We can get Leonard back?

Watch him follow his coordinator Rex Ryan to the Jets, that way we get to see him twice a year.

Who cares.....he is an average safety who was making plays on a GREAT defense...no offense to Jim, he was not the catelyst on that team!

Why ? Our secondary is fine and dandy. There are other areas that can use the money - both lines for starters.

Not really. If Greer leaves we aren't fine. As for safety, I'm tired of seeing Simpson get smoked.

He's not that great of a Safety and we already have 3 Pro Bowl caliber return men (McKelvin, Parrish, and McGee). He has one of the best defenses in the league wrapped around him. That's the only reason he's looked like anything at all. I'd rather have Wilson and Simpson than him.

Have to say that we might just as well ask Mark Kelso to come out of retirement.

Again. Haloti Ngata (Albert Haynesworth clone), Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Bart Scott, etc, etc, etc.

If Leonhard was with the Bills he'd be the guy being run over by Sammie Morris. I don't get that people don't understand that football is primarily won in the trenches.

It's amazing that people here can't get what troubles the Bills.......let's try this, although I know it won't work.....

WE NEED A DEFENSIVE LINE

Until that problem is addressed, it doesn't matter if Reed and Polamalu are back there. They can only cover for so long, and would be making tackles 8 yards downfield.

LINE LINE LINE LINE LINE :blush::oops::nana:

We need Greer to stay with the Bills otherwise, we have yet another gaping hole on our defense.

And I love Jabari Greer too. He's the quintessential gritty, overachiever with a modicum of talent too. However all we've heard is that he's going to get an offer for starter's money and if indeed that is true, he's probably gone.

McKelvin will of course start, that's why he was drafted and he looks like a star in the making. So Greer would be a backup with the Bills.

IF Reggie Corner continues to develop and IF Ashton Yobouty can stay healthy, the Bills MAY be alright at cornerback next year. Regardless, because of the fact that teams play 3 wideouts more than half the time, you can rest assured that the Bills will draft another cornerback this year. Every team drafts at least one corner every year. Hopefully though it wouldn't be till the 3rd round or later.

Have to say that we might just as well ask Mark Kelso to come out of retirement.

Again. Haloti Ngata (Albert Haynesworth clone), Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Bart Scott, etc, etc, etc.

If Leonhard was with the Bills he'd be the guy being run over by Sammie Morris. I don't get that people don't understand that football is primarily won in the trenches.

did I mention I'd like to sign Julius Peppers and B. Berry also this offeseason?

That might help a bit

And I love Jabari Greer too. He's the quintessential gritty, overachiever with a modicum of talent too. However all we've heard is that he's going to get an offer for starter's money and if indeed that is true, he's probably gone.

McKelvin will of course start, that's why he was drafted and he looks like a star in the making. So Greer would be a backup with the Bills.

IF Reggie Corner continues to develop and IF Ashton Yobouty can stay healthy, the Bills MAY be alright at cornerback next year. Regardless, because of the fact that teams play 3 wideouts more than half the time, you can rest assured that the Bills will draft another cornerback this year. Every team drafts at least one corner every year. Hopefully though it wouldn't be till the 3rd round or later.

And this last paragraph is exactly why the Bills are the Bills. Instead of paying a guy to stay and making a strength out of their CB's to match up with say......NE, they'll let a guy go away and continually get burned by NE's third WR, or pretty soon Miami's 3rd WR, or NY's.

I don't get it...you can be so far ahead of the game with a good nickel corner, OR a fantastic third WR, but the crappy teams just don't seem to get that.

Just think......Steve Breaston vs. Reggie Corner. I'll take Breaston to win that matchup. Hell, let's say McGee goes down again, and then Youbouty is shifted into the nickel role. Then, it's Gaffney from Pats vs. youbouty. Again, I'll take Gaffney.

Now, sign Greer and you have three very solid corners. Something of course we won't do, even with having about 4 trillion of cap money to spend. Of course, this is after we DON"T go out and get any D-Line help either.

:huh: Our secondary is not fine and dandy by any means. What delusion are you watching????

I argue that it is more than adequate if we had a stout DL. They would then do their primary task of defending the pass and the occassional run support. If the DL and LB is doing their job, the secondary should primarily be seeing the WRs which I think they are fast and strong enough to defend against. In decreasing order of priority on the D, we need 1 DE (assuming Schobel is back in full strength next year), 1 interior lineman, 1 LB. If we achieve this, watch the pass defense excel and interceptions to spike up.

He would be third string strong safety and third string punt returner on the Bills, just like before he was not resigned. What is with this fascintation? He is an average player at best who had the good fortune to be the back up safety on a team with a great front seven, an all time player beside him in Ed Reed, who had no other options when the starter went out. Get over it.