Bills offered Greer a contract

BeastMode54

The Bills have reportedly offered free agent CB Jabari Greer a five-year contract worth $20 million.

He's said to be eying a deal worth $7-8 million annually. Greer is likely mistaken if he thinks he'll get that much on the market. He's coming from a heavy zone scheme and missed six games last season with a knee injury.

The Bills have reportedly offered free agent CB Jabari Greer a five-year contract worth $20 million.

He's said to be eying a deal worth $7-8 million annually. Greer is likely mistaken if he thinks he'll get that much on the market. He's coming from a heavy zone scheme and missed six games last season with a knee injury.

He might not get $7 or 8 million, but he will easily get more then what the Bills are offering. The Bills' offer is typical PR spin. Teams are paying their nickel backs that much.

He might not get $7 or 8 million, but he will easily get more then what the Bills are offering. The Bills' offer is typical PR spin. Teams are paying their nickel backs that much.

I recall Marv Levy saying they'd made a contract offer to Nate Clements a few years ago. Unfortunately, you never allow top players to even come close to free agency without a contract.

They low-balled Greer, and spun it to make it look like they were interested. They knew when the contract was offered that it wouldn't be accepted. Why was it not offered back in October if they liked him that much?

He could easily get at least 50% more money than what the Bills are offering.

I would agree ... he is a good (not great) cover corner. He plays larger than his size. If the Bills offered him four MM it is probably a good starting point. They will have to see what he gets elsewhere before they make a final decision about him. I think he stays in Buffalo if the Bills match anything else on the table for him.

Not to be a tool, but I reported it. Rotoworld took it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-93/...pen-market.html

Not to be a tool, but I reported it. Rotoworld took it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-93/...pen-market.html

Tim, the market for him is certainly more than the Bills are offering, but what do you think his likely real value is this offseason? BTW, who do you also think the Bills are really likely to target, if you don't mind my asking?

We don't know if this is the 'final deal' offered. If Greer is interested in staying with the Bills, his agent will make a counter-offer. Given his recent injury, he should not be expecting the Hayden type of money. Perhaps they can agree to a shorter but more lucrative per year contract ?

I hope your right. What will probably happen is that they will test the market and see if they can get that big contract, but they will always have the Bills offer to fall back on.