Go Steelers

Erik

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jauron-esque play there.

Yeah, amazing stupidity to run a play like that with so little time remaining -- not even giving your QB a chance at a spike and getting at least 3 points out of the deal. I thought only Jauron was this stupid, but it looks like he has a little company this evening.

Yeah, amazing stupidity to run a play like that with so little time remaining -- not even giving your QB a chance at a spike and getting at least 3 points out of the deal. I thought only Jauron was this stupid, but it looks like he has a little company this evening.

The QB had the chance to throw it away but he threw to middle of the field. Blame the QB choice on where to throw it not the coach.

Just like last week vs. Tenn, the Ravens were pretty much dominated but they are within a TD of leading due to miscues and lost opportunities by their opponent. If you're a Ravens fan, you actually have to like your chances in this one.

Dont get me wrong, I like his demeanor and conferences...the problem is how well you do in a post game conference isnt going to win you games...its his on field decisions that affect the outcome of the games. He needs to elevate his gameday performance before I can consider him an upper echelon coach...doesnt mean he wont get there, I just dont think he is there yet while a lot of people have him as one of the measuring sticks for great coaches.

Not only post game - mid week - any time. This year he pulled that team together when Willie Parker spoke out about not getting the ball enough. His response was excellent and he went in front of the media on a day that he was not scheduled to do it. And he did it without slamming Parker too badly. No way DJ comes up with that.

I would argue that the rest of the hours of the week are far more important than the gameday calls anyway. While most people like to point to this or that call, there are many plays in the game and any one of them can determine the outcome of the game. The mindset of the team is infinitely more important than the calls made during the game.

Just like last week vs. Tenn, the Ravens were pretty much dominated but they are within a TD of leading due to miscues and lost opportunities by their opponent. If you're a Ravens fan, you actually have to like your chances in this one.

I get what you're saying but 7-7 is a lot better than 13-7 especially since the Steelers D is better than the Titans.

I don't like the Ravens chances here even though i bet on them.

UGH, as much as i dont like Willis, that was a nice little shift outside to get the TD and gotta give him credit for bouncing it outside and making a nice move to bring the ravens within 2.

Nantz is all over his blitz pick-ups too. He was always good at that even though he was crucified here for 1 missed block vs. the Jets that turned into a fumble return for 6.

Ok, about 9 min left in the game...close game...who does it favor? I am going to go out a small limb here and say the Ravens D makes a play and either scores or puts the offense in a good position to steal this game. Could be wrong, but I had a feeling Balt might steal this game even though I bet on Pitt...luckily I bet heavy on the cards and small on the Steelers, lol...

I get what you're saying but 7-7 is a lot better than 13-7 especially since the Steelers D is better than the Titans.

I don't like the Ravens chances here even though i bet on them.

You could just feel it at halftime. The Steelers should have been up by 10 or more. The Ravens are now in excellent position to win this game. Pittsburgh is starting to pucker up.