Ask Tim Graham

Lori

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim

In the run up just before Peters was traded I kept hearing and reading how highly the Bills thought of Demetrius Bell and that they were really going to try to get him into the starting OL- now not so much- so was all the Bell talk just a smokescreen for Peters or is something else going on?

Tim, great stats on your ESPN blog today, very informative.

What was Hangartner's Point of Attack?

Thanks! I love KC Joyner's work. I find it fascinating, and it feeds my stat needs.

Sorry, but I don't have Hangartner's POA numbers. KC provided only the AFC East breakdown.

Tim,

I didn't realize until this moment that I have to hate you...you B-W Yellowjacket....I remember getting my ass kicked on astroturf at BW as a young undergrad (it was one of those games where the scoreboard resembled a slot machine--I think it ended like 62-0--your kicker's leg got tired of kicking extra points)...

JoeF

Marietta '83

Losers of 17 in a row while JoeF played

PS. I forgive you....those OAC schools are centers of academic and division III athletic excellence.

Tim,

I didn't realize until this moment that I have to hate you...you B-W Yellowjacket....I remember getting my ass kicked on astroturf at BW as a young undergrad (it was one of those games where the scoreboard resembled a slot machine--I think it ended like 62-0--your kicker's leg got tired of kicking extra points)...

JoeF

Marietta '83

Losers of 17 in a row while JoeF played

PS. I forgive you....those OAC schools are centers of academic and division III athletic excellence.

Great baseball program down there, though. I went to B-W from 1989-93. Our football team was good back then, right before the Mount Union dynasty kicked into full gear.

Thanks for the scoop on Pisa, and condolences on the laptop, Tim.

And I guess the Bills aren't the only AFC E team with issues at RB:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-43/...A-from-OTA.html

Is there an outside chance that Shonn Greene is their opening-day starter?

I didn't have any feelings for this computer like I have my previous ones. Reliability wasn't a strong suit. It's the computer that crashed my last night at the Buffalo News in the HSBC Arena press box, preventing me from writing my farewell story.

The Jets will settle up with Washington for sure. Maybe Jones, too.

Great baseball program down there, though. I went to B-W from 1989-93. Our football team was good back then, right before the Mount Union dynasty kicked into full gear.

We just made the D-III regionals again. We didn't win the conference tourney but snuck in by making the final game and having a tough schedule with a few clutch wins. The rest of the conference is catching up to us.

We won two D-III series when I was in school (1981 and 1983). I grew up with the Schaly's -- Don Schaly was a great coach who built the program from scratch and died within two years of retiring. He was like a second dad to all of us who played any sport at MC. He was the classic curmudgeon with a huge heart, but I digress.

The Mount is amazing in football -- but BW and Wittenberg were dominant when I was there.

I knew you had great roots--an OAC man!

We just made the D-III regionals again. We didn't win the conference tourney but snuck in by making the final game and having a tough schedule with a few clutch wins. The rest of the conference is catching up to us.

We won two D-III series when I was in school (1981 and 1983). I grew up with the Schaly's -- Don Schaly was a great coach who built the program from scratch and died within two years of retiring. He was like a second dad to all of us who played any sport at MC. He was the classic curmudgeon with a huge heart, but I digress.

The Mount is amazing in football -- but BW and Wittenberg were dominant when I was there.

I knew you had great roots--an OAC man!

You would have been at Marietta when Terry Mulholland was there, right?

You would have been at Marietta when Terry Mulholland was there, right?

Exactly. The last time I spoke with Terry was probably four years ago.

Funny story. One of my work study jobs was to help Coach Schaly and Paul Spear (our lead trainer) with fitness training for the team in January and February before baseball season. I would help the training staff put the team through their weight and aerobic training. I almost killed Terry one day. Marietta is very hilly and we would do repeats on the hill up to Marietta Memorial hospital. One day on about the 3rd time up the hill -- I stayed back to push the laggards and I look at Terry about halfway up the hill and he's white as a ghost. I grab him, sit him down, tell him to stay--grab a wheel chair and push him 150 yards or so to the emergency room. Terry never had to run hills again. I was relentless in teasing him -- gave him an academy award at the post season banquet.

He had a decent career--the no hitter, lots of stops along the way. Wonderful and humble guy.

I didn't have any feelings for this computer like I have my previous ones. Reliability wasn't a strong suit. It's the computer that crashed my last night at the Buffalo News in the HSBC Arena press box, preventing me from writing my farewell story.

The Jets will settle up with Washington for sure. Maybe Jones, too.

You've had bad luck with technology lately: losing that Brickbreaker game and now this? ESPN doesn't provide you with a snazzy computer?