Our new LG

Justice

After giving it some thought I finally realized the Bills won't be bringing in any free agent lineman. Could it be the Bills plan on using their 11th overall pick on Andre Smith of Alabama? To those of you in the know, can AS make that move to G? It's obvious AS is slipping in the draft and he very well could be the best lineman in the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go offensive line heavy in this years draft. Why not? We've ignored the lines in the draft for far too long.

The combine is over rated, IMO. The guy was dominant at Alabama. He's no Mike Williams. There's just something about Texas Longhorns athletes that for some reason don't play well in the NFL.

Who was also suspended from their bowl game this year against Utah. The guy is Bad News

Wow, I didn't know that. Maybe it's not such a great idea after all. Who do you see playing LG this season?

Who was also suspended from their bowl game this year against Utah. The guy is Bad News

Yeah for talking to an agent, not exactly keeping it real like Marshawn. But I still say we go DE....unless by the grace of god BJ Raji falls in our lap.

The combine is over rated, IMO. The guy was dominant at Alabama. He's no Mike Williams. There's just something about Texas Longhorns athletes that for some reason don't play well in the NFL.

Mike Williams was more than dominant at Texas. The idea that Texas players vs. Alabama players are somehow less ready for the NFL is kind of ridiculous. Here's some backup.

Here is the list of Alabama players in the NFL

Mark Anderson Chicago Bears

Wesley Britt New England Patriots

Fernando Bryant Pittsburgh Steelers

Anthony Bryant New York Giants

Matt Caddell St. Louis Rams

Simeon Castille Cincinnati Bengals

Tim Castille Arizona Cardinals

Jeremy Clark New York Giants

Brodie Croyle Kansas City Chiefs

Kenneth Darby St. Louis Rams

Wallace Gilberry Kansas City Chiefs

Cornelius Griffin Washington Redskins

Roman Harper New Orleans Saints

Jarret Johnson Baltimore Ravens

Anthony Madison Pittsburgh Steelers

Evan Mathis Cincinnati Bengals

Le'Ron McClain Baltimore Ravens

Kindal Moorehead Atlanta Falcons

Antwan Odom Cincinnati Bengals

Charlie Peprah Green Bay Packers

Ramzee Robinson Detroit Lions

DeMeco Ryans Houston Texans

Chris Samuels Washington Redskins

Justin Smiley Miami Dolphins

Kenny Smith New England Patriots

Deshea Townsend Pittsburgh Steelers

and Texas:

Cedric Benson Cincinnati Bengals

Justin Blalock Atlanta Falcons

Tarell Brown San Francisco 49ers

Jamaal Charles Kansas City Chiefs

Tim Crowder Denver Broncos

Leonard Davis Dallas Cowboys

Phil Dawson Cleveland Browns

Derrick Dockery Buffalo Bills

Jermichael Finley Green Bay Packers

Brandon Foster Indianapolis Colts

Cedric Griffin Minnesota Vikings

Michael Griffin Tennessee Titans

Ahmard Hall Tennessee Titans

Casey Hampton Pittsburgh Steelers

Tony Hills Pittsburgh Steelers

Michael Huff Oakland Raiders

Quentin Jammer San Diego Chargers

Derrick Johnson Kansas City Chiefs

Nate Jones St. Louis Rams

D.D. Lewis Seattle Seahawks

Cullen Loeffler Minnesota Vikings

Derek Lokey Kansas City Chiefs

Frank Okam Houston Texans

Cory Redding Detroit Lions

Brian Robison Minnesota Vikings

Shaun Rogers Cleveland Browns

Aaron Ross New York Giants

Bo Scaife Tennessee Titans

Jonathan Scott Buffalo Bills

Lyle Sendlein Arizona Cardinals

Chris Simms Tennessee Titans

Kasey Studdard Houston Texans

Limas Sweed Pittsburgh Steelers

David Thomas New England Patriots

Nathan Vasher Chicago Bears

Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins

Roy E. Williams Dallas Cowboys

Rodrique Wright Miami Dolphins

Vince Young Tennessee Titans

Selvin Young Denver Broncos

Yeah for talking to an agent, not exactly keeping it real like Marshawn. But I still say we go DE....unless by the grace of god BJ Raji falls in our lap.

I agree. If we stay at #11, it either has to be Raji if he slips, a DE (Orakpo, Brown, or Maybin) or Cushing. We need to get one of those four guys if we stay at that spot IMO.

That's what he was suspended for? That's it? If that's the case and Orakpo, Raji and Crabtree are off the board then I wouldn't mind AS as our LG.

Here's his highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-EZ6TOWyw

Here's where Mike Mayock has him rated.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

13th best prospect in entire draft. Not bad.

Mike Williams was more than dominant at Texas. The idea that Texas players vs. Alabama players are somehow less ready for the NFL is kind of ridiculous. Here's some backup.

