Didn't Ralph say that the team needed more talent..

Are you people kidding me?yes lets jump on a bunch of overpaid FA and have them flop ummmm DOCKERY ring any bells?spending a ton of money on one or two FA is not going to help the team!we have a ton of talent on this team and they are mostly very young players who are learning and growing!Im thinking that you whiners given the chance to run this team would run it right into the ground a hell of alot faster then you thinks its going right now!maybe you should pay attention to teams like the redskins and cowboys who always shoot high during FA and where are they every year?certainly not winning a superbowl are they?ummmm nope!quit pissin and moaning over everything they do or dont do already!why would anybody want to come here if they see what you people write on here?they would see a major lack of support for any aspect of this team!UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Redskins and Cowboys have both been in the playoffs in the last couple years, have we? I didn't think so, your point is invalid.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you guys want them to do? Blow a ton of $$ on Laveranues Coles? Was he the savior of the franchise? There is a ton of talent on this team, believe it or not. A lot of it is coaching and how well Trent performs (it's Trent or bust this season and next, like it or not). They are a DE or two, a G, and a TE away from being a serious playoff contender if they could simply not coach themselves into oblivion. Once they determined DJ was coming back we were doomed to a season of mediocrity. Overpaying for mediocre free agents would not have changed that and would have been stupid.

It is called improvement and trying to win. The winning organizations do that, we haven't forever. Can you even remember the last playoff game the Bills were in without watching a video or tv of it?

My favorite is that old chestnut, "Just wait for the draft." As though we're the only team acquiring players through the draft. Exactly what gives these people the impression that our draft will be SO much better than everyone else's? News flash: the Bills are about an average drafting team. Some high picks pan out, some bust, there's an occasional late-round gem, and the rest are pretty mediocre. But the draft only improves the team if you get more out of it than the teams you play against. Why should we expect that?

Leave it to the Bills to hype draft day as a time to find players (other than RB's) who will make an immediate impact. Rookies usually struggle, especially those taken after the first round. The Bills have one first round pick, and if they're lucky will get some production there.

Truth is, DJ won't play rookies if he can find a way. Case in point was McKelvin not playing for McGee at Miami. But guys like Lynch and Posluszny will play when there's absolutely no one else on the depth chart.

Those rookies should be expected to be contributors in 2-3 years, not immediately. It was unbelievable that Buffalo thought Hardy would come in as a second rounder and make plays. He wasn't ready, and it showed later in the season.

I'm not sure what you guys want them to do? Blow a ton of $$ on Laveranues Coles? Was he the savior of the franchise? There is a ton of talent on this team, believe it or not. A lot of it is coaching and how well Trent performs (it's Trent or bust this season and next, like it or not). They are a DE or two, a G, and a TE away from being a serious playoff contender if they could simply not coach themselves into oblivion. Once they determined DJ was coming back we were doomed to a season of mediocrity. Overpaying for mediocre free agents would not have changed that and would have been stupid.

L Coles wasn't the answer, especially at 7 mil per. That i agree with. But come on, you can't tell me that Canty or Scott wouldn't have filled a major hole on this team.They got fair market value. and the Bills are way under the cap. Make a play for them, act like you want to win.

And you say they have a ton of talent, where??? They have 1 good WR, 2 good RB's and a good punter. what else? A DE or 2, a G, and a TE away???? Are you kidding? who is playing LB, Ellison? they won't end well...And you are counting this backup from Carolina as our solution at C. They downgraded cornerback too losing Greer. McKelvin better be ready to play there.

And another note, got to like how they didn't bring in any real competition for Edwards at backup QB. Typical Bills move. They could have went for a Garcia or Leftwich, someone proven that could have played for them if the Trent Edwards of the 2nd half of last year showed up next year. Instead they bring in this Fitzpatrick who couldn't get the ball to Housh and Chad Johnson last year. Dont push Trent, just settle for whatever he gives you good or bad next year.

