Didn't Ralph say that the team needed more talent..

What are the fans to make of these jokers? You have the owner come out and say after he told us that he's bringing back our incompetent coach, that the team doesnt have enough talent to compete....Well Ralph, that's what FA is for. And what have they done. Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence. Got worse on the OL from Dockery to Hangartner(ok, debatable), and i think i'd rather have JP than Fitzpatrick. No TE, no LB, no pass rush help. They keep running players in and out for visits, but no signings...THe FA pool is running dry very quickly.

And why is it in a salary cap league that i know whenever there is a top player available i dont even let the idea cross my mind that the player would be a Bill. Haynesworth, Scott, Ray Lewis, Housh, etc...Not even a thought by the Bills, and not even a realistic thought by the fans because we know it isn't going to happen. Are we the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL or are we all dealing with the same cap? This team has so many holes that cant all be filled by the draft. And the way they draft who would have the confidence in them that they know what they are doing anyways in the draft...Ex. McCargo, Hardy, Witner, etc....

The rest of the AFC is getting better, teams like Denver, KC, the Jets...How can the Bills give us nothing again? when will it be enough for the fans...They are as irrelevant in the league as Cincy and Detroit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God that's well said. Ralph is a joke. Someone needs to wake him from his nap to either find his checkbook or sell the team to someone that knows where their checkbook is. As the season wound down and the Bills dumped 8 out of 10, the only hope I had was that Ralph saw that there was a true lack of talent on this team. Now that he has a chance to do something about it, he's completely silent and missing from the dance. This team is a joke and I'm not sure how much more of it the fans should stomach. We deserve better than Ralph and his tight purse strings.

Frankly speaking, the Bills aren't much better as a team today than they were on the final weekend of the regular season. Someone will chime in with the, "we don't play games until September" speech, but there are two principal ways to acquire players. One is free agency and the other is the draft and both take place in the March-April timeframe. For all the talk there is of players who are released, that's not a viable way to build a winner.

Ralph Wilson did say the Bills were under-talented, and yet his handpicked front office has responded in underwhelming fashion since UFA opened on 2/27. The coach who arguably lost games this season with poor clock management and personnel decisions is still on board. Millions of cap room will be on the books only to be wiped away unused.

You almost have to wonder if they know this is the exit the strategy. Three straight 7-9 seasons and nine years without a playoff appearance wear down a fan base, and rightly so. For the time being, they're putting a team on the field they hope can compete. If they don't, no big deal, as long as people show up to watch. If they don't attend, they can blame the economy even though fans find ways to go to sporting events.

Frankly speaking, the Bills aren't much better as a team today than they were on the final weekend of the regular season. Someone will chime in with the, "we don't play games until September" speech, but there are two principal ways to acquire players. One is free agency and the other is the draft and both take place in the March-April timeframe. For all the talk there is of players who are released, that's not a viable way to build a winner.

Ralph Wilson did say the Bills were under-talented, and yet his handpicked front office has responded in underwhelming fashion since UFA opened on 2/27. The coach who arguably lost games this season with poor clock management and personnel decisions is still on board. Millions of cap room will be on the books only to be wiped away unused.

You almost have to wonder if they know this is the exit the strategy. Three straight 7-9 seasons and nine years without a playoff appearance wear down a fan base, and rightly so. For the time being, they're putting a team on the field they hope can compete. If they don't, no big deal, as long as people show up to watch. If they don't attend, they can blame the economy even though fans find ways to go to sporting events.

but we don't play games until september

Which is better, to be like the Bills and not even talk about the good players available, or to be like the SF Giants and give hope to your fans that you are really interested in the good players, but then knowingly offer much less than those players are worth. Thus, we offered, but they didn't accept. And then go dumpster diving during a youth movement and sign players over 30? Lucky me, I get to have the best of both seasons!! :rolleyes:

I'm personally tired of giving lip service to this. I don't care if he reads it or not, I'm sending a letter to One Bills Drive addressed to Ralph Wilson personally. I suggest you all do the same. Express your displeasure. Speak out. We deserve better.

I'm not sure what you guys want them to do? Blow a ton of $$ on Laveranues Coles? Was he the savior of the franchise? There is a ton of talent on this team, believe it or not. A lot of it is coaching and how well Trent performs (it's Trent or bust this season and next, like it or not). They are a DE or two, a G, and a TE away from being a serious playoff contender if they could simply not coach themselves into oblivion. Once they determined DJ was coming back we were doomed to a season of mediocrity. Overpaying for mediocre free agents would not have changed that and would have been stupid.

