Jabari signs with Saints

Simon

I'll be pissed if that's true. We should have kept him for that and let McGee walk next year.

And where does everyone get this notation that Greer is better than McGee? It's probably the same notation that people got that McGee was better Clements. You will always look better covering a #2 receiver.

I love Greer and congrats on his deal. He deserves it. But he is getting into Jim leonhard territory of overratedness.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I feel much better now.

And Florence is a sh------- pick up as a nickel because he's too long and too loose to play in the slot so they have to kick him outside and move McKelvin inside which creates unnecessary confusion and predictability in the defense.

Horseshlt; statistics are as useless for corners as they are DT's. Greer has spent teh last 4 years stuck to people like a wet stamp and McGee is little better than a victim in short area coverage.

Statistics are useless for CB's? Hogwash, YPA is the single best statistic for evaluating a receiver or corner. McGee had an elite level YPA, while Greer's was little better than average.

OK, I feel much better now.

And Florence is a sh------- pick up as a nickel because he's too long and too loose to play in the slot so they have to kick him outside and move McKelvin inside which creates unnecessary confusion and predictability in the defense.

Horseshlt; statistics are as useless for corners as they are DT's. Greer has spent teh last 4 years stuck to people like a wet stamp and McGee is little better than a victim in short area coverage.

what the hell are you talking about???

Why don't you do your homework first before you type.

Florence was regarded as an elite zone nickel back db for San Diego. Got 10 Ints in a few years and lots of pass breakups etc. etc. He did so well as a Nickel Back DB, some team (the Jaguars) made a bad decision and offered him a $36Million 6 year contract believing that they were going to get a starting DB. Well they were wrong, he failed and was their nickel back DB. Obviously paying $6 Million a year for a Nickel back DB is too much so they cut his ass.

Now Buffalo picks up a high quality Nickel back DB for about $3Million a year.

Meanwhile if we would of kept Greer, we would of had to of either put Greer, Mcgee Or McKelvin at the Nickelback position.

So by losing Greer, we save about $3Million a year, we will most likely not have any drop off at the starting DB positions because Mcgee will be the same and hopefully McKelvin will be as good if not better than Greer. (that is the plan right?)

And now we have Florence, a very high end Nickelback Corner playing the slot, which should be an upgrade of what Mckelvin was last year to us at the Nickelback.

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner.

He's not our best cover man. The Bills drafted his replacement last year. That's what good teams do. Greer was not worth the $20M over 4 years the team was offering him. If it comes down to a choice of Greer vs. McGee, the front office made the right choice (for once). As for Florence, if he plays like he did in San Diego, he'll be just fine. Corners do have off-years... even the good ones.

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner. And the fact that we even had to replace him is the problem. It would be nice if the Bills instead of moving laterally (or in this case backwards) actually kept their own players and made additions to the team.

amen. I am so !@#$ing sick of this franchise letting their best walk!

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner. And the fact that we even had to replace him is the problem. It would be nice if the Bills instead of moving laterally (or in this case backwards) actually kept their own players and made additions to the team.

Our best cover man is and has been McGee. The Bills signed Florence as a place holder for Youboty or McKelvin, whoever is the slowest developer. And he's also good insurance against injury. You don't pay $6 mill a year for a place holder/ insurance player.

Now if we don't sign McGee either, hopefully THIS year, it will start to be a problem.

Statistics are useless for CB's? Hogwash, YPA is the single best statistic for evaluating a receiver or corner. McGee had an elite level YPA, while Greer's was little better than average.

After watching McGee spend the last two years constantly being turned around while Greer spent every down in his opponent's pocket, any statistic that claims McGee was the better corner is hogwash.

If you would have asked any before last season who they would rather have, Florence or Greer, it won't have been close.

Considering that Greer is quicker, smarter, plays with better technique and executes with far more focus than Drayton ever will, I agree it wouldn't have been close.

what the hell are you talking about???

Why don't you do your homework first before you type.

My homework? Are you kidding me?

Here's some homework for you: Compare and contrast that Chargers front7 with the Bills current front7 and describe how any disparity will effect corners in the past, present and future.

And when Bills opponents are holding the ball for 38:00 a game and racking up first downs at will because we can't cover anybody inside 12 yards, then come back and tell me how wise the Bills front office was to replace a tight focused player like Greer with a loose brainfart like Florence just so they could maintain their 25million dollar cushion from the salary cap.

And re: all the comments about McGee, what exactly in the Bills recent history makes anybody think for even a split second they're going to pay him next year?

You watch them let McGee walk and then blow yet another high pick on a corner.

by not overspending to keep Greer the Bills will actually be able to resign McGee

Although I think Greer turned himself into a solid player he was overrated by a lot of people on this board and certainly isnt worth the 6 mil a year we were starting to hear he wanted

After watching McGee spend the last two years constantly being turned around while Greer spent every down in his opponent's pocket, any statistic that claims McGee was the better corner is hogwash.

Considering that Greer is quicker, smarter, plays with better technique and executes with far more focus than Drayton ever will, I agree it wouldn't have been close.

My homework? Are you kidding me?

Here's some homework for you: Compare and contrast that Chargers front7 with the Bills current front7 and describe how any disparity will effect corners in the past, present and future.

And when Bills opponents are holding the ball for 38:00 a game and racking up first downs at will because we can't cover anybody inside 12 yards, then come back and tell me how wise the Bills front office was to replace a tight focused player like Greer with a loose brainfart like Florence just so they could maintain their 25million dollar cushion from the salary cap.

