The rest of our offseason moves dont need to be as dramatic

- Sign Cato June....it is a "makes sense" signing for a LB who can only play in the tampa two

- Sign either Kendall Simmons or Mike Goff we need a linemen who can start from day one at LG

We can fill our other needs in the draft

These two additions would be pretty dramatic in my opinion but I agree we need two more signings (O-Line and at LB).

But, you need to realize that the TO deal is a one year fling. This means, the only way it really makes sense is to push HARD to go the extra step this year. I feel this means borrowing from the future. There are two ways to do this:

1.) make a significant trade of future picks to get a needed piece this year (such as scheffler form Denver)

or

2.) use the 1st round pick this year for NOW instead of the future. A now pick would be Pettigrew rather than at DE. DE is a major need and will pay off in the long run but who, then, plays TE this year???

These two additions would be pretty dramatic in my opinion but I agree we need two more signings (O-Line and at LB).

But, you need to realize that the TO deal is a one year fling. This means, the only way it really makes sense is to push HARD to go the extra step this year. I feel this means borrowing from the future. There are two ways to do this:

1.) make a significant trade of future picks to get a needed piece this year (such as scheffler form Denver)

or

2.) use the 1st round pick this year for NOW instead of the future. A now pick would be Pettigrew rather than at DE. DE is a major need and will pay off in the long run but who, then, plays TE this year???

I agree completely!

This year is an important year for many people, and now seems like a logical year to make a stronger push than normal.

A trade for Scheffler would seem like a good move. If we didn't go this route, a pick in Pettigrew would make an immediate impact. I believe this player is as NFL ready as anyone in the draft. He is physical, big and would be an imposing blocker, who has the quickness , big target and hands to be a good safety valve immediately.

But, you need to realize that the TO deal is a one year fling. This means, the only way it really makes sense is to push HARD to go the extra step this year.

A VERY interesting point. What the FO does from here on out will tell alot whether the TO move was marketing-driven or results-driven.

I agree completely!

This year is an important year for many people, and now seems like a logical year to make a stronger push than normal.

A trade for Scheffler would seem like a good move. If we didn't go this route, a pick in Pettigrew would make an immediate impact. I believe this player is as NFL ready as anyone in the draft. He is physical, big and would be an imposing blocker, who has the quickness , big target and hands to be a good safety valve immediately.

We dont need a te anymore Owens is gonna catch all the balls that would have been thrown to them....j/k Scheffler and a starting guard on paper should give us an explosive offense.....get r done Russ!

- Sign Cato June....it is a "makes sense" signing for a LB who can only play in the tampa two

- Sign either Kendall Simmons or Mike Goff we need a linemen who can start from day one at LG

great assessment. My feeling EXACTLY.

or

If that's the case. the only thing to do is trade down.

Who is out there who can do this? Jason Taylor?

He's one option. I'd consider giving two 1st round picks for Peppers. Maybe Buffalo becomes more attractive to him with Owens. I disagree with the original premise of this thread. I think getting Owens ups the ante for another dramatic move on the defensive side.

He's one option. I'd consider giving two 1st round picks for Peppers. Maybe Buffalo becomes more attractive to him with Owens. I disagree with the original premise of this thread. I think getting Owens ups the ante for another dramatic move on the defensive side.

We actually agree since my focus on the offensive side did not consider your Peppers option. Now THAT would be Ball-sie (sorry ladies).

In my original reply to this thread I stated that the mentioned moves WERE dramatic and that more were needed since the TO signing means a "win now" strategy applies - which is what you stated too essentially.

Hopefully, the front office realizes they have committed themselves.

I would love these signings. If anything grab at least one of them. For once it seems as though the Bills are filling holes.