACT: Barack Obama STILL doesn't open his mouth without his teleprompter.

They really need someone who can wrest control and bring us back to intelligent discourse.

FACT: Republican women and their daughters are HOT! You want discourse? You're a LOSER!

Or he could just follow the conservative way and not bother with the woman by using a wide stance in bathrooms or chasing after pages at work.

First you attacked black people during the primary. Are you coming after gays now?

Seriously, do you like anyone who isn't a white hetrosexual liberal?

But is America ready for a Chief Executive who's eldest child is a baby momma? Hmmm...

What the f does one have to do with the other? I understand that parents are responsible for setting values but tell me that there are not many kids out there that feel compelled to test those values. Cut everyone here a break as the situation is not that uncommon. What would be a crime is if the family abandoned the daughter and her child in this critical time of need.

What the f does one have to do with the other? I understand that parents are responsible for setting values but tell me that there are not many kids out there that feel compelled to test those values. Cut everyone here a break as the situation is not that uncommon. What would be a crime is if the family abandoned the daughter and her child in this critical time of need.

I don't disagree. I just think it's the ultimate irony that the self-proclaimed party of "family values" would have as one of its "leaders" the grandmother of a - gasp - illegitmate child! That means that the GOP platform of abstinence, marriage, bla bla bla...maybe is kinda ... hypocritical? Maybe they should focus on other stuff and stop throwing stones?

And maybe they should realize that just as it happens to teenagers of well-off parents, it happens to teenagers of not-so-well-off parents? So that when the GOP seeks to cut programs that currently benefit those children, such as school lunch, Head Start, etc etc etc...

And by the way I don't think this was a case of "testing parental values". It was just a couple of stupid kids who, both arrogantly and ignorantly, decided it couldn't happen to them, and it did.