Mariquana found in Lynch's car

firstngoal

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the cops saved the blunts and are analyzing them for fingerprints and/or DNA.
Yeah, that makes a hell of a lot of sense. Spend thousands of $$ analyzing those blunts so maybe you can collect enough evidence to charge someone with a misdemeanor and fine them a few hundred $$.

What have you been smoking?

Right, the two or three games a year he's not suspended for will be real good ones! <_<

:D

I know this has been said before and was proven wrong but I'm waiting for SI or ESPN to report it too. I'll wait for a secondary source.

This article by Tim doesn't mention it at all.

It does say this though:

The Culver City Police Department is confident a felony firearm charge will be filed against Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch for possession of a loaded firearm in public.

Lynch's lawyer, however, questioned a direct link in Wednesday's arrest, three days after Lynch played in the Pro Bowl.

"When we make an arrest, we believe it to be justified," Culver City Police Lt. Dean Williams told ESPN.com on Tuesday.

The case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, who is expected to formally charge Lynch for possession of a loaded weapon by the end of the week.

In response to media inquiries, the Culver City Police Department on Sunday issued a brief statement that Lynch was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm, but Williams said the actual charge was for possession of a loaded weapon. The gun was an unregistered 9 mm.

Also:

Sunday's police-issued statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes-Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back. Williams added Tuesday the car "was stopped for minor traffic violations, and as I read the report they were well-justified."

<_<

I know this has been said before and was proven wrong but I'm waiting for SI or ESPN to report it too. I'll wait for a secondary source.

This article by Tim doesn't mention it at all.

It does say this though:

The Culver City Police Department is confident a felony firearm charge will be filed against Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch for possession of a loaded firearm in public.

Lynch's lawyer, however, questioned a direct link in Wednesday's arrest, three days after Lynch played in the Pro Bowl.

"When we make an arrest, we believe it to be justified," Culver City Police Lt. Dean Williams told ESPN.com on Tuesday.

The case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, who is expected to formally charge Lynch for possession of a loaded weapon by the end of the week.

In response to media inquiries, the Culver City Police Department on Sunday issued a brief statement that Lynch was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm, but Williams said the actual charge was for possession of a loaded weapon. The gun was an unregistered 9 mm.

Also:

Sunday's police-issued statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes-Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back. Williams added Tuesday the car "was stopped for minor traffic violations, and as I read the report they were well-justified."

This one does..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-74/...gun-arrest.html

Thug Mode, baby! Break out the loaded, illegal firearm, fire up some Swisher blunts, smuggle some Hennessy into the bar, and then run over some white chicks! Then get busted, pay the bail, retain a top dollar law firm, refuse to speak to the media, pay a $100 fine and read a prepared statement for the cameras.

Thug Mode, baby! Whoo, hooo!!!! ;):w00t: :w00t:

Hey, just had a thought...maybe smoking blunts is medicine treating the nausea that caused him to miss big chunks of time during games last season? <_<:D

We all saw how smoking pot hurt Michael Phelps in his quest for gold.

We waste a lot of money enforcing drug laws that make little sense.

I wonder how much of the arrest resulted from the fact that the cops saw a few black guys in a Mercedes. Just asking.

Having said all that, ML (to use A-Roid's line) is young and stupid. Why these guys risk the millions that they make is beyond me.

These marijuana charges are a case of telephone gone horribly wrong.

Since when do cops find pot in a car but then opt out of charging someone because they couldn't determine who it belongs to? Uuuh...pretty sure that just as if there would have been an open beer bottle, at the very least the DRIVER would be charged with SOMETHING.

MAY BE, just MAY BE the car smelled like marijuana, but for our straight laced friends- a "blunt" doesn't necessarily contain weed, the term can also reefer to the un-gutted cigar BEFORE the weed is put back in it and re-rolled. If the cops found FOUR of those, it's because the cigars themselves are often sold in packs of six, and therefore, the only "marijuana charges" are the inference of smell and two missing blunts that led the cops to believe something not in the car had, at one time or another, been smoked. Good luck charging anyone with ANYTHING.

These marijuana charges are a case of telephone gone horribly wrong.

Since when do cops find pot in a car but then opt out of charging someone because they couldn't determine who it belongs to? Uuuh...pretty sure that just as if there would have been an open beer bottle, at the very least the DRIVER would be charged with SOMETHING.

MAY BE, just MAY BE the car smelled like marijuana, but for our straight laced friends- a "blunt" doesn't necessarily contain weed, the term can also reefer to the un-gutted cigar BEFORE the weed is put back in it and re-rolled. If the cops found FOUR of those, it's because the cigars themselves are often sold in packs of six, and therefore, the only "marijuana charges" are the inference of smell and two missing blunts that led the cops to believe something not in the car had, at one time or another, been smoked. Good luck charging anyone with ANYTHING.

very true, even in california where the pot laws are more relaxed, 4 well rolled blunts would be almost half an ounce of weed. still not a major crime (even in NY it would just be an appearance ticket i believe). but you would think that if the cops werent just CYA'ing, they wouldve charged the owner of the car with possession. i dont know.

the pot/blunts in the car is not a big deal. what happens on the gun charges is.