With the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL DRAFT the Buffalo Bills select....

JJBuffalo

2009 Draft  

83 members have voted

1. 1. not who you want them to pick, but who will they pick

• Brian Orapko
    • Everette Brown
    • Brandon Pettegrew
    • Rey Maualuga
    • Aaron Curry
    • Michael Johnson
    • DB
    • OT
    • Other or Trade Down

It looks more and more like Orakpo is going to fall to us so I chose him. I can tell you that I don't want Pettigrew, Maualuga, Johnson, or a DB at #11. Only if we trade down and pick up extra picks would I take any of those.

My feeling is that they go DE, Im goin with Michael Johnson. I think the other DE's might be gone when they pick.

I don't think they go Johnson, but I totally agree with you that the fans here who think Orakpo, Raji and Brown will be there at 11 are going to be dissapointed.

I just don't see any way either of those guys make it to us at 11. I think there is more value in other picks at 11 over Johnson...DE is clearly a need, but I am not sold on Johnson being the answer, especially at #11. I think Raji is surely gone too...I just don't see how Cinci doesnt take him. They were hot for Sedrick Ellis last year and missed out on him, they are just as bad at DT this year, so I can't forsee them passing on him.

So, I think that we will look hard at Pettigrew or the best LB available.

I don't think they go Johnson, but I totally agree with you that the fans here who think Orakpo, Raji and Brown will be there at 11 are going to be dissapointed.

I just don't see any way either of those guys make it to us at 11. I think there is more value in other picks at 11 over Johnson...DE is clearly a need, but I am not sold on Johnson being the answer, especially at #11. I think Raji is surely gone too...I just don't see how Cinci doesnt take him. They were hot for Sedrick Ellis last year and missed out on him, they are just as bad at DT this year, so I can't forsee them passing on him.

They re-signed '06 #4 DT Domato Peko to big bucks last season, and '08 #3 Pat Sims did well in limited action.

Their OL starters dropped like flies - hard to think they won't look that way. '06 #2 G/T Whitworth had a bad injury, as well as franchise player G/T Stacey Andrews - and LT Levi Jones is essentially shot (chronic knee injury), after a couple of years playing a half a season - maybe. And he turned into a whiner. He bought a 1.5 million dollar Bugatti Veyron, and complained about how he was under-appreciated and under-compensated...

I doubt that CIN is in the DT derby.

But if Curry was available at #6...

My top three choices would be BJ Raji, Everette Brown or Brandon Pettigrew. Raji is clearly the best of the three in my opinion, while it would be a difficult choice if it came down to Pettigrew and Brown.

On the other hand, I wouldn't draft Michael Johnson until sometime in the early afternoon on Sunday over the draft weekend. He's a great athlete and has potential on that count alone, but otherwise, I was totally and completely unimpressed when I saw him play.

Don't be surprised if they pick up Crabtree, Huszmanzada will be gone and Chad Johnson is on the decline and they need to feed their #1 player Carson Palmer with a stud...

Personally for Buffalo I'd like to see Brown available, but he probably won't be there, Raji would be my next choice then Orapko, my feeling is one of them will be there. If not, trading down would be ideal, but I wouldnt be surprised if we went Pettigrew.

They re-signed '06 #4 DT Domato Peko to big bucks last season, and '08 #3 Pat Sims did well in limited action.

Their OL starters dropped like flies - hard to think they won't look that way. '06 #2 G/T Whitworth had a bad injury, as well as franchise player G/T Stacey Andrews - and LT Levi Jones is essentially shot (chronic knee injury), after a couple of years playing a half a season - maybe. And he turned into a whiner. He bought a 1.5 million dollar Bugatti Veyron, and complained about how he was under-appreciated and under-compensated...

I doubt that CIN is in the DT derby.

But if Curry was available at #6...

Fair points...but as far as Peko goes, we have big bucks invested in a way better player in Stroud, yet people still see us taking Raji...so I dont think Peko factors in as much as you think.

Their Defense is atrocious, especially Run D, and has been for a long time. They play in a heavily weighted running division and Lewis is a defensive minded coach and the D is a bigger issue than the offense will be, especially with Palmer back. Seeing how explosive Denver and NO offesne was and then still missing playoffs I think is a clear indiactor as why they go D instead of O with this pick. They have the makings of a good offense again with Palmer back, but their D has little hope to improve unless they bring in some real talent. I dont see them making any big FA signings either with all the turmoil that team has had the last few years...players will go elsewhere...

They have coveted a big time DT (point being why they overpaid for Peko) and Sims playing well in limited action by no means will be comparable to a Raji coming out of college. Taking Raji is the best hope they have of adding a big time playmaker this year...

Don't be surprised if they pick up Crabtree, Huszmanzada will be gone and Chad Johnson is on the decline and they need to feed their #1 player Carson Palmer with a stud...

Personally for Buffalo I'd like to see Brown available, but he probably won't be there, Raji would be my next choice then Orapko, my feeling is one of them will be there. If not, trading down would be ideal, but I wouldnt be surprised if we went Pettigrew.

No way Crabtree makes it to them past Seattle...Seattle either takes him or someone trades into their spot to get him...

I'll wait to see who they get in FA.

But, I know there will be a poll like this every week, until the draft.

:w00t: :w00t: :wallbash:

LOL, you are probably right...but um, its February, so what else is there to talk about on this board?

Its better than the "down with Ralph" or "Im gonna throw a tanturm until DJ is fired" or "I am no longer a Bills fan, but I am going to keep posting on here daily anyway and telling how how much I am not a fan anymore" threads...

LOL, you are probably right...but um, its February, so what else is there to talk about on this board?

Its better than the "down with Ralph" or "Im gonna throw a tanturm until DJ is fired" or "I am no longer a Bills fan, but I am going to keep posting on here daily anyway and telling how how much I am not a fan anymore" threads...

Yes, you are probably right.