Garcia & Bryant

Flbillsfan#1

I heard on WDAE 620 AM Tampa, that Antonio Bryant is much more likely to sign with the Bucs now that he knows Jeff Garcia is not coming back. It seems he felt he was open numerous times & Garcia checked down rather than throw him the ball, which he was not happy about. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Get off your anti-Trent kick. You're making yourself out to be a broken record.

Trent Edwards is a polar opposite from Jeff Garcia. There is no comparison.

If you think the QB is the biggest problem with this franchise you're fooling yourself.

I don't think Trent is the biggest problem on the Bills, that would be COACHING. I posted this because a number of people on this board have said they would like to see Garcia in Buffalo & I found it interesting this knock on Garcia is also a WELL KNOWN knock on Trent.

If you think the QB is the biggest problem with this franchise you're fooling yourself.

Oh really now Billsvet...hmmm, lets just look at combined QB play in 2007 and 2008 for Buffalo between Trent and JP (mos of this is Trent)

2007:

Yards: 2834 = 177 yards per game (a joke for an NFL team)

TD's: 11

INT's 14

TD:INT ratio: .79:1

Sacks: 26

2008:

Yards: 3283 = 205 yards per game

TD's: 13

INT's: 15

TD:INT ratio: .87:1

Sacks: 38

Summary, in 32 games our QB's have passed for only 24 TD's total (unbelievably pathetic), 29 INT's (awful), have a TD:INT ratio less than 1:1 at .83:1, average ONLY 191.16 yards per game (incredibly pathetic) and have been sacked 64 times (or twice a game, not terrible, but not very good).

Also, during that span, Trent has 5 LOST fumbles and JP has 6 LOST fumbles for another 11 turnovers...so TD to turnover ratio plummets to .60:1 when you factor that in...(horrendous)

But you are right Billsvet, thats top notch production and in NO WAY a problem on this team...come on now, even you have to admit that is atrocious!

That is not the production of a winning team, that is the production of a 3 win team, and its a minor miracle that we amassed 7 wins both seasons...and that is not even factoring all the injuries we had on our D...

Until that QB production changes we are doomed to be below .500. You CAN NOT WIN IN THIS LEAGUE WHEN YOU HAVE 40, YES 40 TURNOVERS FROM YOUR QB'S AND ONLY 24 PASSING TD'S IN 32 GAMES and average LESS THAN 200 YARDS PASSING OVER 2 WHOLE SEASONS!

I mean come on...I know you are about as stubborn as they come with this Trent thing, but even you have to admit that it is atrocious and we will never win with that kind of production.\

You were right about one thing though...Garcia is the polar opposite of Trent...He is a good QB and Trent is not, at least not up to this point he hasnt...

Dude, lighten up. You took 4 words out of that post and completely missed the point because of what the guy posts in other threads.

Oh really now Billsvet...hmmm, lets just look at combined QB play in 2007 and 2008 for Buffalo between Trent and JP (mos of this is Trent)

2007:

INT's 14

2008:

Summary, in 32 games our QB's have passed for only 24 TD's total (unbelievably pathetic), 29 INT's (awful), have a TD:INT ratio less than 1:1 at .83:1, average ONLY 191.16 yards per game (incredibly pathetic) and have been sacked 64 times (or twice a game, not terrible, but not very good).

Also, during that span, Trent has 5 LOST fumbles and JP has 6 LOST fumbles for another 11 turnovers...so TD to turnover ratio plummets to .60:1 when you factor that in...(horrendous)

But you are right Billsvet, thats top notch production and in NO WAY a problem on this team...come on now, even you have to admit that is atrocious!

That is not the production of a winning team, that is the production of a 3 win team, and its a minor miracle that we amassed 7 wins both seasons...and that is not even factoring all the injuries we had on our D...

Until that QB production changes we are doomed to be below .500. You CAN NOT WIN IN THIS LEAGUE WHEN YOU HAVE 40, YES 40 TURNOVERS FROM YOUR QB'S AND ONLY 24 PASSING TD'S IN 32 GAMES and average LESS THAN 200 YARDS PASSING OVER 2 WHOLE SEASONS!

I mean come on...I know you are about as stubborn as they come with this Trent thing, but even you have to admit that it is atrocious and we will never win with that kind of production.\

You were right about one thing though...Garcia is the polar opposite of Trent...He is a good QB and Trent is not, at least not up to this point he hasnt...

I love how people misuse stats to make arguments. I'm sure playing a half against SF or 3 plays against the Cards didn't hurt Trent's average. Of course if you do this, it would lead to Trent passing for an average of 214 yards/game which was a yard below Matt Ryan and 8 yards ahead of Big Ben. But I guess that would kill that silly argument you just had. :thumbsup:

Please elaborate on this statement.

If you mean that Jeff Garcia is nothing but a winner and gets it done, then you're correct. The man is a player and I'd be happy if Trent could put up any of the numbers that Garcia has put up.

I love how people misuse stats to make arguments. I'm sure playing a half against SF or 3 plays against the Cards didn't hurt Trent's average. Of course if you do this, it would lead to Trent passing for an average of 214 yards/game which was a yard below Matt Ryan and 8 yards ahead of Big Ben. But I guess that would kill that silly argument you just had. :thumbsup:

FYI: I did not include the AZ game in the stats...