You didn't say anything that supports Greer's cause.

All you said is that San Diego's front seven is better than ours.

You obviously either forgot or never knew how Florence was seen through out the NFL as a Zone Nickel back DB.

Florence is what he is, a very good nickelback DB.

Greer is a good starting Tampa 2 DB. That we know, is he gonna be a good DB in a normal defense. We don't know. My guess is that he will be.

I value Greer more than Florence. But considering we all ready have Mcgee and McKelvin, which will be our two starting DB's barring injury, I am very happy to have Florence as someone who will compete and most likely win out the starting Nickelbacker.

Also, you really shouldn't type nonsense like saying that Florence is a defender not built to be in the slot or nickelback DB. Because it really makes you look like you don't know what your talking about. That is where he made his name.

Just so you know, here is what Rotoworld thinks:

The Saints didn't learn their lesson with Jason David. Still desperate at CB, New Orleans adds another product of the Tampa 2. Greer is a better athlete than David, but wasn't a shutdown corner in Buffalo, missed a month and a half last year with a knee injury, and has four picks in 70 career games. He isn't a noticeable upgrade over Randall Gay, Tracy Porter, or Usama Young

And re: all the comments about McGee, what exactly in the Bills recent history makes anybody think for even a split second they're going to pay him next year?

You watch them let McGee walk and then blow yet another high pick on a corner.

Because we made an offer for Greer this year. Another words, we made an attempt to retain him. Now that Greer isn't here and we don't have 2 starting quality db's (unless Youbouty or Corner can show something) we will be under more pressure to get him resigned.

That's why

You obviously either forgot or never knew how Florence was seen through out the NFL as a Zone Nickel back DB.

You do realize that's a left-handed compliment, right?

Also, you really shouldn't type nonsense like saying that Florence is a defender not built to be in the slot or nickelback DB. Because it really makes you look like you don't know what your talking about. That is where he made his name.

When the season rolls around and you realize Florence can't play the slot maybe you'll change your tune. Unless of course you read something that says different.

Just so you know, here is what Rotoworld thinks:

The Saints didn't learn their lesson with Jason David. Still desperate at CB, New Orleans adds another product of the Tampa 2. Greer is a better athlete than David, but wasn't a shutdown corner in Buffalo, missed a month and a half last year with a knee injury, and has four picks in 70 career games. He isn't a noticeable upgrade over Randall Gay, Tracy Porter, or Usama Young

Why would I give a flying !@#$ at a rolling doughnut what some clueless hack on some internet site says? Unlike you, I form my opinions on players by actually watching them play, not on what somebody else says about them.

The franchise didn't. Greer was probably 3rd and it could be argued that he was about the same level as Florence.

He was our number one priority to re-sign. Greer was our best cover guy and if he was a couple inches taller he would be a perennial probowler. I am still !@#$ing irate that we left Pat Williams go so don't even get me started. Every year we let our top free agents go and then sign dog sh-- to replace them. No wonder we have been mediocre at best since the Titans playoff game. Mediocre is a euphemism. I would say we sucked the past 10 years! Truth hurts

Just looked up McKelvin's stats, and letting Jabari go was completely worth it. He had a very,very good rookie campaign. Greer had a very good year as well, but removing the dolphins game, and adding 2007... McGee is the better corner.

Leodis McKelvin, Buffalo Bills

Season Totals: 39 attempts, 6.13 YPA, 35.90 Forced INC%, 3 TDs, 2 INTs

My two cents: McKelvin had a rough start to his rookie season, but pulled it all together by the end of the year. McKelvin played great against the Jets, Broncos, and Patriots to end the season. Over that three game stretch McKelvin had a YPA of 4.4 and a forced incompletion percentage of 50. He also didn’t allow a TD during that stretch. I would imagine that the Bills would have McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, and Terrence McGee as their top three CBs next season.

Jabari Greer, Buffalo Bills

Season Totals: 47 attempts, 5.81 YPA, 42.55 Forced INC%, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

My two cents: The Bills probably have the deepest CB rotation in the NFL. Jabari Greer, Terrence McGee, Ashton Youboty, and Leodis McKelvin are all starting quality CBs. While they all might be solid, only Greer stood out in 2008. Greer missed the final six games thanks to an injury, but he played great in those first ten games. Jabari Greer is an unrestricted free agent and likely won’t be re-signed by Buffalo considering the youthful depth they have at the position. While you might not know much about Greer, believe me, you want your team to sign him.

Terrence McGee, Buffalo Bills

Season Totals: 101 attempts, 8.16 YPA, 29.70 Forced INC%, 1 TD, 3 INTs

My two cents: I decided to put Terrence McGee at number 50 for how well he played before his injury. He obviously rushed himself back as evident from the disaster which was the Dolphins game in Week eight. McGee was thrown at 13 times, 12 of those passes were completed, and he allowed 212 yards (most by any CB this season). McGee is better than that, but the game still happened. If McGee wasn’t ready to play in the game, then he should have watched it from the sideline. There is no reason to rush back from an injury if it means your team will suffer. While many people may consider it a heroic effort, I consider it selfish. I have little doubt that McGee will bounce back in 2009, but with Leodis McKelvin emerging, McGee likely won’t be the Bills CB1.

in 2007 McGee had a YPA of 5.8 and didn't allow a catch longer than 25 yards

http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/index.php?show...mp;#entry256416