What are the fans to make of these jokers? You have the owner come out and say after he told us that he's bringing back our incompetent coach, that the team doesnt have enough talent to compete....Well Ralph, that's what FA is for. And what have they done. Got worse at CB from Greer to Florence. Got worse on the OL from Dockery to Hangartner(ok, debatable), and i think i'd rather have JP than Fitzpatrick. No TE, no LB, no pass rush help. They keep running players in and out for visits, but no signings...THe FA pool is running dry very quickly.

And why is it in a salary cap league that i know whenever there is a top player available i dont even let the idea cross my mind that the player would be a Bill. Haynesworth, Scott, Ray Lewis, Housh, etc...Not even a thought by the Bills, and not even a realistic thought by the fans because we know it isn't going to happen. Are we the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL or are we all dealing with the same cap? This team has so many holes that cant all be filled by the draft. And the way they draft who would have the confidence in them that they know what they are doing anyways in the draft...Ex. McCargo, Hardy, Witner, etc....

The rest of the AFC is getting better, teams like Denver, KC, the Jets...How can the Bills give us nothing again? when will it be enough for the fans...They are as irrelevant in the league as Cincy and Detroit.

Ralph was too embarrassed to honestly point out the real culprit, you know...the clown he gave a three year contract extension to after the first six games of the season. Once Ralph knew he wasn't firing the coach and he was cornered with the obvious question of wtf is wrong with this team, he tried to play the "talent" card.

I'm sorry, but it's obvious to me that the Bills should have beat both the Browns and 49ers at home and they should have also won at least 2 of their 6 divisional games. This team had 11-5 talent with the schedule they had and the 5-1 start. Just because the old guy said it doesn't mean he was telling the truth. The guy is a businessman at heart and was thinking about having to sell tickets for the 2009 season.

Ralph was too embarrassed to honestly point out the real culprit, you know...the clown he gave a three year contract extension to after the first six games of the season. Once Ralph knew he wasn't firing the coach and he was cornered with the obvious question of wtf is wrong with this team, he tried to play the "talent" card.

I'm sorry, but it's obvious to me that the Bills should have beat both the Browns and 49ers at home and they should have also won at least 2 of their 6 divisional games. This team had 11-5 talent with the schedule they had and the 5-1 start. Just because the old guy said it doesn't mean he was telling the truth. The guy is a businessman at heart and was thinking about having to sell tickets for the 2009 season.

And in 2009, the Bills schedule won't be a bunch of pushovers they found a way to lose to as in 08. They'll face off against their division rivals, along with the AFC and NFC South. If that's not sobering, I don't know what is.

Being at the Cleveland and SF games, Buffalo was handed the game many times and could not find a way to score.

I have a feeling the team will see a lot of people walk away, especially with the combination of keeping DJ and doing practically nothing in free agency. Can't wait to hype the draft that they're depending on.

Guest three3

“But we just don’t have the talent.”

What about the head coach, Ralph?

“What about him? He can’t kick field goals or tackle during a game. Let’s see, what else is there? Block. Tackle.”

And in 2009, the Bills schedule won't be a bunch of pushovers they found a way to lose to as in 08. They'll face off against their division rivals, along with the AFC and NFC South. If that's not sobering, I don't know what is.

Being at the Cleveland and SF games, Buffalo was handed the game many times and could not find a way to score.

I have a feeling the team will see a lot of people walk away, especially with the combination of keeping DJ and doing practically nothing in free agency. Can't wait to hype the draft that they're depending on.

Dumbest thing ever is pre-judging a schedule in March.

God, some of you people are some of the most miserable people ever. Let's whine and say the same thing over and over again. awesome. :thumbdown:

Guest three3

God, some of you people are some of the most miserable people ever. Let's whine and say the same thing over and over again. awesome. :thumbdown:

Home:

Colts L

Dolphins L

Jets L

Patriots L

Saints L

Buccaneers W

Texans L

Browns W

AWAY:

Dolphins L

Falcons L

Chiefs L

Jaguars W

Jets L

Panthers L

Patriots L

Titans L

Guest three3
Put your money where you mouth is. $50? you in? I got the over.

