Why would any self-respecting FA want to come to Buffalo??

SKOOBY

Unless there is a tub of money waiting for them, why would any FA want to come here?? We have shown little to no improvement over the past 9 years, miss the playoffs by more than a few games a majority of the time and have been basically a revolving door for the bottom dwellers of coaches. We have 0 to offer weather wise and the people are generally broke, drunken and disruptive.

I personally think that Buffalo is a players worst nightmare, a career death sentence at best. Last stop, Buffalo.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there is a tub of money waiting for them, why would any FA want to come here?? We have shown little to no improvement over the past 9 years, miss the playoffs by more than a few games a majority of the time and have been basically a revolving door for the bottom dwellers of coaches. We have 0 to offer weather wise and the people are generally broke, drunken and disruptive.

I personally think that Buffalo is a players worst nightmare, a career death sentence at best. Last stop, Buffalo.

Why would you be a fan of an organization like this? Sounds to me like you need to leave this board, and burn everything bills related.

We will all miss your great posts, though.

Stupid post. Their are worst places to end up Detroit, Cinnci,Cleveland you know places that have NEVER even gone to a superbowl, other than Cinnci but their a joke and what about Oakland, besides players are attracted to one thing only. GREEN!

Why would you be a fan of an organization like this? Sounds to me like you need to leave this board, and burn everything bills related.

We will all miss your great posts, though.

I will always be a Bills fan, I am just sick of how we find ways of screwing good things up. The only thing we haven't tried is a new owner, the rest of the parts have been replaced. Until that happens, I think we're screwed.

I will always be a Bills fan, I am just sick of how we find ways of screwing good things up. The only thing we haven't tried is a new owner, the rest of the parts have been replaced. Until that happens, I think we're screwed.

Yeah, because you can just "try a new owner". That's how it works. Just crawl into a hole somewhere.

And yeah, when you insult the city and its citizens, you deserve whatever crap you get.

What has this got to do with WNYer's being broke, drunken and disruptive?

You've been exposed. Now go away.

The fans, the history, a young team, a players' coach, one of the most respectable owners in the league, a place to play, money, relevance of location (if they're from the area)...there are a ton of reasons for any free agent to go to any team.

I actually believe that every organization has a karma or a zeitgeist that is partly determined by it's people, which includes the fans.

I choose to feel that a lot of what we portray and the type of energy we exude as Bills fans has an effect on how others perceive the Bills. And I'm not speaking metaphysically either. I mean in a real and measurable way.

Players are fans too. They read stuff and talk about other teams. Members of the media also read message boards. Tim Graham does for example and I believe most broadcasters/journalists do also.

Whether or not you buy my assertion that players/reporters read message boards, there's a trickle down or trickle up effect that connects the established media sources with the grass roots feelings towards a team. For instance, many NFL fans know that Bills fans are fed up. Logically then so do many players.

Our fans are maybe not any different from other pissed off fans. But why should we adopt the standards of behavior of others?

As such, I think it's better to keep the criticism constructive and intelligent. Fair and purposeful. I certainly don't come here to wallow in negativity, despair or defeatism. That's for losers to do.

People who are purveyors of those products really need to look in the mirror and consider if their unhappiness stems from football or elsewhere and if this negativity is affecting other things outside of football in their lives.

The fans, the history, a young team, a players' coach, one of the most respectable owners in the league, a place to play, money, relevance of location (if they're from the area)...there are a ton of reasons for any free agent to go to any team.

Thank you .... nuff said.

Yeah, because you can just "try a new owner". That's how it works. Just crawl into a hole somewhere.

And yeah, when you insult the city and its citizens, you deserve whatever crap you get.

What has this got to do with WNYer's being broke, drunken and disruptive?

You've been exposed. Now go away.

Here, here...insulting Buffalo and the fans....no wonder you've gotten so much crap on message boards the last few years. Go root for the Fish

Actually, Buffalo is a very desirable free agent location, particularly for players who live on the East Coast. Not everyone can play in Florida or New York. Buffalo's a 1-hr flight from all the major cities in the East Coast, which many players find convenient.

Cream get the money, dolla dolla bill yall.

It's hundred dolla bill y'all but huge $ is the only thing that will bring them to Buffalo. You folks need to stop being so defensive and realize that we all grew up or lived in a depressed area there that hasn't seen a good time since the steel mills closed, the wheels fell off after that.

Money is one thing. There are also players in the league not looking for a free Superbowl ring. I think some players like to build and work towards the ring to feel like they earned it. Taylor appears to be one of those people.

It's hundred dolla bill y'all but huge $ is the only thing that will bring them to Buffalo. You folks need to stop being so defensive and realize that we all grew up or lived in a depressed area there that hasn't seen a good time since the steel mills closed, the wheels fell off after that.

Aren't you just a ray of light...if you dont want the Bills then send them to me here in Los Angeles, I will be more than happy to take em...

Reasons why free agents would want to come to Buffalo

1) Money: As said by many others, it is the determining factor more times than not

2) Dick Jouron: Love or hate him, he is a players coach. He doesn't work players hard in training camp and he treats them with respect. Most players would love to play with Jouron.

3) Guys like Whitner and Robert Royal: Once again, love them or hate them they are good recruiters. When the bills have brought guys in, they usually are introduced to Royal and Whitner. They are good at selling the team and the city to free agents.

4) We have holes that need filled. Look at Langston Walker, after many poor season in Oakland, he got another opportunity to be a starting tackle in the nfl.