Carucci: Only Trent's 2nd Year as a starter...

TDRupp

He came to Dallas in Romo's first year as a starter!!!

That's right. Granted Romo was in his 4th year and did not came into the 2006 year as a starter, it was Romo's first year (10 games) as a starter.

Carucci and others I have heard on NFL on Sirius say he is dangerouns for Edwards. A second year starter. It is his third year and he already started. What about Romo? He helped him his first year. He makes others better. Plain and simple. The only way he does not help the Bills in 2009 is he gets injured. Period.

I think it is a very good move for 1-year, but what gets really interesting is how they move forward in 2010. More then 1 or 2 years with TO is playing with fire, but you miss his production.

I bet the guy plays 3 maybe 4 more years and 1 or 2 are productive. Hopefully one is in 2009!

Go Bills!

we will just have to get used to everyone saying it was the wrong move from our franchise......

To the National Media just about every move has been the wrong move by our Franchise for Years now...So I'm used to it already...Of coarse in some cases they have had a point...We'll see how this one turns out...But from anyone who REALLY follows this Team, I think it's hard to be completely negative about the move...It's not going to make the Bills worse on Offense...That is for certain... :thumbsup:

An interesting dynamic to all of this......

Where ever Owens has gone in the past he has gone to organizations that were making the playoffs and trying to take that "next step"

Then they never made that step......Owens gets blamed because of his mouth and antics but has never been a distraction legal wise....has always been one of the hardest working WR's in the league to go along with his freakish athletic ability

This is a entirely new situation for him.....he had nowhere else to go......this team had NOTHING to lose as they had not made the playoffs in the past ten years.......he has something to prove......edwards has somethign to prove.....hell the whole team has something to prove

This is going to be interesting......what I hope is that the bills dont just stop here and sit on this success.......this team needs a lot more help to be competitive.......

Would Kelly have been afraid of TO in his second year?

Edwards needs to get some balls if he wants to survive.

Needs to get some balls? What exactly has he done to demonstrate he doesn't have any?

Far more dangerous for the coaching staff.

SB, I've got to believe DJ wasn't thrilled with this move. But if DJ doesn't like it, then I love it.

TO will be the antithesis of what DJ does: say nothing, publicly don't accept responsibility for screwing up on gameday, and giving PC's which are brutally boring. TO changes the entire dynamic, and the coaching staff should be concerned because he's going to make them accountable. Perhaps not in the most professional way, but he's someone who will say something when things go bad. And that's a far cry from what they've done between 06-08.

To the National Media just about every move has been the wrong move by our Franchise for Years now...So I'm used to it already...Of coarse in some cases they have had a point...We'll see how this one turns out...But from anyone who REALLY follows this Team, I think it's hard to be completely negative about the move...It's not going to make the Bills worse on Offense...That is for certain... :thumbdown:

In all fairness most of our moves HAVE been the wrong ones for the last decade or so.

SB, I've got to believe DJ wasn't thrilled with this move. But if DJ doesn't like it, then I love it.

Actually, Sal (the person that first broke the story) and PFT's sources both said that Jauron was the person who mentioned trying to get him to the brass.

So for y'all who say Jauron (ahem) - has no balls...is afraid of strong players...etc, be sure not to give him credit now and if it fails blame him for anything that goes wrong.

(Popcorn...check.)