Just how bad is Buffalo nightlife?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I got my answer here. So what you are all saying is that Buffalo is full of bars but not a single night club? There is not one single place anywhere in the city that has club-style dj;s and dancing? No place that even attempts to resemble a NYC or Toronto night spot? If true that's pretty sad.

PTR

Buffalo is a great bar town; terrible "club" town. If these guys are looking for drinking districts with great watering holes than Buffalo is the best there is, but if they want the big cover VIP club scene, replete with top dollar women, stretch limos, "bling-bling", and A-list celebrities Buffalo ain't got nuthin' for 'em.

...and good riddance to 'em.

Alas...too bad it's not the mid-80's 'cause then TO could have hung with Rick James and Eddie Murphy at the 2001 VIP Club.

I was there too...but I would have been too busy dancing to Duran Duran to take notice of him being there. :D

I'm not sure I got my answer here. So what you are all saying is that Buffalo is full of bars but not a single night club? There is not one single place anywhere in the city that has club-style dj;s and dancing? No place that even attempts to resemble a NYC or Toronto night spot? If true that's pretty sad.

PTR

Some might say that Level (on Chippewa) is kinda-sorta a club. There's a DJ, dance floors, lounge areas, etc...but it's nothing special. There might some other similar type places...but I don't know of them.

He is WAY to big to go out in Buffalo. People go nuts when they see a backup lineman at Wegmans and TO is gonna be able to go to SOHO? He should get in a limo and head to Toronto. Toronto has the third largest crowd in North America going out on the weekends and it is less than a two hour drive away. I was there this weekend and the nightclubs and bars are amazing. Loaded with beautiful women of all types!

Buffalo nightlife is fine. He won't have a problem, IMHO.

But what about during camp? Rochester really doesn't have much nightlife.

IMO, I think T.O. will enjoy being in Rochester (Specifially Pittsford) during training camp. T.O. is more than welcome to come hang out with me and my buddies at The Pittsford Pub. I just hope while hes there he doesnt pull a Hargrave and roid out and punch a cop in the face. We should just be thankful camp isn't in Fredonia anymore, then he'd really be disappointed with the nightlife.

Chippewa, as noted before, isnt any longer than maybe half a mile. Theres nothing downtown except for a bunch of D-Bags that hang out down there. Personally, I don't care if T.O. has bars to go out to or not, I just want him to put some points on the board.

Last year Marshawn actually brought some girl out to J.P. Bullfeathers on Elmwood. Unfortunetly, the bouncer wouldn't stop riding his di<k so marshawn left after about 5 minutes. He then re-entered the bar, which got kids excited again, only to grab his credit card he forgot, and then left again. Needless to say, that bouncer was fired the following day. If T.O. really needs a martini that bad id suggest he goes to Applebees, I heard they have great decor and ambiance.

Buffalo does not offer the same nightlife that other big cities have. As a place for young rich superstars to party and be seen, it is as dead as can be. Who cares? These superstars are capable of doing anything they want, almost whenever they want. I wouldn't worry about it. This would be a much smaller issue if that a$$clown McGahee didn't feel the need to take a shot. Besides superstars have been known to fall in love with small markets in the past. Go to South Beach in the offseason. :D

If I'm the owner of a $1,000,000,000 franchise, I build a freakin' nightclub to keep my players happy. Geez, these people have no vision sometimes.

Much of what falls under the definition of "night life" consists of getting drunk, imbibing drugs, being an offensive, strutting wise guy, ridiculing others with less cash in the wallet, or not so pretty in the face or body, and always hoping to copulate somehow.

I can't see how Buffalo's night life fails there...

It's not like players are out and about seeking classical music or jazz played by eclectic quartets, late-night poetry readings, lectures by notable writers, or new-and-coming art presentations.. .

:D

Just send T.O. to Oliver Street in North Tonawanda with a roll or two of quarters, pack of parliaments, and a flask of jim beam and he'll be partying all night long. Might even end up with a not-so-high class working girl. :oops:

I can vouch. NT girls are easy.

Class of '74 :D

PTR

its true.

the upside though is that i kind of expect a 35 year old TO to have less of an issue with it than a 21 year old McGahee.

Im sure TO likes to go out and party and see and be seen, but something tells me he knows what he is getting in Buffalo, and finding spots to party in during the season is not a priority.