A TBD request for an ESPN.com post

Guys:

I want to put together a post that gives ESPN's audience an idea of what diehard Buffalo Bills fans think of the Terrell Owens signing. I could've put out this plea on my AFC East blog, but I want to be be sure I'm hearing from legit Bills fans, and this is the place for that.

If you'd like to contribute (and I hope you do), please click on this link and leave your thoughts.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailbagESPN?event_id=21506

I'm be looking for more than just "Hell yeah!" or "Go Bills!" Please let me know whether you like this signing and why. Do you think he will make a difference? Do you think his act will be received well in blue-collar Buffalo? How tolerant will everybody be? Will this get them to the playoffs? There are all sorts of angles to considerm positive and negative.

I'll collect the best responses and use them in a post on Sunday or Monday, depending on how quickly the submissions come in.

This post will be a cool way for non-Bills fans to see what you think of this move. People from around the world will get a glimpse of what you're talking about here.

Of course, I will be plugging TBD in the final post. Thanks in advance.

Tim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, some thoughts on the division landscape after hearing you do a couple interviews already. I definitely agree that NE is the class of the division still (that almost goes without saying). As far as the other 3 teams are concerned, media pundits have been dead wrong about the predicted 2nd-4th place finishers in an "NFC South" sort of way for I don't know how many years running. To recap:

August 06 ---> OMG Saban is God, Jets & Bills several notches below Fish.

August 07 ---> Mangenius

August 08 ---> Miami is the worst team ever.

Until one of these teams other than NE proves they can do anything for more than one season, I'm not buying this idea that there's this huge gap between 2nd and 4th place.

I'm with the Sully aritcle. Why not?

Tim, some thoughts on the division landscape after hearing you do a couple interviews already. I definitely agree that NE is the class of the division still (that almost goes without saying). As far as the other 3 teams are concerned, media pundits have been dead wrong about the predicted 2nd-4th place finishers in an "NFC South" sort of way for I don't know how many years running. To recap:

August 06 ---> OMG Saban is God, Jets & Bills several notches below Fish.

August 07 ---> Mangenius

August 08 ---> Miami is the worst team ever.

Until one of these teams other than NE proves they can do anything for more than one season, I'm not buying this idea that there's this huge gap between 2nd and 4th place.

I'm with the Sully aritcle. Why not?

I can't get past the Bills' 0-6 record against the AFC East. There isn't much difference between 1st and 3rd, but I think there's a big gap between 2nd and 4th.

Just contributed as well.

While I didn't like the signing at first, it is beginning to make sense in a number of ways. Hopefully, they

will prevail and not the self destructive nature of TO.

I can't get past the Bills' 0-6 record against the AFC East. There isn't much difference between 1st and 3rd, but I think there's a big gap between 2nd and 4th.

There's apparently still a big gap between the Bills and Pats, but some of the other division games were close. It took a four-turnover fourth-quarter meltdown to lose in Miami, and without that infamous rollout in the Meadowswamp, there's every reason to believe they would've split with the Jets.

And thanks for the kind words:

I could've put out this plea on my AFC East blog, but I want to be be sure I'm hearing from legit Bills fans, and this is the place for that.

There's apparently still a big gap between the Bills and Pats, but some of the other division games were close. It took a four-turnover fourth-quarter meltdown to lose in Miami, and without that infamous rollout in the Meadowswamp, there's every reason to believe they would've split with the Jets.

And thanks for the kind words:

True that.

Thanks to everybody for dropping a line so far. And for those who think they wrote too much, don't worry. I'll read them all.

True that.

Thanks to everybody for dropping a line so far. And for those who think they wrote too much, don't worry. I'll read them all.

I figure you'll edit, and take the tidbits you need, to make it compelling.