Here is the list of Alabama players in the NFL

Mark Anderson Chicago Bears

Wesley Britt New England Patriots

Fernando Bryant Pittsburgh Steelers

Anthony Bryant New York Giants

Matt Caddell St. Louis Rams

Simeon Castille Cincinnati Bengals

Tim Castille Arizona Cardinals

Jeremy Clark New York Giants

Brodie Croyle Kansas City Chiefs

Kenneth Darby St. Louis Rams

Wallace Gilberry Kansas City Chiefs

Cornelius Griffin Washington Redskins

Roman Harper New Orleans Saints

Jarret Johnson Baltimore Ravens

Anthony Madison Pittsburgh Steelers

Evan Mathis Cincinnati Bengals

Le'Ron McClain Baltimore Ravens

Kindal Moorehead Atlanta Falcons

Antwan Odom Cincinnati Bengals

Charlie Peprah Green Bay Packers

Ramzee Robinson Detroit Lions

DeMeco Ryans Houston Texans

Chris Samuels Washington Redskins

Justin Smiley Miami Dolphins

Kenny Smith New England Patriots

Deshea Townsend Pittsburgh Steelers

and Texas:

Cedric Benson Cincinnati Bengals

Justin Blalock Atlanta Falcons

Tarell Brown San Francisco 49ers

Jamaal Charles Kansas City Chiefs

Tim Crowder Denver Broncos

Leonard Davis Dallas Cowboys

Phil Dawson Cleveland Browns

Derrick Dockery Buffalo Bills

Jermichael Finley Green Bay Packers

Brandon Foster Indianapolis Colts

Cedric Griffin Minnesota Vikings

Michael Griffin Tennessee Titans

Ahmard Hall Tennessee Titans

Casey Hampton Pittsburgh Steelers

Tony Hills Pittsburgh Steelers

Michael Huff Oakland Raiders

Quentin Jammer San Diego Chargers

Derrick Johnson Kansas City Chiefs

Nate Jones St. Louis Rams

D.D. Lewis Seattle Seahawks

Cullen Loeffler Minnesota Vikings

Derek Lokey Kansas City Chiefs

Frank Okam Houston Texans

Cory Redding Detroit Lions

Brian Robison Minnesota Vikings

Shaun Rogers Cleveland Browns

Aaron Ross New York Giants

Bo Scaife Tennessee Titans

Jonathan Scott Buffalo Bills

Lyle Sendlein Arizona Cardinals

Chris Simms Tennessee Titans

Kasey Studdard Houston Texans

Limas Sweed Pittsburgh Steelers

David Thomas New England Patriots

Nathan Vasher Chicago Bears

Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins

Roy E. Williams Dallas Cowboys

Rodrique Wright Miami Dolphins

Vince Young Tennessee Titans

Selvin Young Denver Broncos

I don't think this list proves anything, except that there are an enormous number of Longhorns who were picked very high in the draft and turned out to be major disappointments in the NFL. Cedrick Benson, Vince Young, Roy Williams, Ricky Williams, Quentin Jammer, Michael Huff, and Leonard Davis are prominent examples on your list, which does not include the biggest bust of all--Mike Williams, who is now OOFB. The only Alabama player on the list who was drafted as high as these gentlemen is Samuels and he has hardly been a disappointment.

After giving it some thought I finally realized the Bills won't be bringing in any free agent lineman. Could it be the Bills plan on using their 11th overall pick on Andre Smith of Alabama? To those of you in the know, can AS make that move to G? It's obvious AS is slipping in the draft and he very well could be the best lineman in the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go offensive line heavy in this years draft. Why not? We've ignored the lines in the draft for far too long.

I don't know about Smith but I get your thinking. Supposedly, there are like 4 top LTs. I'm very iffy on the DE 1st prospects. The rest of the guy seem like a so-so group as well. Depending on if Raji is gone (or if Rey M. doesn't blow people away at his pro day), I won't might getting one of the top LTs. It would be great to have a dominant side like we were supposed to have with Peters-dockery.

I also won't might having a draft like Colts did last year and picking a bunch of centers (since that seems to the deepest position in the draft). Perhaps Wood of Louisville or Uger in the 2nd, then a guy like Caldwell from alabama in the 4th.

Taking an OL in the draft isn't the sexiest thing you can do, but like they say, games are won and lost on the lines and thanks to the release of DD, the Bills created a huge hole for themselves on the O-Line. They haven't brought anyone in to play LG either. I'm not saying I want to draft Smith, I'm just saying it looks like that's Buffalo's plan.

... I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go offensive line heavy in this years draft. Why not? We've ignored the lines in the draft for far too long.

Somewhere in NYC there sits a smiling Bill in a state of rapture at the mere THOUGHT of going OL heavy in the draft.

GO BILLS!!!

Still not understanding the logic of drafting a tackle to play LG....but considering the source.

Where could have I gotten an idea like that? Never been done before, what was I thinking? [sARCASM]

What's with the personal attack? It's people like you that make this board unbearable at times. Always name calling instead of debating the topic at hand. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you the right to diss anyone.

Put me on block or don't read my posts. You don't offer anything of substance anyways.

Thats the same guy who left the combine with no known reason right? NO THANKS!

The difference is, he was the the #2 rated high school player and lived up to all of the hype by starting as a true freshman (Fr All American) being named All American 2 years in a row, 3 time 1st team all SEC and won the Outland by the time he was 21! He plays with a nasty ASS attitude and finishes the hell out of his blocks. Put him next to Jason Peters and that would be truly devestating. He ran into a little bit of trouble but it's not like it was drugs or assault. Maybe he just wanted to be a kid for a few seconds. Whichever teams picks Smith is gonna get a bargin.

The Bills are in desperate need of an identity. The only thing we do well is special teams. Get a guy like Andre Smith and with Peters you have the building blocks for a dominant Offensive Line. I wouldn't be against taking Raji either. I'm weary of taking a 260 lb pass rusher who's only going to see the field on 3rd down if Schobel returns to form.