Kevin Jones

Captain Quint

KEVIN JONES GETTING SOME LOOKS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 27, 2009, 6:32 a.m.

Former Detroit Lions first-round running back Kevin Jones has been targeted as a free agent worthy of consideration by several teams, according to a league source.

Jones is on the radar of the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, St. Louis Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Drafted in the first round out of Virginia Tech, Jones spent last season with the Chicago Bears.

He rushed for 109 yards on 34 carries last season, playing in 11 games with no starts.

Jones has 3,176 career rushing yards and 24 touchdowns with 143 career receptions for 1,011 yards and three touchdown catches.

Jones, 26, has a respectable 4.0 average per carry in 49 career starts.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

KEVIN JONES GETTING SOME LOOKS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 27, 2009, 6:32 a.m.

Former Detroit Lions first-round running back Kevin Jones has been targeted as a free agent worthy of consideration by several teams, according to a league source.

Jones is on the radar of the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, St. Louis Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Drafted in the first round out of Virginia Tech, Jones spent last season with the Chicago Bears.

He rushed for 109 yards on 34 carries last season, playing in 11 games with no starts.

Jones has 3,176 career rushing yards and 24 touchdowns with 143 career receptions for 1,011 yards and three touchdown catches.

Jones, 26, has a respectable 4.0 average per carry in 49 career starts.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Meh...I'd rather a veteran to mentor Lynch...would Dunn be a fit, there probably wouldn't be a better role model out there...

Dunn would likely be better suited for that but I don't see him coming to Buffalo. It would be nice though. Jones could be an acceptable #3 but I doubt he is much of a special teams contributor, which is something you kind of need out of any guy who is relatively buried on your depth chart.

It'll be interesting to see what shakes out by the end of the day.

Why the interest in another running back? I really like our top three, already. This doesn't make any sense to me...unless the team feels Lynch is going to be suspended. I wouldn't even comment, but this on top of Fred Taylor's visit shows the Bills are serious about acquiring another RB worthy of some carries every game.

Why the interest in another running back? I really like our top three, already. This doesn't make any sense to me...unless the team feels Lynch is going to be suspended. I wouldn't even comment, but this on top of Fred Taylor's visit shows the Bills are serious about acquiring another RB worthy of some carries every game.

I'm in the same boat, scribo. What's the need for another RB? It's as if they're going to trade Lynch or Jackson while their stocks are high.

Meh...I'd rather a veteran to mentor Lynch...would Dunn be a fit, there probably wouldn't be a better role model out there...

Lynch doesn't need a mentor. Lynch needs to stay out of trouble. Be responsible, be accountable and stay on the field. In short, grow up, stay away from the muck he's run with and appreciate what oppurtunity is in his grasp.

It shoudn't be that difficult.

OK Russ Brandon, you've made the point to Lynch that you're not happy. We get it now. Jones played for Chicago last season and didn't fare too well. IIRC, he underwent Lisfranc surgery after being hurt in Detroit. Not sure if he's a viable option, even if for depth.

Schefter confirms....

Plan B for Bills: With Buffalo losing out to New England for the services of running back Fred Taylor, the Bills could turn to former Lions and Bears free-agent running back Kevin Jones, who has drawn interest from the Bills, Jets, Rams and Buccaneers.

Buffalo is keeping busy at other positions as well. On Thursday, Buffalo hosted a visit from former San Diego and Jacksonville cornerback Drayton Florence, who also is considering a return to San Diego.

And there is something about players going back to their original team. Guard Derrick Dockery, whom Buffalo released on Thursday, could return to Washington, where he still owns a home. Dockery also is thought to have drawn interest from Detroit.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/before-the...urry-of-visits/

As has been said above, they are for whatever reason damn serious about adding a name running back. Strange.

I mentioned this a week or so ago as well. Jones is familiar with Jauron from their time in Detroit. He would serve as insurance if Lynch is going to be suspended for any amount of time. If he signs, he will back Freddie up while Lynch is serving his suspension.