Am I the only one

BeastMode54

What are we doing. We cut Dockery and Royal, free up even more cap space that the astronomical amount that we are currently under the cap, and the only news we get today is about Laverneus Coles, Fitzpatrick, and an injured Kendall Simmons. No Birk, Saturday, Housh, Jason Brown, nothing. What are we gonna spend this money on. I for one, was excited for the start of free agency, but I fear we won't do much of anything. I know it's early, but we hanve't even been mentioned as a rumor. The Jets get Bart SCott, the Dolphins get Gibril Wilson, Crowder and maybe Brown, the Pats get Fred Taylor. WHAT ARE WE DOING???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are we doing. We cut Dockery and Royal, free up even more cap space that the astronomical amount that we are currently under the cap, and the only news we get today is about Laverneus Coles, Fitzpatrick, and an injured Kendall Simmons. No Birk, Saturday, Housh, Jason Brown, nothing. What are we gonna spend this money on. I for one, was excited for the start of free agency, but I fear we won't do much of anything. I know it's early, but we hanve't even been mentioned as a rumor. The Jets get Bart SCott, the Dolphins get Gibril Wilson, Crowder and maybe Brown, the Pats get Fred Taylor. WHAT ARE WE DOING???

Yes because the Bills jumping in on the first day of free agency has worked so well the past few years. They should do it again! :doh:

Just over 11 hours and we haven't signed anyone? DOOOOMMED!

Take a step back and look at the other midnight signings we've made: Jeff Posey, Derrick Dockery. 0-for-2 is you ask me. So what's the big rush?

PTR

I agree. But the facts are is that Buffalo is not an attractive sight: Undertainties about coaching, their dismal performance; questionable reputation(old and cheap) of the owner and the area itself create a tough sell.

Just over 11 hours and we haven't signed anyone? DOOOOMMED!

Take a step back and look at the other midnight signings we've made: Jeff Posey, Derrick Dockery. 0-for-2 is you ask me. So what's the big rush?

PTR

we're not doomed, but I think I've read at least every other team in the NFL at least be mentioned to a FA and we haven't

Patient my friend ... there have been very few signings thus far ... It was not likely that the Bills were going to do any blockbuster moves this year.

Saturday re-signed with the Colts. It's disappointing but there's not much you can do. Jason Brown landed in St. Louis with a huge offer and decided not to leave.

And honestly I'm not convinced Coles would be a terrible signing. He's younger than Housh, and put up bigger career numbers without the advantages of Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco.

we're not doomed, but I think I've read at least every other team in the NFL at least be mentioned to a FA and we haven't

4 players are visiting today(which oh by the way is the FIRST day of FA) and chances are if things go well, they will be offered contracts.

But instead you want to hear rumors linked to the Bills :doh:

PS Saturday re-signed with the Colts and Brown is reported to be signing with the Rams

I agree. But the facts are is that Buffalo is not an attractive sight: Undertainties about coaching, their dismal performance; questionable reputation(old and cheap) of the owner and the area itself create a tough sell.

Undertainties?

There HAS to be a joke in there somewhere. Hey, Beerball!

GO BILLS!!!

We're not even in the top 10 of available cap space so what are you trying to say? Signing one high-profile FA will likely clean us out since we have to overpay any decent player to play in Buffalo. Look at all the players who will play for New England for the vet minimum! How do you compete with that?

PTR

WE'RE GUNNING FOR THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE 2010 DRAFT! :doh:

You gotta figure if a team doesn't want to resign a player that perhaps there is a reason, with Haynesworth 100 mill in this economy is simply crazy. I'm hoping the Bills have learned to not over pay for some of these FA's. Jeff Saturday resigned with the Colts.

What gives me a spark of hope for this up coming season is the fact that Turk Schonert has stated the offense was stymied last season because they didn't have that receiving threat opposite Lee Evans.The fact that they recognize the problem and will attempt to fix it somehow makes me feel they might actually improve on offense.