I just have to say this - SORRY

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, many of these frequent "passionate" slams on our team come from assumptions that fans make that are simply unfounded. Mind you, I agree that opinions are everyone's right to express. It just seems that having an opinion that can be proven makes more sense. Some examples of these unfounded passions:

- The GM is somehow not trying to do everything in his power to make the team better and lets EGO get in the way of decisions.

- You know more than ___________ (insert coach/staff member here) about the game or who should be ____________ (starting/fired/cut)

- ___________ (insert player's name) sucks! ......... (followed by zero examples of what qualifies as sucking and/or game examples of said suckiness)

These are just a few of many typical rants. Now I understand that there are also plenty of complaints that can be debated fairly from both angles, but these atleast personally are the ones that "get me going" as a Bills fan anyway.

I read alot of posts that proclaim DB sucks, TD has killed the team, etc. They are generally followed up with pithy remarks about what he SHOULD do is blah blah blah...

And that's all fine and dandy, we all have our opinions. But here's the deal: It is what it is. The reality is that come this Sunday, DB's the best QB on the roster, and TD (the team's President) ain't going nowhere. So instead of wasting time with all of that crap, why not look at the game, look at the plays, and talk actual football?

It's to the point now where you know exactly who the poster is going to rip by looking at their name, not their post. It's boring.

So ann you are saying it's OK to do that as long as it is Cindy? I mean according to her she can say if you are a Bills fan or not. According to this very thread she is trying to tell people how and what to do. No difference in my book, just a different poster doing the same thing.

ICE, I was just agreeing with NG about being "told how to feel." Doesn't matter WHO is saying WHAT, everyone (yes, you too :D ) is entitled to be a fan in the manner that suits them best. It just so easily falls into a name calling contest these days and that's the part I hate. To be honest, I took some offense at some of the things you posted yesterday. Just because I was happy the Bills beat a crappy team doesn't make me a "pathetic" fan. But I didn't turn around and call you anything PERSONALLY because that's not what I do. I guess if I had commented yesterday instead of caring if I get called names or not, I would have just asked you to please not paint the fans who think such as myself with such a broad brush.

I read alot of posts that proclaim DB sucks, TD has killed the team, etc.  They are generally followed up with pithy remarks about what he SHOULD do is blah blah blah...

And that's all fine and dandy, we all have our opinions.  But here's the deal: It is what it is.  The reality is that come this Sunday, DB's the best QB on the roster, and TD (the team's President) ain't going nowhere.  So instead of wasting time with all of that crap, why not look at the game, look at the plays, and talk actual football? 

It's to the point now where you know exactly who the poster is going to rip by looking at their name, not their post.  It's boring.

96928[/snapback]

Agreed Campy! It's fun when you can take the "politics" out of it and just talk about the game itself. It's always exciting to find such posts, rare as they may be. My problem is allowing myself to get caught up in the back and forth BS and then adding to the crap that is already out there. :D

The real problem is most fans on this board have never actually played the game and are therfore very marginal in their knowledge. Girls especially subscribe to "Go Go Buffalo,Bills All the Way" not understanding the psycological intricacies that go into every game. The Nintendo faction just wants immediate gratification and usually rants in a two year old mentality blaming "dad" (Tom Donohoe). The rest of us realize that on any given Sunday the teams are equal in talent and it becomes a chess game. Coaching ,fukey bounces and subconcious "just give it to em".(refs usually for the home team or the team with the best record.) I thought the Bills would be much better than this early but signs are beginning to appear they may yet suprise us.

The real problem is most fans on this board have never actually played the game and are therfore very marginal in their knowledge.  Girls especially subscribe to "Go Go Buffalo,Bills All the Way" not understanding the psycological intricacies that go into every game.  The Nintendo faction just wants immediate gratification and usually rants in a two year old mentality blaming "dad" (Tom Donohoe). 
Some of the ladies deserve more credit than you're giving them. Also, I learned much more about the chess match that is football long after I took my last snap.

The rest of us realize that on any given Sunday the teams are equal in talent and it becomes a chess game.  ... <-SNIP-> ... I thought the Bills would be much better than this early but signs are beginning to appear they may yet suprise us.

97109[/snapback]

I agree with that.

Oh, Dan.  You can do so much better.  Maybe your mind is preoccupied with the elections today.

96584[/snapback]

Sorry, the Wall is pulling me down with it.... :D Maybe I need some time in the sarcasm thread.

The real problem is most fans on this board have never actually played the game and are therfore very marginal in their knowledge.  Girls especially subscribe to "Go Go Buffalo,Bills All the Way" not understanding the psycological intricacies that go into every game.  The Nintendo faction just wants immediate gratification and usually rants in a two year old mentality blaming "dad" (Tom Donohoe).  The rest of us realize that on any given Sunday the teams are equal in talent and it becomes a chess game. Coaching ,fukey bounces and subconcious "just give it to em".(refs usually for the home team or the team with the best record.)  I thought the Bills would be much better than this early but signs are beginning to appear they may yet suprise us.

97109[/snapback]

OH man, excuse me. When I could not get the answers I wanted I took college courses given by the Bills. Football 101 and Women understanding football. Just another lump the "GIRLS" in a group. In my day the girls never learned football in school because it was a boys sport. Things have changed. Phil Hansen taught us Bruce Smiths SWIM move. Then Lori is the most remarkable stat person on the board in my opinion(of course) her mind is like a trap for football. SO the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses and the nickel dime packages might not be taught by men to their wives or girlfriends but there are ways to learn and be taught. OH and we did play a quarter of football not the weekly game you boys did but then look at basketball, volleyball and scoccer

The real problem is most fans on this board have never actually played the game and are therfore very marginal in their knowledge.  Girls especially subscribe to "Go Go Buffalo,Bills All the Way" not understanding the psychological intricacies that go into every game. 

97109[/snapback]

I know several women who have forgotten more football than I'll ever know. :D