Percy Harvin/Maclin at #11

I know there are some DHB lovers on this board, but in my opinion we've filled our need for a bigger receiver with the addition of James Hardy and Steve Johnson. I would love for us to give these guys a look at #11 if Raji, and whomever our #1 pass rusher, are off the board. I really hope we don't reach with this pick and if we target one of these two playmakers (especially Harvin) we could trade, add a pick and move towards the end of the 1st.

My personal preference is Harvin. For one, he'll be available later than Maclin (I think, if Harvin runs anything in the 4.3s, all bets are off) and he is a bigger, more physical player. I think he'll weigh in at 200+, giving him the ability to move everywhere on our offense, including snaps in the backfield. He does have injury red flags, but when healthy, I am of the opinion, he was the best and most dynamic player in the country. His workout could be a low-4 40, 20+ bench reps and a near-40 vert. Anyone who saw his games in college knows how dangerous of a player he is.

Little known fact: Percy Harvin scored a touchdown in 17 consecutive games to end his career at Florida. And those are real deal defenses, folks.

Although my ideal draft would be Raji in the 1st, I think these game changers are viable options. Look no farther than Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson for little men who break big plays, while still being able to move the chains .

I know there are some DHB lovers on this board, but in my opinion we've filled our need for a bigger receiver with the addition of James Hardy and Steve Johnson. I would love for us to give these guys a look at #11 if Raji, and whomever our #1 pass rusher, are off the board. I really hope we don't reach with this pick and if we target one of these two playmakers (especially Harvin) we could trade, add a pick and move towards the end of the 1st.

My personal preference is Harvin. For one, he'll be available later than Maclin (I think, if Harvin runs anything in the 4.3s, all bets are off) and he is a bigger, more physical player. I think he'll weigh in at 200+, giving him the ability to move everywhere on our offense, including snaps in the backfield. He does have injury red flags, but when healthy, I am of the opinion, he was the best and most dynamic player in the country. His workout could be a low-4 40, 20+ bench reps and a near-40 vert. Anyone who saw his games in college knows how dangerous of a player he is.

Little known fact: Percy Harvin scored a touchdown in 17 consecutive games to end his career at Florida. And those are real deal defenses, folks.

Although my ideal draft would be Raji in the 1st, I think these game changers are viable options. Look no farther than Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson for little men who break big plays, while still being able to move the chains .

In all seriousness...Are You familiar with The Buffalo Bills Needs and their current Roster at all? Little Men who make Big Plays?

Seriously? <_<

In all seriousness...Are You familiar with The Buffalo Bills Needs and their current Roster at all? Little Men who make Big Plays?

Seriously? <_<

Yes, I am familiar with our needs. How many times this season was our most dynamic receiving threat an aging Josh Reed? Are you familiar with the current roster? How many times were we completely incapable of any excitement on that side of the ball?

It wouldn't be my favorite way for the draft to unfold, but you need playmakers to excel in this league. And in our version of the West Coast Offense, you have to have game-breakers capable of big RAC numbers. We clearly do not have a sniff of that.

Harvin and Maclin will not crack the top 20. Maclin might not go until the 2nd round, even if he runs a 4.3, because of how poor his hands and route running are.

Plus, there is a chance Crabtree will be on the board at 11 after this foot injury.

There is no way in hell Maclin falls out of the 1st round. Where have you even seen one report of that happening?

Seriously? <_<

so you are saying the frony office made the right choice in selecting james hardy rather than desean jackson last year?

i want alex mack at#11,this team really needs a nasty center.if we improve the offensive line,the team will be able to sustain long drives.......that is like adding a player to the defense right there..go bills in"2012

Alex Mack is another player I wouldn't upset with.

Harvin and Maclin will not crack the top 20. Maclin might not go until the 2nd round, even if he runs a 4.3, because of how poor his hands and route running are.

Plus, there is a chance Crabtree will be on the board at 11 after this foot injury.

stupidest post of the year. i wish i knew you in real life so i could make money off ya

There are more BLIND posters on this board who scream Defensive line who didnt realize that our DL went from near last in the league in 07 to the mid teens in 08 without our best pass rusher while the offense continued to tank. A "shinny new toy" is exactly what our lethargic offense needs. I would'nt be mad or SUPRISED if we took a playmaker. This team needs it.

As much as I like DHB, The thought of Percy Harvin in the slot, or in the backfield is a weapon this team needs. his injuries are worrysome, but I'd look past them when you consider what Harvin is capable of.

Anyways, Harvin is a bit injury prone. He's missed 5 games in 3 seasons to injury. On the other hand he's played well playing through injuries.

My sense is that if Maclin or Harvin were taken at #11 that there would be more dissent than happiness in Bills Nation.

Could it actually work out to be a good pick? As an earlier poster mentioned and as I've posted before:

Pick Name Rec Yds TDs Comments

33 Donnie Avery 53 674 3 First wideout taken, small jitterbug type

42 Eddie Royal 91 980 5 Best year of rookies, small jitterbug type, Jay Cutler

49 DeSean Jackson 62 912 2 2nd best year, small jitterbug type, Donovan McNabb

Either of these guys could make a huge impact or not. Maclin had 91 rushes in 2 seasons, Harvin had 194 rushes in 3 seasons. Both are very explosive players and multiple threats.

The other person to discuss in this argument is Chris Johnson. Tennessee fans were outraged by his selection but he had a great rookie season. They wanted a wideout and the Titans took an undersized running back. Truth is, a weapon is a weapon.

One way to bottom line this is that the Bills do need more offensive weapons. Either of these guys would probably instantly upgrade the offense.

If I were making the draft selection I would not take either this high but there is an argument to be made for drafting them at #11, whether anyone agrees or not.