Ask Tim Graham

Lori

Ha! Competition. He'd be lucky to even land a gig in the NFL as a practice player.

I think Tim's response should point out to you that you're most likely wrong about your assessment. Add to that, he is ineligible to be an NFL practice player, and you come off as someone who isn't paying attention to what goes on in the NFL.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for taking your time to ans our questions Mr. Tim Graham. Jason Peters seems to be the key to Buffalo future keep him, and pay him a boat load of money (which I am opposed) or trade him for a bunch of Pics which could really set your team up for quite a few years. Buffalo has to compete with New England before it competes with the rest of the league. I do not hold any Ill will towards Jason, he deserves every penny someone will pay him just like any other working person. He is just not as dominating as he thinks

Hey Tim,

After a little time for reflection, I was wondering what you could give us about the Bills offseason plan. I'm one of those (apparent majority) that loves the TO signing and thinks it makes the 2009 Buffalo Bills better than the 2008 edition. But since he was only cut - unexpectedly - after free agency started, I was wondering what the Bills' plan that they had entering free agency looked like. Do you think they achieved the goals they set out to achieve? And if so, minus TO, are you surprised by how modest it seems? Even the Coles move was something that happened on the eve of free agency. What was the inner circle talking about from Jan. 1 to Feb 25? Thanks for the help.

Hey Tim,

After a little time for reflection, I was wondering what you could give us about the Bills offseason plan. I'm one of those (apparent majority) that loves the TO signing and thinks it makes the 2009 Buffalo Bills better than the 2008 edition. But since he was only cut - unexpectedly - after free agency started, I was wondering what the Bills' plan that they had entering free agency looked like. Do you think they achieved the goals they set out to achieve? And if so, minus TO, are you surprised by how modest it seems? Even the Coles move was something that happened on the eve of free agency. What was the inner circle talking about from Jan. 1 to Feb 25? Thanks for the help.

That's a helluva question. And I'm stumped for an answer. I think they winged it.

Tim two quick questions

1) The Bills allow Tom Modrak to live in Florida year round-To what degree do you feel that allowing a leader in the Bills organization to live outside the community adversely effects the team? I would think most succesful teams would not allow a vital cog to be away from the day to day operations to this degree and I dont see how it would HELP that organization.

2) If the Bills do not sign a G or C in the offseason, what round do you think they will draft one in and will they take advantage of the deep center class?

Thanks great job-Really appreciate the time you put in!

Once or twice (he writes sheepishly). I think I actually like Don Julio better. I like the oak finish.

That declaration may well earn you a permanent pass for Hammer's Lot.

(I've been told by a reliable source that Hammer is also a Don Julio fan ... :censored: )

Tim two quick questions

1) The Bills allow Tom Modrak to live in Florida year round-To what degree do you feel that allowing a leader in the Bills organization to live outside the community adversely effects the team? I would think most succesful teams would not allow a vital cog to be away from the day to day operations to this degree and I dont see how it would HELP that organization.

2) If the Bills do not sign a G or C in the offseason, what round do you think they will draft one in and will they take advantage of the deep center class?

Thanks great job-Really appreciate the time you put in!

Happy to do it, abqmarko.

1) Not a big deal at all. The guy's job is to scout college talent. Over the course of a calendar year, he's on the road more than he's at home. The Jets' top guy, for instance, lives in Memphis.

Modrak spends a lot of time in Orchard Park as it is, but if he's needed for consultation on short notice, that can be done over the phone.

He doesn't need to be breaking down film at the facility to get his job done, just like I don't need to be in Bristol, Conn., to work for ESPN. I've been there once in my life. My job is in Orchard Park, Foxborough, East Rutherford and Davie. Modrak's job is across the country. It shouldn't matter where he lives.

2) I'm not speaking from insider knowledge on what their draft board looks like at the moment, but second or third round would be appropriate. There's nobody worth taking in the first round at those positions.

That declaration may well earn you a permanent pass for Hammer's Lot.

(I've been told by a reliable source that Hammer is also a Don Julio fan ... :lol: )

Believe it or not, top-shelf tequilas are being evaluated more like fine wines these days. There's some great stuff out there. It's not for shots anymore. Although it still works for that, too.

2) I'm not speaking from insider knowledge on what their draft board looks like at the moment, but second or third round would be appropriate. There's nobody worth taking in the first round at those positions.

Tim, I take this to mean that there is nobody worth taking at #11 at OC and/or OG. Is this what you meant, or are you saying that nobody at these positions is worthy of being selected in round one at all this season?

I ask because I think that if they have a partner, it might be wise to trade down 7 or so spots for an extra 2nd.

Believe it or not, top-shelf tequilas are being evaluated more like fine wines these days. There's some great stuff out there. It's not for shots anymore. Although it still works for that, too.

I'm no tequila aficionado, but I'd like to think I know my booze, in general. Unfortunately, a mis-spent youth drinking far too much cheap tequila (Cuervo Gold, and such), made the smell of tequila unbearable to me, for many years (vomit reflex).

Patron was the tequila that put me back on tequila, 10-15 years ago. I still like it a lot. There are many other great tequilas, of course (including Don Julio, and the underrated Herradura), but Patron holds a special place for me, for putting tequila back in my repertoire.

And, while I avoid Cuervo, as a rule, a few years ago I had the distinct pleasure of trying José Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Anejo, at Tres Agaves in SF. For those who haven't tried it, put your Cuervo prejudices aside, and try to find a glass at a good upscale Mexican Restaurant.

http://www.drinkhacker.com/2008/11/25/revi...a-2008-edition/

Hey Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on this forum. Sorry if this question has already been answered but, in your humble opinion, if the Bills were to trade Jason Peters, what do you think they realistically could get for him? a 1st round pick? a 2nd? Thanks!

Tim, I take this to mean that there is nobody worth taking at #11 at OC and/or OG. Is this what you meant, or are you saying that nobody at these positions is worthy of being selected in round one at all this season?

I ask because I think that if they have a partner, it might be wise to trade down 7 or so spots for an extra 2nd.

All of the draft evaluators I have spoken to say center or guard would be a slight reach even at the back end of the first round, but if you're picking there, you're probably a good team. And if a team anywhere from about No. 25 and beyond wanted a center or guard, then it's appropriate to take one to fill the need.

I spent 3 months on assignment down in Michoacan. They taught me the fine art of tequila drinking and how good Cuban cigars are.

For the money Cassadorres isn't bad either.

Timbo, any insight on what the Bills are thinking in the draft? To me, they way the talent lines up with what the Bills really need, this draft is screaming for them to trade down.

Happy to do it, abqmarko.

1) Not a big deal at all. The guy's job is to scout college talent. Over the course of a calendar year, he's on the road more than he's at home. The Jets' top guy, for instance, lives in Memphis.

Modrak spends a lot of time in Orchard Park as it is, but if he's needed for consultation on short notice, that can be done over the phone.

He doesn't need to be breaking down film at the facility to get his job done, just like I don't need to be in Bristol, Conn., to work for ESPN. I've been there once in my life. My job is in Orchard Park, Foxborough, East Rutherford and Davie. Modrak's job is across the country. It shouldn't matter where he lives.

Thanks Tim, not trying to slice atoms but do the succesful teams-ie' Colts, Pats and Steelers allow their respective Modrak counterparts to live outside of the area they work in. I'd be curious, not sure if they follow the practice of the Jets and Bills.