now they NEED to get a veteran QB!!!

jamadd

With their WIN NOW investment in T.O., the Ryan Fitzpatrick idea has lost whatever lustre it may have had. If Trent goes down, they need a proven vet who has a few 4th quarter comebacks on his belt. You think DJ could get TO and Garcia to kiss and make up?

With their WIN NOW investment in T.O., the Ryan Fitzpatrick idea has lost whatever lustre it may have had. If Trent goes down, they need a proven vet who has a few 4th quarter comebacks on his belt. You think DJ could get TO and Garcia to kiss and make up?

TO told everybody Garcia was gay...two guys generally don't make up after that.

This is a terrible, terrible idea. The reason TO is a small risk right now is because there is no one behind Edwards who is a legitimate threat. Add a Garcia (not likely for the reasons mentioned above), a Leftwich, or any other QB who thinks they could be starting, and you're asking for locker room problems.

And our "investment" in TO is $ 1 million more than we're paying Chris Kelsay (if you included the pro-rated portion of his signing bonus) to stand around and look sluggish this year.

You're right.

A player with enduring luster leads a team to a SB win. One that loses it in February or March has no chance whatsoever.

I agree with that's why you wouldn't bring in a Leftwich or a Garcia. But what about a guy who wouldn't challenge Trent to start like Patrick Ramsey or Charlie Batch? Someone who would win a few games if/when Trent gets injured. A Damon Huard or a Trent Green might fit the mold, too. I'm worried that Trent will get injured for a few games and Fitzpatrick won't be able to fill in causing TO to spiral downward, and all this talent and hope and goodwill will go for naught...

There's hardly any investment in TO - that's the beauty of this deal. 1 year only 6.5 million. No cap hit if we have to get his a$$ out of here in a hurry, less money than Coles. It's the hockey concept of the rental player in the NFL.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the Fitzpatrick signing now. I personally thought it was a mistake when it happened and I still do. Edwards is going to miss a few games, it is inevitable and has happened since college. It would have been a much safer bet to have an established veteran come in for a few games instead of, as Rotoworld put it, the Noodle armed QB we signed. It is done now so no other QBs will be coming in, the 3 are set with Trent, Noodle Arm and Hamden.

First of all, signing Fitzpatrick never had any luster to begin with. I'll be somewhat surprised if Hamdan doesn't start the season as the #2 QB.

Secondly, bringing in a litany of aging, big name, big price FAs has never been the way to build a franchise and make the Superbowl. It hasn't worked for Washington or Dallas. It didn't work for the Jets last year. So, stop the insanity.

And C, despite the buzz over TO, we still need offensive and defensive line help if we want to do anything next year. Period. Although serious help at the LB position is a very close 3rd, if not second on the list.

And just for good measure, a new coaching staff wouldn't be such a bad idea either. But, I digress now.

I love that now the media has turned this......like no one in his life ever thought Garcia might be gay. He's the QB version of Stuart Smalley.

He'll never have a bigger upset than marrying that girl from Playboy.

I think that it's pretty irrelevant whether Garcia actually was gay. TO called out his teammate (and his QB.) That is a :lol: move, any way you slice it. The fact that Garcia then married a playmate just makes TO look like a bigger :lol: . But I still hope he makes the pro bowl this year.

Of all the questions, of all the posts, YOU joined TBD to ask THAT QUESTION?

:lol:

Sure. Let's absolutely make sure there will be a QB controversy in 2009. The regular season is too boring.

PTR

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the Fitzpatrick signing now. I personally thought it was a mistake when it happened and I still do. Edwards is going to miss a few games, it is inevitable and has happened since college. It would have been a much safer bet to have an established veteran come in for a few games instead of, as Rotoworld put it, the Noodle armed QB we signed. It is done now so no other QBs will be coming in, the 3 are set with Trent, Noodle Arm and Hamden.

Why is Hamdan a shoe-in? What does the FO see in this guy to keep him around?