Say it ain't so!!

BuffaloBud

It is interesting that they used Sammy's (Niagara Falls) as one of the places to shoot the piece (I think La Nova was the other place).

Sammy's is an odd place (and my Father's favorite for pizza and wings). They run a lot of pizza/wing specials, and you can get a REALLY good deal there. The problem is their consistency. Sammy's was very good, many many years ago. Now it's hit and miss. It can be terrific one day, and really crappy the next.

Now, did I hear, somewhere in that piece, that poultry farms are producing "fewer wings"? WTF does that mean? That has to mean that they are producing fewer chickens, right? Or are whole chickens taking up a bigger proportion of what they ship (not produce)? Or are they really producing fewer wings, by raising wingless chickens? :lol:

It is interesting that they used Sammy's (Niagara Falls) as one of the places to shoot the piece (I think La Nova was the other place).

Sammy's is an odd place (and my Father's favorite for pizza and wings). They run a lot of pizza/wing specials, and you can get a REALLY good deal there. The problem is their consistency. Sammy's was very good, many many years ago. Now it's hit and miss. It can be terrific one day, and really crappy the next.

Now, did I hear, somewhere in that piece, that poultry farms are producing "fewer wings"? WTF does that mean? That has to mean that they are producing fewer chickens, right? Or are whole chickens taking up a bigger proportion of what they ship (not produce)? Or are they really producing fewer wings, by raising wingless chickens? :rolleyes:

You're right about Sammy's. We used to go there after softball and hockey games, and one week the food would be great and then next it would be awful.

Now, did I hear, somewhere in that piece, that poultry farms are producing "fewer wings"? WTF does that mean? That has to mean that they are producing fewer chickens, right? Or are whole chickens taking up a bigger proportion of what they ship (not produce)? Or are they really producing fewer wings, by raising wingless chickens? :(

Unfortunately, in my experience, that is true of the very best pizza joints... the best one have their bad pies too... it is kind of a paradox...