Oh my god, can I please have whatever you're smoking? This team is going to be vying for the first pick in the draft next year the way they are currently constituted. What I wanted them to do they've already blown. They should have gone after the 2nd tier guys AT LEAST to infuse the team with talent. Boley, Garcia, TJ, Bart Scott, Crowell even, Canty, someone. Pick 2 or 3 of them and go after them with real contracts. Don't create more holes by dumping Dockery either. There were already enough holes on this team without creating more. Buffalo needs to overpay because free agents don't want to play here. It's the weather, the talent level, and the obscurity. Sorry to be the bearer of grim reality but it's the truth. This team is sealing it's own fate. If the truth hurts then I'm sorry but somebody has to say it. Unless more talent comes to Buffalo, nobody will want to join the team. You can't just build through the draft. This team blew it after the first day of free agency when the first and second wave of guys were signed. All that's left now is guys who will lead us to 5-11.

What are the fans to make of these jokers? You have the owner come out and say after he told us that he's bringing back our incompetent coach, that the team doesnt have enough talent to compete....Well Ralph, that's what FA is for. And what have they done. Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence. Got worse on the OL from Dockery to Hangartner(ok, debatable), and i think i'd rather have JP than Fitzpatrick. No TE, no LB, no pass rush help. They keep running players in and out for visits, but no signings...THe FA pool is running dry very quickly.

And why is it in a salary cap league that i know whenever there is a top player available i dont even let the idea cross my mind that the player would be a Bill. Haynesworth, Scott, Ray Lewis, Housh, etc...Not even a thought by the Bills, and not even a realistic thought by the fans because we know it isn't going to happen. Are we the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL or are we all dealing with the same cap? This team has so many holes that cant all be filled by the draft. And the way they draft who would have the confidence in them that they know what they are doing anyways in the draft...Ex. McCargo, Hardy, Witner, etc....

The rest of the AFC is getting better, teams like Denver, KC, the Jets...How can the Bills give us nothing again? when will it be enough for the fans...They are as irrelevant in the league as Cincy and Detroit.

hehe..the story of a losing franchise...same story for the Bengals, the jets, The Lions, The Bears,...crap franchises,crap decisions

There is a ton of talent on this team, believe it or not.

Really, where?

Not on the O-line.

Not on the D-line

RB - Lynch and Fast Freddie or OK.

WR - Evans over paid, under performs. Not much else todate

Evans had more "goats" per Bills Daily than anyone on the team.

QB - I hope Edwards can get it going and learn to throw the ball down field.

i like how we save money and down grade talent at the same time....only the bills....

What's the problem? Can't handle the truth? Ok with missing the playoffs again? At what point do you stop being a total homer?

My favorite is that old chestnut, "Just wait for the draft." As though we're the only team acquiring players through the draft. Exactly what gives these people the impression that our draft will be SO much better than everyone else's? News flash: the Bills are about an average drafting team. Some high picks pan out, some bust, there's an occasional late-round gem, and the rest are pretty mediocre. But the draft only improves the team if you get more out of it than the teams you play against. Why should we expect that?

Are you people kidding me?yes lets jump on a bunch of overpaid FA and have them flop ummmm DOCKERY ring any bells?spending a ton of money on one or two FA is not going to help the team!we have a ton of talent on this team and they are mostly very young players who are learning and growing!Im thinking that you whiners given the chance to run this team would run it right into the ground a hell of alot faster then you thinks its going right now!maybe you should pay attention to teams like the redskins and cowboys who always shoot high during FA and where are they every year?certainly not winning a superbowl are they?ummmm nope!quit pissin and moaning over everything they do or dont do already!why would anybody want to come here if they see what you people write on here?they would see a major lack of support for any aspect of this team!UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is better, to be like the Bills and not even talk about the good players available, or to be like the SF Giants and give hope to your fans that you are really interested in the good players, but then knowingly offer much less than those players are worth. Thus, we offered, but they didn't accept. And then go dumpster diving during a youth movement and sign players over 30? Lucky me, I get to have the best of both seasons!! :thumbdown:

How do u compare the Bills and the San Francisco Giants? I guess we play by the bay of Lake Erie?