T.O. to the Bills

stang21

Yeah, because it is a f-ing stupid idea that doesn't deserve the bandwidth we're giving it. Stupid people are funny, though.

It is rumored that Jauron is the one who suggested persuit of T.O.. If Jauron is will to deal with the consequences maybe the on field benefit to us for one year would be worth it. I think Jauron thinks that Hardy might be able to learn from T.O.. Remember When we signed an againg James Lofton? He was disgruntled where he was and released past his prime. Look what he did for our Offense. This is so "Crazy" it just might work!!!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it might make sense for a year, 2 at absolute most. I remain very skeptical. It would make for a fun season though.

Wow

If, and thats a big A** if too..... if T.O. were brought in even for a visit.....

That would show me the Russ Brandon has more balls than I thought.....

It is rumored that Jauron is the one who suggested persuit of T.O.. If Jauron is will to deal with the consequences maybe the on field benefit to us for one year would be worth it. I think Jauron thinks that Hardy might be able to learn from T.O.. Remember When we signed an againg James Lofton? He was disgruntled where he was and released past his prime. Look what he did for our Offense. This is so "Crazy" it just might work!!!

You just compared "Team Obliterator" (thanks, Skip) to Lofton, one of the classiest guys and best locker-room presences to ever wear a Bills uniform? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

You just compared "Team Obliterator" (thanks, Skip) to Lofton, one of the classiest guys and best locker-room presences to ever wear a Bills uniform? Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

I hope they sign the guy, he plays with alot of passion and he's a great football player, and more often than not his teams have winning records

Put it this way... TO cant make the Bills any worse than what they are now

Thats my view. If the Bills were on the verge of being a legit contender then its a silly move, but having someone like TO on the bargain basement Bills may well wake them up from a decade of slumber. What does the franchise have to lose?! It has lost all pride and dignity it once had. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I hope they sign the guy, he plays with alot of passion and he's a great football player, and more often than not his teams have winning records

More often than not, he signs with teams that had a winning record the previous season.

PHI: 12-4 and a trip to the NFC Championship Game in 2002 and 2003. 13-3 and an NFC Championship win (without him playing) in 2004, his first season there. 6-10 in 2005 while he did sit-ups in his driveway. Back to 10-6 in 2006, after they cut him loose.

DAL: 9-7 in 2005. 9-7 in 2006, 13-3 in 2007, 9-7 in 2008.

Honestly? With the possible exception of the 2007 Cowboys, those records don't show much of a difference with or without him. And as someone still dithering on whether or not to renew my season tickets, the accompanying circus act would be enough to push me into the "no thanks" camp. Be great fun for the local media, though.

Thats my view. If the Bills were on the verge of being a legit contender then its a silly move, but having someone like TO on the bargain basement Bills may well wake them up from a decade of slumber. What does the franchise have to lose?! It has lost all pride and dignity it once had. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I would love to see TO calling out Jason Peters for his lack of effort during a game......is exactly what we need,,,,since Takeo left, we have no fiery leader who puts the team on his back and calls people out when they need it...... a guy with passion would be fun for a change.

And as someone still dithering on whether or not to renew my season tickets, the accompanying circus act would be enough to push me into the "no thanks" camp.

Might be worth it to be there the first time he says something stupid to Marcus Stroud. :lol:

I like the talent Owens would bring, but not the selfishness.

He has imploded EVERY team he has been with. This Bills team is

either on the verge of something very good, or sliding into obscurity.

Signing Owens would do nothing but push this team over the edge, making

us much worse than we are.

Quit frankly with the shaky state of ownership at OBD, signing Owens may

hurt this franchise in ways from which they may never recover from.

Where do you get that from? He signed a 4 year $34MM contract before last season, hence why the Cowgirls are taking a $9MM cap hit this year by releasing him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3423170

Good find, so he actually had 3 years @ $20M left on his deal. I read somewhere that 2009 base salary was for $5.5M, can't recall where. If so, the last 2 years would have been for approx. $7M each. The $9M cap his was because of the $13M signing bonus that the Cowboys can't take over 4 years any longer.

