Coles Decision Today?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/...ls-or-dolphins/

Although nothing REALLY groundbreaking in the article, it does mention a decision could come as early as today.

Doesnt really matter, he's not coming to Buffalo. I think he's always planned on going home to Florida and being with his buddy Chad. I think his visit here was, just as the Daily News speculated, just for appearances and to perhaps get an idea where to start his contract negotiations with Miami.

Sorry, but methinks we're going to have another "F THE BILLS, THE FO SUXORS!!!1!" post explosion tonight once news hits he's signed with Miami.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/01/...ls-or-dolphins/

Although nothing REALLY groundbreaking in the article, it does mention a decision could come as early as today.

Doesnt really matter, he's not coming to Buffalo. I think he's always planned on going home to Florida and being with his buddy Chad. I think his visit here was, just as the Daily News speculated, just for appearances and to perhaps get an idea where to start his contract negotiations with Miami.

Sorry, but methinks we're going to have another "F THE BILLS, THE FO SUXORS!!!1!" post explosion tonight once news hits he's signed with Miami.

If we do not sign Coles with all of this cap space and $...something is wrong with us.

Coles = $$$$$ = People in seats at the Ralph

IS THIS FRANCHISE NUTS?!

The Bills FO sucks anyway.

But I'll be checking the sites throughout the day to see where he goes. I hope we get him, if only for the sake of him NOT going to Miami. We need to sign someone we've heard of. But as you say, all signs point to him signing with Miami. Money talks, though. We'll see...

If we do not sign Coles with all of this cap space and $...something is wrong with us.

Coles = $$$$$ in the seats at the Ralph

IS THIS FRANCHISE NUTS?!

I dont think money has anything to do with it. I just cant imagine Coles WANTING to come here when a team like Miami would gladly take him.

Lets compare the pros of his decision.

Pros for playing in Miami

----------------------

Return home to the state of Florida

Re-unite with good friend and starting QB Chad Pennington

Play for AFC East Champion

Work with Bill Parcells

Money

Pros for playing in Buffalo

------------------------

Money

I'm not a guy who thinks the Bills dont spend money. They definitely do, and they'll get their share of FAs this year (wait until tomorrow when they announce...oops, cant say that yet... :thumbdown: ) but I dont see any incentive for Coles to choose Buffalo over Miami

The Bills FO sucks anyway.

But I'll be checking the sites throughout the day to see where he goes. I hope we get him, if only for the sake of him NOT going to Miami. We need to sign someone we've heard of. But as you say, all signs point to him signing with Miami. Money talks, though. We'll see...

Has anyone even heard of any other interest in him? I'm not sure that he has even made any other visits than to OBD. I still wouldnt put it past Tuna to come in late and get him on a lowball deal.

Has anyone even heard of any other interest in him? I'm not sure that he has even made any other visits than to OBD. I still wouldnt put it past Tuna to come in late and get him on a lowball deal.

What a great weekend for the 'Fins, Pats, and Jets... all have upgraded, all have former and/or potential Bills FAs on their rosters!

I'm going out on a limb and predicting the Bills either finish last in the AFC East, or, 7-9!

as much as i try to stay positive and optimistic, i always thought that Coles was here as more of a negotiating tactic. kind of like saying to miami "oooh, look at me, if you dont sign me I'll go to Buffalo" but never being really serious.

who knows? i hope we sign him but im not counting on it.

He is an immediate upgrade at as a starter in an impact position. Why dont we need him?

i hope i am wrong and he catches 100 passes if he comes to buffalo, but i am not so sure he makes that much of a difference in this offense.

I am not sure Coles is the best fit here. He's a good player but there are some other guys out there who could come year for two years and contribute while Hardy learns. Toomer, Harrison, Nate Washington, or even Clayton would not be the worst case scenario.

as much as i try to stay positive and optimistic, i always thought that Coles was here as more of a negotiating tactic. kind of like saying to miami "oooh, look at me, if you dont sign me I'll go to Buffalo" but never being really serious.

who knows? i hope we sign him but im not counting on it.

Completely agree. Coles, just like Taylor, stopped in Buffalo for one thing; contract leverage.

Completely agree. Coles, just like Taylor, stopped in Buffalo for one thing; contract leverage.

My thoughts from the beginning, kinda helps when the Bills are your

first stop. Interestingly, it's between the Phins and us, although I think

he would have had more teams courting him, but he set the bar for his

contract when he left the Jets with 6 million guaranteed.

I do hope we sign him, not that he is the only choice, but

he would be an immediate upgrade to the WR position.

I like Hardy and his potential, but expect him to be a

non-factor next year with the knee injury.

My thoughts from the beginning, kinda helps when the Bills are your

first stop. Interestingly, it's between the Phins and us, although I think

he would have had more teams courting him, but he set the bar for his

contract when he left the Jets with 6 million guaranteed.

I do hope we sign him, not that he is the only choice, but

he would be an immediate upgrade to the WR position.

I like Hardy and his potential, but expect him to be a

non-factor next year with the knee injury.

Conversely, the Bills brought Taylor in as a message to Lynch, and on the off-chance he'd want to be the 3rd RB on the depth chart. Taylor's best option was always the Pats, given their lack of RB's.

What a great weekend for the 'Fins, Pats, and Jets... all have upgraded, all have former and/or potential Bills FAs on their rosters!

I'm going out on a limb and predicting the Bills either finish last in the AFC East, or, 7-9!

Losing Favre and Coles

Gaining Scott, Lito Sheppard

and possibly gaining Leonhard which I think is a negative

to me it looks like they got worse since the end of the year.

Coles = $$$$$ = People in seats at the Ralph

IS THIS FRANCHISE NUTS?!

Are you serious with that? I hope they sign Coles, but I doubt his presence on the field sells tickets.