Who is the next best WR Available?

Virgil

If the reports are true that the "Bills wanted Coles Bad," then that would make me believe that a number 2 receiver is high on their priority list. When I look at the list of WR's left, I really don't see a number 2 receiver out there, unless you count Marvin Harrison, which is debatable. So, I wonder which is the case. Was Coles just someone the FO felt they couldn't pass up, or is it a targeted need and now they are just plain screwed because they cheaped out on Coles and now it's too late to get anyone else of substance.

List of Free Agent WR's Available:

Marvin Harrison WR Released 6-0 185 13 Colts 80 Expert's Take

D.J. Hackett WR Released 6-2 208 5 Panthers 71 Expert's Take

Bobby Engram WR UFA 5-10 192 13 Seahawks 66 Expert's Take

Amani Toomer WR UFA 6-3 203 13 NY Giants 65 Expert's Take

Reggie Williams WR UFA 6-4 212 5 Jaguars 65 Expert's Take

Joey Galloway WR Released 5-11 197 14 Buccaneers 64 Expert's Take

Ronald Curry WR Released 6-2 210 7 Raiders 62 Expert's Take

Devery Henderson WR UFA 5-11 200 5 Saints 62 Expert's Take

Shaun McDonald WR UFA 5-10 183 6 Lions 62 Expert's Take

Demetrius Williams WR RFA 6-2 197 3 Ravens 62 Expert's Take

Mike Furrey WR Released 6-0 195 5 Lions 61 Expert's Take

Justin McCareins WR UFA 6-2 215 8 Titans 61 Expert's Take

Miles Austin WR UFA 6-3 216 3 Cowboys 59 Expert's Take

Darrell Jackson WR UFA 5-11 210 9 Broncos 59 Expert's Take

Dane Looker WR UFA 6-0 194 8 Rams 59 Expert's Take

Sam Hurd WR UFA 6-2 205 3 Cowboys 58 Expert's Take

Ashley Lelie WR UFA 6-3 195 7 Raiders 58 Expert's Take

Jerry Porter WR Released 6-2 220 9 Jaguars 58 Expert's Take

Koren Robinson WR UFA 6-1 205 7 Seahawks 58 Expert's Take

Drew Bennett WR Released 6-5 196 8 Rams 57 Expert's Take

Drew Carter WR UFA 6-3 200 5 Raiders 57 Expert's Take

Robert Ferguson WR UFA 6-1 219 8 Vikings 57 Expert's Take

Ike Hilliard WR Released 5-11 210 12 Buccaneers 57 Expert's Take

Terrance Copper WR UFA 6-0 207 5 Ravens 56 Expert's Take

Dante' Hall WR UFA 5-8 187 9 Rams 55 Expert's Take

Brandon Lloyd WR UFA 6-0 194 6 Bears 55 Expert's Take

Kelley Washington WR Released 6-3 215 6 Patriots 54 Expert's Take

Edell Shepherd WR UFA 6-1 175 5 Broncos 52 Expert's Take

Cortez Hankton WR UFA 6-0 200 5 Buccaneers 50 Expert's Take

Courtney Roby WR RFA 6-0 189 4 Saints 48 Expert's Take

Cliff Russell WR Released 5-11 190 6 Broncos 48 Expert's Take

Tab Perry WR UFA 6-3 215 4 Dolphins 47 Expert's Take

Mark Jones WR UFA 5-9 185 5 Panthers 46 Expert's Take

Marcus Maxwell WR Released 6-3 210 3 Bengals Ravens 20 Expert's Take

Is this supposed to be a FA list? I'm looking over all of the names and I can tell you now that not all of them are FAs or available. Sam Hurd and Miles Austin are RFAs and have been tendered for 2nd rders and Devery Henderson has been re-signed by the Saints. The last 4 or 5 on that list I don't know anything about and that's just it, why would we want considered?

Great research, I think Marvin Harrison because he can teach Lee and others how to run a route and he would be effective. He would be a great pick up even though he is old.

Marvin Harrison isn't the friendliest of guys. I don't see him meshing with anyone but I wouldn't want to be the one who pisses him off.

Great research, I think Marvin Harrison because he can teach Lee and others how to run a route and he would be effective. He would be a great pick up even though he is old.

I think Marvin too, only because he packs heat and would fit in well with the rest of our skill players. The NRA has just become the Bills official sponsor!

Guest dog14787

I think T.O. would help give our young offense a face and a name, T. O.'s name of course, but hey it would add instant fear and respect to all comers and Lee Evans would be so wide open all the time, between him and T.O. who are both clearly number one WR's , the opposing defense's would be constantly on their heels.

Add a good running game and you would probably have the most dangerous offense in the NFL.

Like Thurman Thomas said, we need better players, we need Mr. Attitude, Mr. I am the man, I'm Superman!!!

T.O. getting introduced in the first home game, comes out of the tunnel dressed like Superman, blue cape matching our Buffalo blue, it would be an awesome sight to see, our Hero :w00t:

get er done :flirt::wallbash::censored::rolleyes:

Holt, Drew Bennett or Demetrius Williams. Bennett is never healthy but had a few good years. Holt is going to be expensive.

Bennett is the definition of bum........no thanks.

I think Reggie Williams is the best option on this list. We can definitely use some big receivers to create matchup problem for other teams. Looking on that list, I noticed that the Traders just released all of their receivers. I wonder what their plans are.

The list above just goes to show you how dumb it would have been to sign Coles to a $25 mill contract.

You can have your pick of veteran WR's, probably to be signed for a modest two-year deal, and who will be expected to come in and basically keep defenses honest. There are probably ten guys on that list who can do that.

The list above just goes to show you how dumb it would have been to sign Coles to a $25 mill contract.

You can have your pick of veteran WR's, probably to be signed for a modest two-year deal, and who will be expected to come in and basically keep defenses honest. There are probably ten guys on that list who can do that.

Demetrius Williams... End of Discussion. He'll play hard while he's on the field, and allow Jackson to start the secon half of the season due to injury.