Could Evans ..all things being equal..

Tcali

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Smith dominates games from time to time, and he's smaller than Evans.

Steve Smith has more heart than evans. The way Smith goes after a ball. He believes everytime its in the air, its his. You wont see that from evens.

Steve Smith dominates games from time to time, and he's smaller than Evans.

true...--but as has been said..he is maybethe best WR in the game.

One thing though--I dont think Evans has had a really good QB to work with yet.

Larry Fitzgerald is almost certainly the best WR in the league right now. In good circumstances, Evans is a solid, Pro Bowl kind of WR, but he's not #1.

I wouldnt say Fitz is better than Steve Smith...altho I would say they are both better than TO right now because of TOs advanced age.

true...--but as has been said..he is maybethe best WR in the game.

One thing though--I dont think Evans has had a really good QB to work with yet.

Evans is a good #2. Nothing more. Just another strategic "core-player" signing by the FO. His deal is the only thing he has comparble to Fitzgerald-regarding football. In 1-2 years his money will look more like a contract given to Schobel, Kelsay,ky,buttlicker, etc...

dominate a game like Fitzgerald did??

I don't think so. He's too small.

Put Evans on Philly, AZ, NE, etc and he is a top 5 WR in this league in terms of stats and would probably be comparable on that level...however, he will not ever dominate a game like Fitz becuse they play two different games.

Fitz muscles his guy, man handles the D, out leaps the D, and is almost uncoverable. He is the best WR in football, and Andre Johnson and Anquan Bolding are probably #2 and #3 right behind him...both of them are also fast, big, physical recievers who can beat you on route running, on the deep ball, and even when jammed.

How S. Smith, R. Moss, and S. Moss dominate games is more comparable to what Evans could do in a better passing offense.

I would rank the WR's in the league like this (and I know this is debateable, but just my opinnion):

1 Fitz

2 AJ

3 Boldin

4 S. Smith

5 R. Moss

6 Jennings

7 Wayne

8 Welker

9 Calvin Johnson (although he probably moves up this list next year)

10 Housh

Honestly, once you get past the top 4 its gets really debateable...but I think the top 4 are pretty much the best WR's in football.

dominate a game like Fitzgerald did??

I don't think so. He's too small.

Fitz now has more yards receiving in one postseason than any other WR, breaking Rice's record. So, in all fairness, I'm not sure any WR in the league could dominate a game like he did today. In fact, you could say that no WR in the history of the league has done what Fitz has done over the last 3 weeks.

Put Evans on Philly, AZ, NE, etc and he is a top 5 WR in this league in terms of stats and would probably be comparable on that level...however, he will not ever dominate a game like Fitz becuse they play two different games.

Fitz muscles his guy, man handles the D, out leaps the D, and is almost uncoverable. He is the best WR in football, and Andre Johnson and Anquan Bolding are probably #2 and #3 right behind him...both of them are also fast, big, physical recievers who can beat you on route running, on the deep ball, and even when jammed.

How S. Smith, R. Moss, and S. Moss dominate games is more comparable to what Evans could do in a better passing offense.

I would rank the WR's in the league like this (and I know this is debateable, but just my opinnion):

1 Fitz

2 AJ

3 Boldin

4 S. Smith

5 R. Moss

6 Jennings

7 Wayne

8 Welker

9 Calvin Johnson (although he probably moves up this list next year)

10 Housh

Honestly, once you get past the top 4 its gets really debateable...but I think the top 4 are pretty much the best WR's in football.

Jennings/Wayne/Welker above Calvin Johnson is insane after the year he had with the QB's he had.

Otherwise I don't have a problem with that - Fitz, AJ, Smith, Moss, and Calvin are almost interchangeable to me.

There's at least a chance that Andre Johnson is an NFL-caliber QB away from being the best WR in NFL history, yet we may never know. Calvin Johnson, as well.

Schaub isn't that bad. Him & AJ haven't been healthy at the same time enough the last couple years. But yah the Carr era sure didn't help his career.