Albert Haynesworth

Estro

Funny:

Maybe, as he recently said, he’ll be motivated to prove the naysayers wrong.

And maybe he won’t lose his cool and step on a guy’s unhelmeted head.

And maybe he won’t leave practice and come back with a pipe. (Not a pipe for smoking crack, but a pipe for cracking skulls.)

And maybe he’ll learn how to obey all posted speed limits and not cause accidents that require 25-year-old kids to get hip replacements.

And maybe he’ll learn how to fly, without a plane.

And maybe the Redskins finally will learn that this isn’t the way to build a championship football team.

And maybe the Redskins finally will learn that this isn’t the way to build a championship football team.

Guess not:

Redskins agreed to terms with CB DeAngelo Hall on a six-year contract with a $55 million max value. The deal includes $23 million guaranteed.

Our first post-free agency period signing is a doozy. Hall has had an up and down career, but his on-field ability cannot be questioned. The 25-year-old has the ball skills, speed, and man-to-man cover ability to be top-ten cornerback. For the second straight offseason he's getting paid like it. Only time will tell if Hall busts as badly in D.C. as he did in Oakland. The Skins will now either cut Shawn Springs or put Carlos Rogers on the trade market. Feb. 27 - 12:27 am et

Redskins also take aim at Haynesworth, Dockery

Posted: February 27th, 2009 | Steve Wyche |

The Washington Redskins .........and negotiating to bring back G Derrick Dockery, who was released by the Buffalo Bills on Thursday.

I thought they had cap troubles.

Well, I would think that this means one less team that can go after Brown.

I mean, how is this possible?

Per Schefter:

ADAM SCHEFTER

Tampa Bay working with most salary-cap space

Posted: February 26th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Free Agency 2009

On the eve of free agency, some teams are positioned too well, and others not so well. Based on numbers gathered Thursday — and these are fluid, changing with each roster move that each team makes — here are the teams with the most and least salary-cap room heading into the start of free agency.

MOST

Tampa Bay — $61 million

Kansas City — $57 million

Philadelphia — $48 million

Denver — $37 million

Green Bay — $34 million

LEAST

Carolina — $1.9 million

New England — $3.2 million

Indianapolis — $6.6 million

Pittsburgh — $7.4 million

Washington — $8.1 million

It makes me think these contracts are back loaded.

It might not always pan out for them, but at least they have an owner who will sacrifice a few of his millions to try to make his team better and win. When has Ralph done that. If Snyder would only have someone help him decide where he throws his millions, they would be a Super Bowl contender every year.

Dan Snyder is another idiot owner. This will end up like the Bruce Smith & Deion Sanders signings.

I agree he is an idiot, but I don't think the Haynesworth signing is like Deion or Bruce, they were well past their primes and Haynesworth is just entering his. As far as the Deangelo Hall signing, I do think that is going to bite Snyder right in the butt.

From PFT:

‘SKINS ANNOUNCE HAYNESWORTH DEAL

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2009, 8:26 a.m.

The Washington Redskins formally have announced that a deal has been struck with former Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth.

A press conference will be held at 5:00 p.m. EST.

It would have been earlier, but the Redskins wanted to be sure that Haynesworth didn’t get pulled over for speeding (again) as he tried to get there on time.

We’re kidding.

Sort of