Bengals don't franchise Housh

Astrobot

"Bengals won't tag Houshmandzadeh!: The Bengals have chosen to use their franchise tag on PK Shayne Graham, opening the door for WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh to leave the club without any restrictions. Had the club franchised Housh, they would have been forced to guarantee him a one-year deal worth $9.88 million. Now Houshmandzadeh will be able to test free agency when it opens on Feb. 27. Houshmandzadeh told ESPN.com that he's "90-something-percent sure" he won't re-sign with the Bengals.

(Updated 02/17/2009).

Fantasy Analysis

Teams linked to Houshmandzadeh thus far are the 49ers, Bears, Eagles and Seahawks, and more could jump in once free agency starts. Housh has been a reliable receiver and producer of touchdowns over the course of his career. Ultimately, expect him to land a massive salary and a prominent starting job. Assuming his quarterback is a good one, he still has 100-catch potential, but no more than around 1,100 yards.

(Updated 02/17/2009).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/235086/rss

get it done Buffalo

Evans, Housh, Johnson, Reed, Hardy, and Parrish sure sounds sexy

I would bet he signs with the Eagles...with Philly committed to keeping McNabb and Housh liking the idea of playing with McNabb, plus the fact the Eagles have reached the NFC championship game 5 times in last 8 years, I just dont see how it doesnt happen. Why would Housh want to go anywhere else if he can go to a major SB contender where he would be the #1 target on a talented team with a top QB throwing him the ball?

Philly wants him, McNabb really wants him, and Housh already said he would like to play there...

I would bet he signs with the Eagles...with Philly committed to keeping McNabb and Housh liking the idea of playing with McNabb, plus the fact the Eagles have reached the NFC championship game 5 times in last 8 years, I just dont see how it doesnt happen. Why would Housh want to go anywhere else if he can go to a major SB contender where he would be the #1 target on a talented team with a top QB throwing him the ball?

Philly wants him, McNabb really wants him, and Housh already said he would like to play there...

I agree. Honestly, both the Eagles and Housh deserve that trade. He's been waiting his whole career to play for a contender, and the Eagles have been waiting for 10 years for a real receiver.

Yeah, but.. (LOL)

Seems like all FA WR's want to go there -for the reasons you state. Iggles can't get 'em all. One of them's comin' our way

Yeah, but.. (LOL)

Seems like all FA WR's want to go there -for the reasons you state. Iggles can't get 'em all. One of them's comin' our way

You can't be serious. You actually believe the Bills will spend money on WR? It'd be nice, but certainly not a pressing need. And the general Bills rule is that if it's not a need or defensive back, we won't address it. I'll make a wager that no one is "comin' our way".

I believe Josh Brown was tagged last year and I remember Vinatieri a couple times with NE. And the Lions fanchised a kicker (Hanson) as well this year.

I just can't see franchising a kicker. Doing their contracts doesn't seem that difficult. I guess I'm wrong if so many teams do it. Consistent kickers are hard to find so I guess that's why.

I just can't see franchising a kicker. Doing their contracts doesn't seem that difficult. I guess I'm wrong if so many teams do it. Consistent kickers are hard to find so I guess that's why.

prevents the kicker form leaving or testing the market. Its also very cheap. $2 mil is nothing.

Jason Elam and Adam Vinatieri in 2002

Adam Vinatieri in 2005

Josh Brown in 2007

And I think there might have been someone else. Also, the Lions are considering tagging Jason Hanson.

The Falcons tagged their punter, Michael Koenen, this offseason.

I think TJ will landd in San Fran or Philadelpia. The 49ers have proven they will throw out major money for free agents. Jenings and Clemens are two examples. The Eagles have needed a good wr since Ownes left, they too will be willing to spend major money on a proven wr. They see him as the missing part needed for a super bowl run.