This site is for entertainment purposes only. Please check local gambling laws.

I see how people are getting frusturated seeing the same threads over and over again, but at the same time, it's amazing to see the consistency in the posts. Either people are drinking the Ralph Kool-Aid, accepted us as the Poorest team in the NFL, or are simply pissed cause they put a ton of money and effort into this team only to be heart broken.

Of all the times I've been a fan, this is when I wish Ralph would read the boards so he could see that it's just not a few people who feel this way. This team is in the worst shape I've seen since i've been a fan. Which, may only be since 90, but that's still almost two decades.

Evidently nine straight seasons without a playoff appearance is appealing to you. As are:

13 seasons since the last playoff win.

1 winning record in 9 seasons.

Having a HC with 1 winning record in 9 seasons

Going 2-8 in their last 10 games of 2008

Couple that with the other NFL franchises in the same boat-Detroit-and if you're still optimistic, you're probably thinking the stock market will turn around any day now.

The schedule will be harder in 09 than it was in 08. Unless the Bills have the easiest schedule next year, which is highly doubtful.

But keep going on being optimistic. The others will read the writing on the wall from the team.

Evidently nine straight seasons without a playoff appearance is appealing to you. As are:

13 seasons since the last playoff win.

1 winning record in 9 seasons.

Having a HC with 1 winning record in 9 seasons

Going 2-8 in their last 10 games of 2008

Couple that with the other NFL franchises in the same boat-Detroit-and if you're still optimistic, you're probably thinking the stock market will turn around any day now.

The schedule will be harder in 09 than it was in 08. Unless the Bills have the easiest schedule next year, which is highly doubtful.

But keep going on being optimistic. The others will read the writing on the wall from the team.

I will be optimistic. I view the Bills as strictly entertainment. I used to kill myself after every loss but I guess I've gotten numb to it. I still love the fact that Buffalo is one of 32 cities that has a NFL team and I get to experience it. To me, tailgating is a huge part of the experience now. If the Bills win, it's jsut icing on the cake.

I get by your posts that you are extremely frustrated, as most of us are. Trust me, I'm frustrated to but here a few thigns that keep me positive:

- The last 9 years are completely irrevelant to the players. Most of them probably have no idea. They don't have the loser mentality that fans have right now.

- Belichick had 5 of 6 losing seasons and started the next season at 1-3 til Mo Lewis came along. Edwards in his 3rd season maybe the best QB Jauron has ever had.

- The defense was 14th in the NFL with one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL. Schobel and a DE or DT in the draft could easily make this a top 10 defense.

- Maybe the best KR and PR in the league and the best STs. Defense & STs can carry a team a long way.

- Most of our players are entering their prime.

- Our new center played on one of the best run blocking lines in football and the team averaged 139 rushing yards in his starts.

- No Robert Royal, thus upgrade.

But that's enough for now. I apologize for being positive. i'll go back in hiding now.

Really, where?

Not on the O-line.

Not on the D-line

Really? What about Jason Peters? What about Marcus Stroud? What about Aaron Schobel when he's healthy? What about Langston Walker? There's talent there, trust me. And also trust me, no one was clamoring for bringing in a Peppers or a Suggs more than I was, but you can't just throw a ton of money at average players (see: Dockery, Derrick).

Really, where?

Not on the O-line.

Not on the D-line

RB - Lynch and Fast Freddie or OK.

WR - Evans over paid, under performs. Not much else todate

Evans had more "goats" per Bills Daily than anyone on the team.

QB - I hope Edwards can get it going and learn to throw the ball down field.

Again, there's is a ton of talent: McKelvin, Parrish, K. Mitchell, Poz, Whitner, McGee, etc. The problem is with the coaching. And we need a pass rush.

And I'll be happy to take the over on 3-13 and give you 10-1 odds.