Chiefs not exactly denying a possible Waters trade...

Chiefs coach Todd Haley refused to discuss G Brian Waters' release/trade request at a press conference Monday.

"I’m in the business of trying to win football games," Haley said. "I’m still in the process of finding coaches. I don’t have a lot of time to worry about those things right now." Waters is KC's best interior offensive lineman.

Source: Kansas City Star

He didnt say thats hes on the block but this isnt the opposite either.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley refused to discuss G Brian Waters' release/trade request at a press conference Monday.

"I’m in the business of trying to win football games," Haley said. "I’m still in the process of finding coaches. I don’t have a lot of time to worry about those things right now." Waters is KC's best interior offensive lineman.

Source: Kansas City Star

He didnt say thats hes on the block but this isnt the opposite either.

Is it technically plagiarism if you do not cite the author?

It says Kansas City Star there buddy.

Did you want me to let everyone know that it went through rotoworld too? The original author is the Kansas City Star

Did you want me to let everyone know that it went through rotoworld too? The original author is the Kansas City Star

...Are you kidding me right now? I wasn't trying to rile you up, I just hate it when journalists get their names removed from their work.

...Are you kidding me right now? I wasn't trying to rile you up, I just hate it when journalists get their names removed from their work.

Attributing to the paper, not the specific writer, is OK in this case. And if the quote came from a press conference, it's actually fair game. I'd imagine -- I hope, anyway -- that Rotoworld also linked back to the source, Adam Teicher's ChiefsBlog, but they didn't do anything wrong here.

Is that WrestleMania III? You'll flame me for this, but I always felt that match was a bit overrated.

Ahhhhhh, the good old days. Back when it was the WWF and Vince was pumping steroids in all. Yep, Hulkamania was truly running wild :thumbsup:

I've been out of touch all day -- is Buffalo trying to trade for Waters? Or is it just "some team" and we're hoping Buffalo is in the mix?

There is a rumor from Rotoworld that the Bills are talking to the Chiefs about this.

Brian Waters-G- Chiefs Mar. 1 - 8:24 pm et

The Bills are interested in disgruntled Chiefs G Brian Waters, a "trusted source" tells Scout.com.

Like Shaun Rogers in Cleveland, Waters is upset with the new coaching staff and front office, which wouldn't meet with him one-on-one. Buffalo could use the help after releasing Derrick Dockery. Waters can play center and guard.

Source: scout.com

Related: Bills

I've been out of touch all day -- is Buffalo trying to trade for Waters? Or is it just "some team" and we're hoping Buffalo is in the mix?

We know Waters is unhappy and has asked for either a trade or release. A writer from an Internet fan site alleges, through a "trusted source," that the Bills would be interested in making a deal.

Here's the real question: are the Chiefs? Because if they don't feel like granting Waters' wish, it doesn't matter how badly the Bills (or anyone else) might want him.

We know Waters is unhappy and has asked for either a trade or release. A writer from an Internet fan site alleges, through a "trusted source," that the Bills would be interested in making a deal.

Here's the real question: are the Chiefs? Because if they don't feel like granting Waters' wish, it doesn't matter how badly the Bills (or anyone else) might want him.

There's always a price that can be met. The question is will it be a price the Bills will meet. Also Pioli may not want to eff over the Pets* by trading him to Buffalo. After all they just gave him a great deal on a QB and LB. :thumbsup:

Is that WrestleMania III? You'll flame me for this, but I always felt that match was a bit overrated.

Are you kidding?? That is easily one of the top 5-10 matches of ALL TIME!!!!!

That was a fantastic match. Told a great story with fantastic in-ring work. Can't ask for more!

Anyways, as for Waters, I would love the Bills to get him. He next to Peters would make up one of, if not the best left sides in the league. I don't want the Bills to go crazy here because the guy only has probably 2-3 more really good years, but I would definitely hope they do everything they can to get him (within reason).

Attributing to the paper, not the specific writer, is OK in this case. And if the quote came from a press conference, it's actually fair game. I'd imagine -- I hope, anyway -- that Rotoworld also linked back to the source, Adam Teicher's ChiefsBlog, but they didn't do anything wrong here.

Well then, give us a link. I'm with Murra on this. If your source is a newspaper rather than the net, explain that. If you got it from Rotoworld, link to the story on Rotoworld.

And yeah, it would be a success, but the Chiefs are unlikely to settle for a fifth. It will likely cost more than that.

My favorite wrestling match was Dan Gable's run through the Olympics. Never to be equalled.

Well then, give us a link. I'm with Murra on this. If your source is a newspaper rather than the net, explain that. If you got it from Rotoworld, link to the story on Rotoworld.

The source is listed, but I absolutely agree with including a link -- in fact, for anything longer than that excerpt, I insist on one. It still doesn't fit the definition of plagiarism, though. Short excerpts like this one meet the definition of "fair use."

And believe me, after another local paper lifted chunks of a story I wrote back in January without bothering to attribute, I'm all about tarring and feathering plagiarists.

There's always a price that can be met. The question is will it be a price the Bills will meet. Also Pioli may not want to eff over the Pets* by trading him to Buffalo. After all they just gave him a great deal on a QB and LB. :thumbsup:

Might be a good time to make the deal. With the Chiefs getting their franchise QB and a solid LB for just a 2nd rounder, they will have to get equal value for a 32 year disgruntled guard. If they ask a high price from the Bills, they will only fan the flames of cooersion (sp?) between the Pats and themselves.