I Despise Hillary, But I Hate Actors More

You forgot Leslie Neilsen, Lorne Greene, Michael J. Fox, almost everybody that was on SCTV, William Shatner (I remember him doing Loblaws commercials on Toronto TV after Star Trek: TOS).

I know. I was too.

I can't remember who, but I think it was James Woods, who said when asked his opinion on some political topic (this is paraphrased):

"Why do you want my opinion, or any other actor's? We're only good at memorizing and repeating words that other people wrote. Most of us are dumb as a box of rocks."

He was himself. It was between TOS, and Star Trek I /TJ Hooker. Lean times for Denny Craine. That was when the syndication was starting to make TOS popular. Hard to believe he is like 77 or 78.

I know. I was too.

I can't remember who, but I think it was James Woods, who said when asked his opinion on some political topic (this is paraphrased):

"Why do you want my opinion, or any other actor's? We're only good at memorizing and repeating words that other people wrote. Most of us are dumb as a box of rocks."

Ironically, James Woods is one of the smartest actors in Hollywood, from what I've heard. Supposedly legitimate MENSA material.

Richard Gere has principles and stands by them, no matter how unpopular. I may not always agree with him but I respect the fact that he's true to his principles while being tolerant of others and theirs.

Like 3 months after 9-11 when he stood in front of thousands of NYPD, FDNY, and survivors and preached pacifism against the attackers.

Like 3 months after 9-11 when he stood in front of thousands of NYPD, FDNY, and survivors and preached pacifism against the attackers.

He's a buddhist, why wouldn't he? It's a noble message even if you disagree with it...is it so wrong to have a calm voice among so many other revenge-oriented voices?

It takes courage to do something like that. Whether we agree with him or not, he stuck to his principles.

It would have been far, far easier and certainly understandable to scream for blood.

It takes courage to do something like that. Whether we agree with him or not, he stuck to his principles.

Unless of course it's Bush or some other "wingnut" who sticks up to his principles then he's just a......I'm sorry, what do you call them again?

Oh the hypocrite hit parade just never stops.

Unless of course it's Bush or some other "wingnut" who sticks up to his principles then he's just a......I'm sorry, what do you call them again?

Ooooh, it's a hard-hit ball headed for the far-left-field fence. It's going, going...

Reminds me of a story. I was working at Nicky Blair's on Sunset when Clint was running for mayor of Carmel. Nicky had a bet with him that he'd buy Clint dinner if he won. Well when he did win he came in one night right as the restaurant was about to open. A freaked out waiter came in the kitchen yelling "where's Nicky, where's Nicky?" I asked why. "Well Clint Eastwood's out front looking for him saying "tell Nicky I'm here to collect."

The story is much better in person when I use my don't !@#$ with me Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry voice.

I got a good one like that.......

Friend of a friend worked the counter at a Golds Gym down here a while ago. Pro Wrestlers would be in an out all the time becuase it was close to the Nassau Coliseum. One day, a very calm "Dwayne Johnson from the WWE" called up and asked for directions from the Nassau Marriot. This guy provides them. Well, about thirty minutes later, Not a "calm Dwayne Johnson" but a very pissed off "The Rock" calls back. Saying how he is now lost on the Parkway and saying how when he gets to the gym, hes going to "Lay the Smackdown on this guy how gave him these monkey ass directions and kick his Jabroni ass, on and on."

The guy went home "sick/scared shitless" for the rest of the day.

I got a good one like that.......

Friend of a friend worked the counter at a Golds Gym down here a while ago. Pro Wrestlers would be in an out all the time becuase it was close to the Nassau Coliseum. One day, a very calm "Dwayne Johnson from the WWE" called up and asked for directions from the Nassau Marriot. This guy provides them. Well, about thirty minutes later, Not a "calm Dwayne Johnson" but a very pissed off "The Rock" calls back. Saying how he is now lost on the Parkway and saying how when he gets to the gym, hes going to "Lay the Smackdown on this guy how gave him these monkey ass directions and kick his Jabroni ass, on and on."

The guy went home "sick/scared shitless" for the rest of the day.

The guy couldn't "Smell what The Rock is Cooking" because all he could smell was the crap in his pants! :P:lol:

There you go again, bringing Bush into these conversations. I don't know why everything has to be a Bush Bad conversation. But, there is it.

And you are the drum major for the parade.

Hey, Mike Myers and Jim Carrey are as fine as thespians get. Did you see The Love Guru or Me, Myself and Irene? They're Canadians you know, and I think from Canada.

Well I think you proved my point about "extra dumb", but you didn't make yourself look any smarter. Myers and Carrey are both dudes so your assertion is impossible. Plus, if you think they are "fine" please keep that to yourself.

There you go again, bringing Bush into these conversations. I don't know why everything has to be a Bush Bad conversation. But, there is it.

And you are the drum major for the parade.

Hey there Mrs. Hypocrite. I'm sorry but with your sig line you bring him into every conversation you enter. And I was only bringing Bush into it to show how big a hypocrite you are. You're hilarious!