Adam Schefter reports that there has only been one

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldnt that team be Oakland?

ESPN News just had a breakdown that showed the list of teams that told Mortensen they weren't interested. Every team found their way onto the list except...........Oakland and Tennessee

Good call Kelly!

Why, because he bashed him in the media? He does that with all his star players, and always has. Its a tactic, it doesn't mean he hates the guy.

[/quote

No, because he left Dallas. That allegedly was a big part of it. Didnt like the power struggle and insubordination.

BUT WHY ARE YOU PICTURING US?

How about the Dolphins? They have actually struggled to find a receiver... not to mention Parcells was the only person to get T.O. to shut his trap...

The Tuna never wanted TO. The Dolphins need a WR but the Parcell's would never take him. It has to be a team that is desperate, not a team putting it together. Do you know anything besides Patriots Suck or what?

Why wouldnt that team be Oakland?

I think they might be talking about Tennessee... they definitely need a receiver or two, and are a playoff caliber team. One thing I am sure of, it is not the Bills. I think, when the dust settles, TO ends up in one of these cities:

1- Tennessee (TO returns to the south, where his mouth might learn to relax, and he could really help the Titans)

2- Oakland (it is just an obvious pick)

3- San Diego (if he is "right" he could help them take that ever widening "next step")

4- Denver (Cutler would give TO back whatever he gives, not like that wuss Romo)

I think they might be talking about Tennessee... they definitely need a receiver or two, and are a playoff caliber team. One thing I am sure of, it is not the Bills. I think, when the dust settles, TO ends up in one of these cities:

1- Tennessee (TO returns to the south, where his mouth might learn to relax, and he could really help the Titans)

3- San Diego (if he is "right" he could help them take that ever widening "next step")

4- Denver (Cutler would give TO back whatever he gives, not like that wuss Romo)

Tennessee and Denver would'nt want him. No way. Oakland, San Diego maybe. I would put us 2nd in line. In fact if I were Ralph I would write the check today for $7,000,000 bonus, $2,000,0000 salary this year and a $7,000,000 salary next year on a 2 year deal. I think TO would raise our scoring average by 4 to 5 points a game. If he implodes you boot his a$$. If it works he grabs 14 TDs, Evans gets 10 and we win more games! To quote the great Isiah Thomas" It's just so crazy that it just might work" Nothing else has!

You never know about these things but the Titans are one of the many teams who have allegedly said no.

The Cowboys are setting T.O. free.

Don't look for the Titans to try and corral him. It won't happen.

A source this morning confirmed my initial feelings when I heard the news Wednesday night -- the Titans have no interest in the controversial receiver.

Terrell Owens has been a headache everywhere he's been, and the last thing the Titans need is another headache. Yes, they could still use help at the receiver position, and yes, Owens is talented.

But he's not worth it.

He's not worth the risk of dividing the locker room, and being a daily distraction.

The Titans dealt with that already with Pacman for a few years.

So the Titans will pass, no questions asked.

The big question is: Will anyone give T.O. another shot?

Reach Jim Wyatt at 259-8015 or jwyatt@tennessean.com

http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pluckToo....tennessean.com

I wish we did get TO. Could you imagine just watching him in our division games alone?! Picture when we play Miami and New England and watching TO play against the Tuna and Moss would be priceless!

Evans would benefit the most.

Tennessee and Denver would'nt want him. No way. Oakland, San Diego maybe. I would put us 2nd in line. In fact if I were Ralph I would write the check today for $7,000,000 bonus, $2,000,0000 salary this year and a $7,000,000 salary next year on a 2 year deal. I think TO would raise our scoring average by 4 to 5 points a game. If he implodes you boot his a$$. If it works he grabs 14 TDs, Evans gets 10 and we win more games! To quote the great Isiah Thomas" It's just so crazy that it just might work" Nothing else has!

And that my friend is why you are not the GM. Why would you pay him $9M this year when no other teams are interested? Wherever he signs, he'll get an incentive-laden contract

And that my friend is why you are not the GM. Why would you pay him $9M this year when no other teams are interested? Wherever he signs, he'll get an incentive-laden contract

Lee Evans has a $9,870,000 cap number and he only caught 3 TD passes. It's just like Manny Ramirez, no body wanted to pay him but every one wants him batting in their line-up. So, he got paid and so will TO!