A TBD request for an ESPN.com post

Ask and ye shall receive.

I'm really not sure what to make of this signing, but I think Dean summed it up best in the pinned thread. IMO, at least.

Definitely gonna make things interesting for a change.

I umm...I...umm...a..agr..agree...De...Dea...Deano...um...said...um...some...somet

h...something...ki...kiinn...kinda...smart for once. :thumbdown:

Done Tim.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get past the Bills' 0-6 record against the AFC East. There isn't much difference between 1st and 3rd, but I think there's a big gap between 2nd and 4th.

To me, without a decent QB, there is no way the Jets are better than 8-8. IMO, Thomas Jones and Leon Washington were a lot better because of Favre, regardless of how bad Favre played at times. Their offense, despite a decent OL, is going to suck with Kellen Clemens. They may sign a stopgap QB but I'm not even sure if a Garcia would help them a lot.

The Dolphins really over-acheived, and they are getting better, but I still think they stole a few games early in the year with the gimmick wildcat that they will use but never to its early effectiveness. The Dolphins are probably a 9-7 team. They do have some good young players and look like they have good coaching but I will be very surprised if they come close to duplicating their almost miracle season, and that includes Pennington. I think the playoffs showed how far they are from being a playoff team.

There is also zero question in any reasonable mind that the Bills shouldn't have split with both teams last year. As bad as we were.

I figure you'll edit, and take the tidbits you need, to make it compelling.

Actually, no. We have a no-edit policy.

It's a legal thing that's common for sites that display reader feedback. If we edit anything, we're legally bound to edit everything or else be liable for slander or other such bad things.

The comments section at the bottom of stories has a filter for profanity, but the mailbag is open. So either your take will run in full or not at all.

So don't try to sneak in any bad words!

Actually, no. We have a no-edit policy.

It's a legal thing that's common for sites that display reader feedback. If we edit anything, we're legally bound to edit everything or else be liable for slander or other such bad things.

The comments section at the bottom of stories has a filter for profanity, but the mailbag is open. So either your take will run in full or not at all.

So don't try to sneak in any bad words!

What the :thumbdown: is that supposed to mean! :D

For all the pundits talking about the Bills bleak outlook in '09 (even with the TO signing) and praising the rest of the divisional moves consider:

(1)Buffalo went 0-6 in the division and still finished 7-9 - a couple close wins like the Jet game in the Meadowlands and the Bills would have been 9-7, 10-6. (2) for all the praise being heaped on the Jets off-season -- did everyone forget they lost their starting QB from a year ago. When did they sign Favre's replacement? (3) TO is no different than 95% of the league -- these guys are all primadonnas and have been coddled since pop warner -- TO is just someone who humors the media with soundbytes. He is passionate about being successful and doesn't settle for mediocrity. (4) my god, if I listened to the media I would think I am living in some hell hole that has nothing to offer. Last I checked Buffalo, still has people that are employed, entertainment venues and media outlets. Oh and by the way Mortensen -- we sell out every single game in a stadium bigger than most NFL cities.

So Tim, are you planning to put in a link to here? If so, we should probably pick up a little, and maybe order in some more beer food ...

Yes, I'll definitely link it. What's the address of choice? Two Bills Drive or the Stadium Wall?

Depends on whether you'd rather direct them to the front page or send them straight to the message board, since it looks like your story is here. Or link the Wall, but toss in a mention of TBD somewhere along the way so people can make the connection. You're good. You'll think of something. :thumbdown:

And I don't know if you saw this on Sal's blog Saturday morning, but I'm asking him for some MegaMillions numbers:

2. Here’s a hypothetical for you. If Terrell Owens doesn’t sign with anyone in the next few weeks, would you bring him to Buffalo on a one-year, incentive-laden contract if you were Russ Brandon? I’m thinking I would, and here’s why: He may have lost a step, but he can still play.

He would immediately be your second-best WR and some would argue he might still be better than Evans. Say what you want about the Team Obliterator, but he’s probably going to be in the Hall of Fame someday. Owens would bring some star power to Buffalo, make the franchise seem at least a bit relevant, he’d help the offense, and let’s be honest, do the Bills really need to be worrying about team chemistry? No, what they need to start worrying about is winning. If you could get Owens for one year, the hope would be that he play lights out in search of a better deal and a better team in 2010 where he can close out his career. Sounds crazy, but I’d do it.

Tim you have made coming here fun again. Sometimes the negativity gets to me and a go weeks without checking. This off season has been fun with you adding your tidbits. I really appreciate it. I added as well. I love this signing even if it is a stop gap in TO's career.

I told TO HE'd better get HIS popcorn ready!

Its going to be electric at the Ralph. Like the Monday Night games for Dallas and Cleveland.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Bob Costas better do a follow up...its going to WHOLE......NOTHA'...........LEVEL!

Guys:

Of course, I will be plugging TBD in the final post. Thanks in advance.

Tim

This is what I sent:

As a long time Bills fan (35 years) who just happens to now live in Dallas I have watched the T.O. signing with interest and frankly, shock. While on one hand I can hope that T.O. the gifted player is the individual that has signed with Buffalo, I have deeper fears that go beyond T.O.‘s history of being a “problem” player. I see the signing as an act of desperation on the part of the franchise. It is no secret that between being a in small market and now decades of economic decline in Buffalo that the Bills are a team that may not remain in the city. From the outside looking in, it seems that the Bills have had difficulty signing free agents. At best it appears that they have to sign them at a premium as compared to other teams, at worst free agents may not be willing to come at all. Add to this a coach that remains in Buffalo largely due to the fact he was lucky to sign an extension before the team went into freefall last season and you have a recipe for what appears to be a desperate signing. I hope T.O. will make a positive contribution to the team. His history suggests that he will not.

I can't get past the Bills' 0-6 record against the AFC East. There isn't much difference between 1st and 3rd, but I think there's a big gap between 2nd and 4th.

I respect your opinions, but I think this one is off. I usually try to put on my objective hat on when I speak with my friends about football or sports for that matter.

I do believe there is a big gap between New England and Buffalo. But we have owned the Dolphins over the past few seasons, and last year the games were pretty close. We were beating Miami by 9 points in the third quarter and then we broke down. Even in that game, Jason Peters was getting abused by Porter and I have to believe that Jason Peters coming in camp, that that won't happen again. Not to mention, the Bills coaching staff had no business allowing Mcgee play that game, and Ginn had a career day, and I'm sure if he was healthy that wouldn't of happened.

The second game, J.P Losman was the quarterback and it was still a close game.

Now I know we lost those games, and that is that, but considering the history and how close the games were last year, doesn't lead me to believe that there is a big gap between us at all.

As far as the Jets are concerned, first game was close, the second game we had a colossal breakdown. Losman *cough cough*

Sure the Jets made some offseason moves, defensive ones and that will improve them from a defensive stand point, but the Jets have lost Brett Favre, Coles and Baker and there is no doubt up to now, that the Jets are worse off than last year.

I would say 2 -4 in the AFC East are very close.