If youre convinced that trent edwards is a capable SB winning qb your thinking optimistically and as a fan.

is there a chance he can become one....sure. slight chance he ever stays healthy enough to lead a team to the playoffs

2007:

INT's 14

2008:

Quick, name a QB who has EVER been successful under Dick Jauron's "Take no chances whatsoever" offensive philosophy.

Long as this guy has any say in the game plan week to week, they are sending Trent (or whomever, for that matter.) into battle with a butter knife.

But if I answer this, the parade of the emotionally wounded would be soon forthcoming. I'm starting to hear the tubas from here. There is a little cadre here trying to make new rules on this board, and this bothers me a little. You can bash Trent until the cows come home, but if you dare say something a little unpleasant about good ol' JP, that is a strict taboo.

Not surprisingly, this group consists of those who thought than 5 years of excuse making was insufficient, and wanted yet more time. Quite frankly, it's a bit weird as well.

Quick, name a QB who has EVER been successful under Dick Jauron's "Take no chances whatsoever" offensive philosophy.

Long as this guy has any say in the game plan week to week, they are sending Trent (or whomever, for that matter.) into battle with a butter knife.

So many here say QB play is the principal problem with the team. And yet, DJ has never had a good QB play in 8 full seasons as a a HC. I subscribe to the opinion that it's not the QB, but the coaching.

And let's take it a step further. DJ has had personnel control in Chicago and Buffalo. He did so well with personnel in 99 and 00 that Jerry Angelo was hired and took those functions over from DJ. So DJ had an opportunity to find a QB and didn't. That's certainly puts to bed the notion he just didn't have good QB's. It was his job to find one and he failed.

The same things happened in Buffalo. DJ had no doubt great personnel input in 06 and 07. If the crazy's want to say TE isn't good, well, fine. He's got 22 NFL starts in his career. And now we learn that Tom Modrak will have greater say in personnel. So that tells me that DJ's staying depended somewhat to significantly on personnel authority. Had this franchise been major league like Chicago, DJ would have been out.

Trent's a young QB, but it's easy to blame QB play when the player isn't playing All-Pro caliber football. It's never DJ's fault.

2007:

INT's 14

2008:

Its not all about stats with a young QB. Its learning the game and intangibles. Any body on here who watched JP and Trent can see the difference in them.

Look at these stats...not great and somewhat comparable to Trents

Know whos they are??

GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Y/G Rate Sk

7 2-5-0 176 273 64.5 1795 15 9 119.7 87.8 15

Joe Montana in his 2nd year.

But if I answer this, the parade of the emotionally wounded would be soon forthcoming. I'm starting to hear the tubas from here. There is a little cadre here trying to make new rules on this board, and this bothers me a little. You can bash Trent until the cows come home, but if you dare say something a little unpleasant about good ol' JP, that is a strict taboo.

Not surprisingly, this group consists of those who thought than 5 years of excuse making was insufficient, and wanted yet more time. Quite frankly, it's a bit weird as well.

You said it was JP, these guys say its Trent.

Poor QB performance is a symptom not the disease.

I have been saying it is DJ and the shitting OL for three years.

This thread was not meant to be about Trent, let alone JP. JP is GONE Bill, LET IT GO. I started this thread because being a Bucs fan & watching EVERY GAME Garcia played for the Bucs, I don't think he's very good. Many people on this board want the Bills to sign Garcia & I found it interesting that someone that was a teammate of his had the same thing to say about him as has been said about Trent.

Its not all about stats with a young QB. Its learning the game and intangibles. Any body on here who watched JP and Trent can see the difference in them.

Look at these stats...not great and somewhat comparable to Trents

Know whos they are??

GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Y/G Rate Sk

7 2-5-0 176 273 64.5 1795 15 9 119.7 87.8 15

Joe Montana in his 2nd year.

As I said in another post this thread is about Garcia NOT Trent. However, now that the Montana comparison has been made for about the millionth time, I don't recall Montana ever being injured until he was much older.

As I said in another post this thread is about Garcia NOT Trent.

>>>>>I posted this because a number of people on this board have said they would like to see Garcia in Buffalo & I found it interesting this knock on Garcia is also a WELL KNOWN knock on Trent.<<<<<

I guess the above must have confused some posters who don't have a crystal ball, or do know your history of attacking Trent and praising JP.

>>>>>I posted this because a number of people on this board have said they would like to see Garcia in Buffalo & I found it interesting this knock on Garcia is also a WELL KNOWN knock on Trent.<<<<<

I guess the above must have confused some posters who don't have a crystal ball, or do know your history of attacking Trent and praising JP.

I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear in my 1st post. Everyone that watches the Buffalo Bills know Trent's shortcomings, no need to beat a dead horse Bill. I don't like Garcia, & wanted to let others on this board that have not watched him play, he isn't very good.

I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear in my 1st post. Everyone that watches the Buffalo Bills know Trent's shortcomings, no need to beat a dead horse Bill. I don't like Garcia, & wanted to let others on this board that have not watched him play, he isn't very good.

Garcia is the very last thing the Bills need. Seriously, I would rather see Charlie Frye.