Guest dog14787
Might be worth it to be there the first time he says something stupid to Marcus Stroud. :thumbsup:

Or how about TO lighting up DJ on the sidelines when he does a brain fart or maybe Moorman placing his foot so far up TO's, well, you get the picture, but the possible scenerios are endless :lol:

More often than not, he signs with teams that had a winning record the previous season.

PHI: 12-4 and a trip to the NFC Championship Game in 2002 and 2003. 13-3 and an NFC Championship win (without him playing) in 2004, his first season there. 6-10 in 2005 while he did sit-ups in his driveway. Back to 10-6 in 2006, after they cut him loose.

DAL: 9-7 in 2005. 9-7 in 2006, 13-3 in 2007, 9-7 in 2008.

Honestly? With the possible exception of the 2007 Cowboys, those records don't show much of a difference with or without him. And as someone still dithering on whether or not to renew my season tickets, the accompanying circus act would be enough to push me into the "no thanks" camp. Be great fun for the local media, though.

quit fibbin' - you're renewing your tix even if we sign the sideshow :lol:

I like the talent Owens would bring, but not the selfishness.

He has imploded EVERY team he has been with. This Bills team is

either on the verge of something very good, or sliding into obscurity.

Signing Owens would do nothing but push this team over the edge, making

us much worse than we are.

Quit frankly with the shaky state of ownership at OBD, signing Owens may

hurt this franchise in ways from which they may never recover from.

Maybe I am crazy, and yes I do think T.O. can be a HUGE problem, but I'm not sure he is the reason his teams imploded. San Fran, like us, just hasn't been good for a long time. Missed draft picks and wasted talent, no real FA signings has made them awful. Even without T.O. Philly seems to be a mess. They bench McNabb for no reason, never put any other WR's on their roster after T.O. as well. McNabb doesn't seem to enjoy it there even after T.O. is gone. And Dallas...well what can I say. Jerry Jones is a joke. It wasn't just T.O. that he brought in, but Jones and Johnson too. I don't think you can solely place the blame on Owens for the struggles of the teams he has left. He hasn't helped, but it doesn't lay on his shoulders alone

I think TO is the perfect move for the '09 Bills.

DJ is on the hot-seat. If TO comes in he will no longer have the 'talent' excuse. TO is a great test of DJ's ability to connect with and handle players. If it works out, we know that there may be something in DJ worth building around.

If TO causes the Bills to 'implode', Ralph can fire DJ knowing that he gave him every opportunity for sucsess. Ralph can also fire many of the people in the front office and we can start re-building, hopefully with some better peices. Third times a charm, right.

The fact that DJ himself wants TO is encouraging. It means that he is desperate. Hopefully, with or without TO, that desperation will cause DJ to change his ways and be a better coach. Maybe this year we will finally see a 'win or die' attitude. I'm not expecting a new emotional DJ. But he may start playing to win, rather than playing not to lose.

I think the Bills sell more tickets with TO than without. People slow down when they pass a car wreck because they want to see all of the gory details, first hand.

Guest dog14787
quit fibbin' - you're renewing your tix even if we sign the sideshow B-)

The last sideshow we had here in Buffalo was the magical flute, Doug Flutie, not to compare the two by any means, and maybe the magic flute didn't carry us into the playoffs or beyond, but at least we had fun. We had someone to talk about, someone unique that no other team had. He was awesome!

Give us something to talk about, that's what I'm saying :flirt:

The last sideshow we had here in Buffalo was the magical flute, Doug Flutie, not to compare the two by any means, and maybe the magic flute didn't carry us into the playoffs or beyond, but at least we had fun. We had someone to talk about, someone unique that no other team had. He was awesome!

Give us something to talk about, that's what I'm saying :flirt:

Actually, Flutie did carry us into the playoffs, IIRC - it ended abruptly when RJ took over.

I hope we do sign T.O. - I'm all for another sideshow. Git'r done, Russ!

Guest dog14787
Actually, Flutie did carry us into the playoffs, IIRC - it ended abruptly when RJ took over.

I hope we do sign T.O. - I'm all for another sideshow. Git'r done, Russ!

OMG your right, we pull the Magical Flute out of the starting lineup after he takes us to the playoffs and we get beat by the Music City Miracle, ironic isn't it. :flirt: