Jabari signs with Saints

Simon

Greer is gone in another bonehead move by the inner circle of squares (I'm copyrighting that one). It would be one thing if he was getting 8 million a year, but at under 6/year, he should have been resigned for sure.

Unfortunate truths:

1. He was easily the best corner on the team last year. Just because McGee is #1 on the madden 09 depth chart doesn't mean squat. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise if you watched the games...he played some of the best defense I've seen a corner play on this team in a long time.

2. He was not always "covering the other team's #2 receiver". The Bills defensive scheme (don't laugh) doesn't work that way. He lined up against the top receiver on the other team just as often as McGee.

3. McGee will walk next year...no way they will be able to sign him for what Greer got from the Saints. McGee has the notoriety and is a good kick returner, while Greer is still a relative unknown (not for long though).

4. The Bills know all of this and have been preparing to lose Greer and McGee in consecutive years anyway. They are happy with McKelvin/Youboty/Florence/Corner. Guess it could work out...the top 2 are good players also.

5. God, I hate this f'ing team sometimes.

Anyway, good luck to Jabari...the guy was a class act and a really good player the time he was here. The saints got a steal, IMHO.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that's a left-handed compliment, right?

When the season rolls around and you realize Florence can't play the slot maybe you'll change your tune. Unless of course you read something that says different.

Why would I give a flying !@#$ at a rolling doughnut what some clueless hack on some internet site says? Unlike you, I form my opinions on players by actually watching them play, not on what somebody else says about them.

obviously you don't

You must of never seen Florence play for San Diego or else you wouldn't of said that.

I never said that I'd rather have Florence over Greer, I believe Greer has more value. But we didn't need Greer!! So next year we should attempt to retain Mcgee.

ANd yes

We will see

i dont know what is more sad. The fact that you are acting surprised Greer signed somewhere else. Or the fact that you dont see the logic the Bills used. McKelvin replaces Greer. Who btw took a couple of years to be a good player. We already saw glimpses of what McKelvin can be in his first year. It obviously is a debate on who was better between Greer and McGhee. See the other 20+ posts here.

Simon you are a Moderator? Yet know so little about football. Thats what i find scarry. And sad. Greer went where he got a better deal. So far everyone here is upset when someone spends a million or two more on a guy then the Bills offer. If you spend a million or two more on every FA, then you wouldn't have money to resign guys you need. Sorry but i hope your spouse is in charge of the finances in your house. Otherwise guys like me will be footing the bill for your foreclosed house.

He signed for just under 6 mil a year. We let him go over that? I'm sorry, but we should have kept him for that.

We let him go because:

1. He's a one-dimensional cover man who can't tackle at all.

2. He can only play on the outside.

3. McKelvin is going to take his place as the number 2 corner next year.

4. We want to try and extend McGee.

I can't believe we are lamenting the loss of Greer. I give it 2 years before NO releases him.

Greer is gone in another bonehead move by the inner circle of squares (I'm copyrighting that one). It would be one thing if he was getting 8 million a year, but at under 6/year, he should have been resigned for sure.

Unfortunate truths:

1. He was easily the best corner on the team last year. Just because McGee is #1 on the madden 09 depth chart doesn't mean squat. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise if you watched the games...he played some of the best defense I've seen a corner play on this team in a long time.

2. He was not always "covering the other team's #2 receiver". The Bills defensive scheme (don't laugh) doesn't work that way. He lined up against the top receiver on the other team just as often as McGee.

3. McGee will walk next year...no way they will be able to sign him for what Greer got from the Saints. McGee has the notoriety and is a good kick returner, while Greer is still a relative unknown (not for long though).

4. The Bills know all of this and have been preparing to lose Greer and McGee in consecutive years anyway. They are happy with McKelvin/Youboty/Florence/Corner. Guess it could work out...the top 2 are good players also.

5. God, I hate this f'ing team sometimes.

Anyway, good luck to Jabari...the guy was a class act and a really good player the time he was here. The saints got a steal, IMHO.

Quoted for truth from header to footer.

i dont know what is more sad. The fact that you are acting surprised Greer signed somewhere else. Or the fact that you dont see the logic the Bills used. McKelvin replaces Greer. Who btw took a couple of years to be a good player. We already saw glimpses of what McKelvin can be in his first year. It obviously is a debate on who was better between Greer and McGhee. See the other 20+ posts here.

Simon you are a Moderator? Yet know so little about football. Thats what i find scarry. And sad. Greer went where he got a better deal. So far everyone here is upset when someone spends a million or two more on a guy then the Bills offer. If you spend a million or two more on every FA, then you wouldn't have money to resign guys you need. Sorry but i hope your spouse is in charge of the finances in your house. Otherwise guys like me will be footing the bill for your foreclosed house.

I'm going to quote Simon here

Quoted for truth from header to footer

And where does everyone get this notation that Greer is better than McGee? It's probably the same notation that people got that McGee was better Clements. You will always look better covering a #2 receiver.

I love Greer and congrats on his deal. He deserves it. But he is getting into Jim leonhard territory of overratedness.

When did I say Greer was better than McGee. I flat out said, "McGee is our best all around corner." My God, man. Get a clue before you post.

The point is age. McGee might be better now, but there is no doubt his next contract will be for the downside of his career. Greer's is not.

I'm going to quote Simon here

Quoted for truth from header to footer

Let's examine some of this gentleman's (and I use the term loosely) "truth":

The fact that you are acting surprised Greer signed somewhere else.

Wrong

Or the fact that you dont see the logic the Bills used.

Wrong

Greer. Who btw took a couple of years to be a good player.

Wrong

Yet know so little about football.

Wrong

Sorry but i hope your spouse is in charge of the finances in your house. Otherwise guys like me will be footing the bill for your foreclosed house.

Wrong Not to mention ignorant and asinine

So yeah, this guy is just a fountain of truth. :wallbash:

Let's examine some of this gentleman's (and I use the term loosely) "truth":

The fact that you are acting surprised Greer signed somewhere else.

Wrong

Or the fact that you dont see the logic the Bills used.

Wrong

Greer. Who btw took a couple of years to be a good player.

Wrong

Yet know so little about football.

Wrong

Sorry but i hope your spouse is in charge of the finances in your house. Otherwise guys like me will be footing the bill for your foreclosed house.

Wrong Not to mention ignorant and asinine

So yeah, this guy is just a fountain of truth. :wallbash:

We will just have to disrespectfully disagree :nana:

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner. And the fact that we even had to replace him is the problem. It would be nice if the Bills instead of moving laterally (or in this case backwards) actually kept their own players and made additions to the team.

It is refreshing to see someone else who sees this as a backwards move.

Jabari is much better than Florence. Hence, the Bills just got worse.

I've seen this for so many years I've become numb to the rationalizations of the front office and the "fans".

Fact: McGee had a much better 2007 than Greer

Fact: Leodis had a very strong rookie season

Fact: Their 2008 seasons were about equal, if you remove the dolphins game.

Fact: Youboty played very well before he got hurt last year.

Imo, letting McGee and McKelvin start, and signing Florence to compete for nickel is much better than hampering the development of your 1st round pick. We will still be looking at one of the deepest CB cores next year.

It is refreshing to see someone else who sees this as a backwards move.

Jabari is much better than Florence. Hence, the Bills just got worse.

I've seen this for so many years I've become numb to the rationalizations of the front office and the "fans".

Most of the time you only play 2 CB's, and investing a ton of money into 3 of them isn't a great way of doing business. Youboty played very well when he was nickel, and Florence figures to have locked up the dime spot.

Some of you are missing an important point. You say "we've got Greer's replacement in McKelvin". Maybe we do, BUT, if we had signed (extended) our own guy LAST year, whom we knew was damn good, we wouldn't have had to spend the top pick last year on McKelvin. We could have extended Greer, AND added another top player to our woefullly thin team at another position of need, instead of taking still another corner in round #1. Simon is right: we let another of our young talent walk for nothing. Good luck Jabari, you're a class act......

Some of you are missing an important point. You say "we've got Greer's replacement in McKelvin". Maybe we do, BUT, if we had signed (extended) our own guy LAST year, whom we knew was damn good, we wouldn't have had to spend the top pick last year on McKelvin. We could have extended Greer, AND added another top player to our woefullly thin team at another position of need, instead of taking still another corner in round #1. Simon is right: we let another of our young talent walk for nothing. Good luck Jabari, you're a class act......

Maybe so, but letting him walk this year isn't some devastating loss like simon makes it out to be.

We will just have to disrespectfully disagree :wallbash:

Respectfully, I have to disagree with you. I'm not sure why you keep harping on Florence being this "talk of the league" as it doesn't really pertain to the arguments on the table all that much. I think the Bills are in good shape at corner, but Simon made some excellent points about the future of the team. I think the only thing that Simon misses is the fact that the McGee vs. Greer thing is debatable. But it doesn't matter because the choice was either letting Greer go, holding on to McGee for another season and hoping one of our other CBs strikes gold, or re-signing him for the future, waiting for McGee's contract to expire.

The way the Bills did it is fine. For this season. Our future isn't necessarily in doubt and the Bills have a lot of decent corners and I'm curious to see at the end of the year who we have playing well and how it will all workout. That said, McGee has been much of an injury riddled player, and has looked poor when playing off his man. I think this season he has the opportunity to really make a splash in his last with the team, or could prove to be more expendable than Greer. We shall see. One thing's for sure, as I said earlier, the Bills are prepared.

That I can live with. :wallbash:

Simon, how much more can they realistically be expected to do with the secondary? They all but completely dedicated 2 of 3 drafts to it, AND signed free agents. Screw it. We are losing Brother. Making the secondary an NFL Team's top priority doesn't work. It is utterly impossible to win this way, except in the weak football mind(s) of Dick Levy.

They tried for Coles. Maybe they will sign Holt. At least they are thinking of something else besides a secondary which will get burned over and over if there is a poor pass rush, poor run defense, and an offense that can't get a yard on 3rd and 1.

Simon, how much more can they realistically be expected to do with the secondary? They all but completely dedicated 2 of 3 drafts to it, AND signed free agents. Screw it. We are losing Brother. Making the secondary an NFL Team's top priority doesn't work. It is utterly impossible to win this way, except in the weak football mind(s) of Dick Levy.

They tried for Coles. Maybe they will sign Holt. At least they are thinking of something else besides a secondary which will get burned over and over if there is a poor pass rush, poor run defense, and an offense that can't get a yard on 3rd and 1.

It looks like you will get your wish this year Bill. The lines are too depleted to not spend some quality draft picks on them. I think DT is almost set, as Kyle Williams is an average starter/good backup... but DE will most likely be their focus.