Why NE is gonna franchise Cassel - read this

Alphadawg7

(I am editing this post to hopefully help reduce some of the pointless responses)

I was informed today that by someone close to the Matt Cassel situaton, that NE is franchising Matt Cassel because of concerns about him going to someone in the division, including Buffalo as there is (or was) apparent strong interest in Matt Cassel from the Buffalo Bills.

They decidied to franchise him to keep him out of the division, including Buffalo, and told him they would explore trade scenarios OUTSIDE the division if both him and Brady are healthy going into next season. It was not indicated to me WHO would be the topic of trade scenarios in the situation, Brady or Cassel, but my impression was they were referring to trade scenarios involving Matt Cassel, but who knows.

So, the most interesting part of this for me is the obvious...how much (or how little) faith do the Bills have in Trent despite what they say pubilcly and do you think this opens up the possibility of the Bills doing something not really expected right now and going with a QB on the first day of the draft, maybe even at #11 if Sanchez falls? Or maybe even look to make a big play in FA or on the trade market to bring in a QB to compete with Trent as opposed to just a backup?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's absolutely no way I can ascertain the validity of your source unless I know that you drive a nicer car than me. So... what kinda car do you drive?

OMG, r u serious? Do you think everyone on set makes big bucks? The people who work under me make about $1100 a week, and the guys below them make about $600 a week and there is a lot more of them, they are called Production Assistants (PA''s) and are around all the stars and crew as much, if not more, than everyone else...so how on earth would what car I drive validate my post?

OMG, r u serious? Do you think everyone on set makes big bucks? The people who work under me make about $1100 a week, and the guys below them make about $600 a week and there is a lot more of them, they are called Production Assistants (PA''s) and are around all the stars and crew as much, if not more, than everyone else...so how on earth would what car I drive validate my post?

It's an inside joke on the board dude, take it easy...look up Skooby's post on Jauron being fired.

I think he's actually giving another poster a hard time...not directed at you.....

So it has nothing to do with the fact that Brady had to have multiple sugeries and might not be ready for 2009.....

It also has nothing to do with the fact that the Pats can get multiple high round draft picks for Cassel if they franchise and trade him....

It is only because Buffalo was going to sign him, even though free agency hasn't started and you aren't allowed to talk turkey with players/agents.....

Tell Mrs Cassel to stick to ironing Cristian Slater's pants.

So you're saying you make more in one week than all those people make in a year. That's a good start. But, without your car of choice, there's still not enough data to compute an accurate assessment of your inside source.

I think he's actually giving another poster a hard time...not directed at you.....

:thumbsup: If we can't have a little fun, there's no sense in playing. I would hope even the people that drive nice cars on this board can appreciate that.

It's an inside joke on the board dude, take it easy...look up Skooby's post on Jauron being fired.

oh...must have missed that one, sorry...lol

Anyway, this post is no joke and it really makes me wonder if our front office was just that enamored with Cassel only or if they are not as high on Trent anymore and are looking to make a starting QB a priority this offseason in general either through the draft, FA or trade...

Anyway, she called me and told me she thought I should hear something knowing I was a Bills fan that she thought I would find interesting. NE is planning on franchising Cassel because they do NOT want him to go into the division, specifically the Buffalo Bills because NE knew we had a very strong interest in Cassel and he was on the top of our target list. She said the Bills were going to offer him a 3 year contract with a big signing bonus.

How the heck would NE* know that Buffalo wanted to offer a 3 year contract with "a big signing bonus"??

You could say that for just about every team in search of a FA QB. More likely, it would be at least a 4 to

5 year contract with a HUGE signing bonus, as the player would want financial security.

Sorry, but I doubt this story. Doubt Cassel is/was at the "top" of our FA list.

Alpha is another sham. There is no reason for Matt Cassel's mother to know why the Patriots front office would want to franchise her son.

Besides, most people at OBD are very high on Edwards. Trying to ink Cassel to a large contract at a position Buffalo already has a player at is complete non-sense. DJ likes Trent, and vice-versa.

:thumbsup: If we can't have a little fun, there's no sense in playing. I would hope even the people that drive nice cars on this board can appreciate that.

Honestly, I drive a Lexus F350...had a BMW and switched this year...I swear, I will never own another brand of car again. I can not believe how well Lexus takes care of you once you are an owner, at least here in Santa Monica.

First, I love the car. Two, they keep having me come in for free golf lessons using high tek computer software and PGA tour golf instructors (this is free to lexus owners as a way to just keep up relations with you), movie tickets to premieres of movies 3 weeks before they are released, charity party's, etc.

The service center is top notch too...even offering complimentary massages and manicures on certain days...I have been quite impressed.

Honestly, I drive a Lexus F350...had a BMW and switched this year...I swear, I will never own another brand of car again. I can not believe how well Lexus takes care of you once you are an owner, at least here in Santa Monica.

First, I love the car. Two, they keep having me come in for free golf lessons using high tek computer software and PGA tour golf instructors (this is free to lexus owners as a way to just keep up relations with you), movie tickets to premieres of movies 3 weeks before they are released, charity party's, etc.

The service center is top notch too...even offering complimentary massages and manicures on certain days...I have been quite impressed.

Skooby part II minus a ridiculous avatar.

Should I puke now or save it for later?

How the heck would NE* know that Buffalo wanted to offer a 3 year contract with "a big signing bonus"??

You could say that for just about every team in search of a FA QB. More likely, it would be at least a 4 to

5 year contract with a HUGE signing bonus, as the player would want financial security.

Sorry, but I doubt this story. Doubt Cassel is/was at the "top" of our FA list.

More to the fact, how the heck would Matt Cassell's mom know? FA doesn't start for few months, and it is illegal under NFL rules to talk to anybody under contract.

Another laughable post by alphadog. Who would drive a car like that and call themselves "Alphadog" anyways. ahah