Total Access ... If Coles not brought into Miami in the next 48 hours

Schefter says he knows of no other team besides the Bills that have shown interest. Went on to say that if Tuna does not show interest in Miami that Coles played his cards wrong when he turned down $6MM in guaranteed money. Keep your hats on Bills fans because there is a good chance he is headed Buffalo's way. He also went on to say that prices start dropping after the first two days of FA.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter says he knows of no other team besides the Bills that have shown interest. Went on to say that if Tuna does not show interest inMiami that Coles played his cards wrong when he turned down $6MM in guaranteed money. Keep your hats on Bills fans because there is a good chance he is headed Buffalo's way. He also went on to say that prices start dropping after the first two days of FA.

Sounds like something similar to the Jason Brown situation. If that's the case...HA!

i find it odd that some of these players aren't being taken so quickly. There are a lot of players still out there. I know people are getting upset that our team isn't signing players, but the truth is, there aren't THAT many signing going on as compared to previous years. The market was small to begin with, and not many people seem to be buying and a lot of players seem to want to be in limbo to see what happens.

i find it odd that some of these players aren't being taken so quickly. There are a lot of players still out there. I know people are getting upset that our team isn't signing players, but the truth is, there aren't THAT many signing going on as compared to previous years. The market was small to begin with, and not many people seem to be buying and a lot of players seem to want to be in limbo to see what happens.

And the franchise tag was utilized by 14 teams this year, a record. There is a lot less front line talent available this year for sure and the pace of signings is slow.

This might also have to do with the poor economy, the fact that numerous NFL teams have been laying off staff, and the uncertainty over the future CBA.

It's a different free agent season than I can remember.

And the franchise tag was utilized by 14 teams this year, a record. There is a lot less front line talent available this year for sure and the pace of signings is slow.

This might also have to do with the poor economy, the fact that numerous NFL teams have been laying off staff, and the uncertainty over the future CBA.

It's almost a mirror of the baseball offseason...a couple of the big guys got paid early and everyone else assumed it would be business as usual but the money just isn't flowing like it usually does.

Teams have been more prone to lock up their own players. It has been a quiet FA period.

Coles would INSTANTLY improve our offense, I don't care what any of the haters have to say. He's an improvement over anything we already have after Evans. If we can now add a pass catching TE in the draft and sur up the OG spot, we will be dramatically better next season on offense.

So we would get him by default basically. Great. :doh: I guess it's better than not getting him.

We do not have to sign him .... however tell me that he is not an upgrade over any receiver, other than Evans, that is currently on our roster. You sign him Reed also goes to the slot where he belongs and is much more of a threat.

I don't think it would be out of the question for him to return to the Jets for less money.

You may be right.

Hopefully we get him, it would be nice to get some excitement. The signing of Hangartner is more practical and effective in my view, but the signing of Coles brings more excitement and PA value, plus he is a productive WR that is proven and it would definitely be an upgrade of what we had last year. If we don't get him, thats fine, we have a young buck in Johnson that I believe will have a good year.