Jabari signs with Saints

Simon

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What hole did we create? We've got McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty and Corner.

I don't see any holes. We replaced him.

Agreed. We were definitely prepared for this, and losing Greer means almost nothing to me at this point.

I expected to lose Greer.....but it doesnt make it hurt any less he is a quality guy and player.

Good luck Jabari...thank you for not going to the patriots

I completely agree--best of luck in the Big Easy, Jabari!

What hole did we create? We've got McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty and Corner.

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner. And the fact that we even had to replace him is the problem. It would be nice if the Bills instead of moving laterally (or in this case backwards) actually kept their own players and made additions to the team.

Will be interesting to see what the terms are like when they come out. But I think Jabari Greer is a far superior than Drayton Florence and I guess this is all superfluous until we find out how much he got payed but if it was within proximity to what Florence is making I would much rather of had Greer. Florence stinks I.M.O.

Yeah, we replaced our best coverman with a nickel corner. And the fact that we even had to replace him is the problem. It would be nice if the Bills instead of moving laterally (or in this case backwards) actually kept their own players and made additions to the team.

I completely agree with you, but I just don't feel that applies to this position. IMO, I would have rather kept Greer over McGee, as I do believe he is our best cover man. But the man is a free agent, the hole is already there, you either sign him or sign someone else. Either way, you've got to sign someone. It wasn't like we cut him, created a hole, and now have to sign someone when the player we cut was already under contract (Dockery).

We replaced Greer with someone cheaper (albeit not as good), but the idea is that McKelvin is ready to step into the role. If we chose to not re-sign McGee next year, that will really make me mad, but McGee is our best all around corner, and McKelvin needs to be given this opportunity. There isn't enough room for 3 starting corners, so we got rid of one, signed a nickle guy, and saved some cash.

No

you don't get it. If you did, you would of never have made the comment. We did not replace Greer with Florence. Greer is going to be replaced by McKelvin, and McKelvin is getting replaced by either Florence, Corner or Youbouty.

So this was not a lateral or backward move.

If you break it down you will see. The idea is that McKelvin will be as good if not better than Greer (which is very possible) and expected, and that Florence will be better than what McKelvin was last year at the Nickel spot.

Just so you know, Florence was considered going into last year as one of the elite Nickel backers in the league for Sandiego. He was heavily sought after and therefore got the mega contract from Jaguars. He was put into the starting #2 role cb and failed. Therefore he was cut.

So now we got Florence for a good deal.

:wallbash:

And there goes the Buffalo's best cover man as the Bills continue to create holes seemingly for the express purpose of having to fill them.

Nobody lies back and thinks of England like the Buffalo Bills.......

Jabari goes to New Orleans

McGee is a far better cover man, and almost all statistical measures are in his favor. In fact, when McGee hits the open market he will command $8-10 million a year.

He signed for just under 6 mil a year. We let him go over that? I'm sorry, but we should have kept him for that.

F-bomb, I wonder how much of it was guaranteed. I watched a lot of Jag's game last year and I can tell you that Jabari was significantly better than Florence (who was awful, although granted the Jags did not have much of a pass rush). However 6 mil annual salary is quite a jump from Florence reported salary of 3.3 million

If you would have asked any before last season who they would rather have, Florence or Greer, it won't have been close. Florence was a much higher regarded player who had a bad season.

I like Greer but he was an undrafted free agent (so we put little into getting him) and probably upgrade the overall corner back rotation at a cheaper price.

Florence was heavily sought after and therefore got the mega contract from Jaguars. He was put into the starting #2 role cb and failed.

OK, I feel much better now.

And Florence is a sh------- pick up as a nickel because he's too long and too loose to play in the slot so they have to kick him outside and move McKelvin inside which creates unnecessary confusion and predictability in the defense.

McGee is a far better cover man, and almost all statistical measures are in his favor.

Horseshlt; statistics are as useless for corners as they are DT's. Greer has spent teh last 4 years stuck to people like a wet stamp and McGee is little better than a victim in short area coverage.

I agree. Yes, Greer was our best cover corner, but he isn't as versatile as McGee and he definitely wasn't worth whatever the Saints paid for him. Greer has had one good year. We got McKelvin for a reason last year. If McGee is resigned, then no big deal. McGee and McKelvin make for two quality starting corners in this league. Elite?....no. Solid...yes. Florence, Youboty and Corner make for great depth and in specific situations.

I'd rather see that 6-8 million that Greer wanted per year on a more pressing need...defensive line.

I actually support and agree with Buffalo's management on this one. Yikes, maybe the world is ending!