Vic Carucci on DJ and TO

Dick is in no position to quibble.

PTR

True

I just wonder what will happen when DJ blows another challenge or screws up time management at the end of a half or makes another bone headed game decision that costs the team points and TO goes freakin' bonkers on the sideline in full view of the cameras.

Picture that post-game PC and DJ with his vacant visage and happy bromides "It's hard to win in this league..." and compare that with TO ranting in the locker room.

This could get really ugly.

Every team TO has been on the organization paraded the Coach and TO to the media. At each stop it turned out bad althought Dallas is debatable.

Having Jauron up at the podium and having to answer the obvious question with Terrell standing next to him is a uncomfortable situation. The Bills played it right if you ask me. It was more about how Terrell is going to help the Bills rather than how he is a risk to the sanity of the team.

Everyone thinks TO is a selfish player. I somewhat disagree. He is selfish like most offensive playmakes but not to the extent everyone thinks. TO has been the top WR for 5-8 years. At every team he has been on he has been the offensive weapon. Even at the last few years in San Fran. Jerry Rice was getting older and TO eventually became the #1 guy with Rice still on the team. He did very well in PHilly and over hte last 3 years in Dallas he has had the most TD's out of every WR in the league. Nobody can deny that TO is an awesome football player. He is 35 and people say his skill is declining. He had a down year last year if you count 10 TD's a down year. Plus people need to remember he had Brad Johnson throwing to him for 4 games.

TO's problem is that he knows he is good. He feels that with the Ball in his hands the team stands a good shot at winning. Alot of people will probably agree with that. IF TO is open it's usually for a good gain. If the QB misses a open TO and checks down or throws to a TE for minimal yardage the QB has issues. Trent said today that he wants a WR to walk up and tell him he was open. He said that if a WR doesn't do that than they are in the wrong business. I think this is a great attitude to have and if TO understands how receptive Trent is to him they probably won't have many issues.

TO just needs to understand that Lee Evans is on the other side and can make big plays for the offense. TO to my knowledge never had issues playing with other WR's. He had Rice, Glenn, etc....

Every team TO has been on the organization paraded the Coach and TO to the media. At each stop it turned out bad althought Dallas is debatable.

Having Jauron up at the podium and having to answer the obvious question with Terrell standing next to him is a uncomfortable situation. The Bills played it right if you ask me. It was more about how Terrell is going to help the Bills rather than how he is a risk to the sanity of the team.

Everyone thinks TO is a selfish player. I somewhat disagree. He is selfish like most offensive playmakes but not to the extent everyone thinks. TO has been the top WR for 5-8 years. At every team he has been on he has been the offensive weapon. Even at the last few years in San Fran. Jerry Rice was getting older and TO eventually became the #1 guy with Rice still on the team. He did very well in PHilly and over hte last 3 years in Dallas he has had the most TD's out of every WR in the league. Nobody can deny that TO is an awesome football player. He is 35 and people say his skill is declining. He had a down year last year if you count 10 TD's a down year. Plus people need to remember he had Brad Johnson throwing to him for 4 games.

TO's problem is that he knows he is good. He feels that with the Ball in his hands the team stands a good shot at winning. Alot of people will probably agree with that. IF TO is open it's usually for a good gain. If the QB misses a open TO and checks down or throws to a TE for minimal yardage the QB has issues. Trent said today that he wants a WR to walk up and tell him he was open. He said that if a WR doesn't do that than they are in the wrong business. I think this is a great attitude to have and if TO understands how receptive Trent is to him they probably won't have many issues.

TO just needs to understand that Lee Evans is on the other side and can make big plays for the offense. TO to my knowledge never had issues playing with other WR's. He had Rice, Glenn, etc....

I'm very much on board with this move, but let's not sugarcoat things. He's not only extremely selfish, he displays all the symptoms of clinical narcissism.

True

I just wonder what will happen when DJ blows another challenge or screws up time management at the end of a half or makes another bone headed game decision that costs the team points and TO goes freakin' bonkers on the sideline in full view of the cameras.

Picture that post-game PC and DJ with his vacant visage and happy bromides "It's hard to win in this league..." and compare that with TO ranting in the locker room.

Ugly? It will be a laugh riot! Especially if it winds up on T.O.'s reality show on VH1. Heck, if anything the Bills needs someone to light a fire under them Maybe T.O. can be that guy. They ain't listening to Dick.

PTR

Jauron has been next to invisible ever since the end of the season, coming out of hiding only for his requisite appearance at the combine. So I'm not exactly stunned that he's back in the witness protection program ...

Personally, if DJ and TS continue where they left off last year and still make boneheaded move after boneheaded move, I will be glad to see someone, anyone, blowing up in their faces on the sidelines. I want it to get ugly.

I couldn't take any more of it last year. I wanted to be the one on the sidelines yapping in their faces. If TO can do that for me, pay the guy.

Jauron and Schonert have been given another weapon to utilize. A legit star player. They should be saying thanks because they're being given a chance to save their jobs.

I dont know what it is, but lately you have become a poster I highly enjoy! And im being serious!

Its been said may times (here and elsewhere), but TO's playing for his last contract (next year). He's smart enough to play Boy Scout in the backwoods for the 2009 season...

Jauron has been next to invisible ever since the end of the season, coming out of hiding only for his requisite appearance at the combine. So I'm not exactly stunned that he's back in the witness protection program ...

To be fair, isn't that just SOP? Why make headlines in the off season, other than to feed the marketing beast...

True

What's going to happen?

TO will say what all of us at home are screaming at the TV.

To be fair, isn't that just SOP? Why make headlines in the off season, other than to feed the marketing beast...

One would have thought there'd be an appearance when the contract extension was announced, or the end-of-season wrapup done by just about every other Bills coach I can think of.

Then again, after hearing what his pressers are like (:Pzzzzz) from a couple of the beat guys, perhaps they see this as addition by subtraction ...

DJ and TO met, for some time, it seems, before the deal was struck. The team made that very clear, in their discussions with the press, too. The way I see it, they used DJ to help get TO, and DJ was a willing participant, in the matter.

What else do you really need to know, in this situation?